• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kanra

Cool, finally platinumed Bloodborne. After beating watchdog, idk what happened but everything combat wise just started clicking for me. Ended beating the rest of the chalice bosses and story bosses easily.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is there a decent place to farm molotovs? I'm approaching the R
om
boss.

Kysen

The chalices suck, so much repetition. Thinking of just finishing the game and skipping the last 2. Screw farming for materials to progress.

Late Flag

The chalices suck, so much repetition. Thinking of just finishing the game and skipping the last 2. Screw farming for materials to progress.

The dungeons themselves suck, but honestly some of the bosses are the best and most memorable in the game. I'm happy to have done them, even if this end of the game was a little disappointing compared to what I was expecting.

Dan

Molotovs didn't do a thing for me against that boss. Bolt paper however.

I'm not even thinking specifically about the boss, although they seemed helpful at the end. Died like one hit away.

Also, fuck this boss and that ice attack. Can't fucking dodge it for shit no matter which way I run.

Toxi

Banned
I'm not even thinking specifically about the boss, although they seemed helpful at the end. Died like one hit away.

Also, fuck this boss and that ice attack. Can't fucking dodge it for shit no matter which way I run.
Try moving your camera up so you can see from where they're coming.

psychotron

Don't just run. Dodge roll. There's a way to time it so they don't hit you. Look for when his head lifts up as your clue to start rolling.

Dan

Don't just run. Dodge roll. There's a way to time it so they don't hit you. Look for when his head lifts up as your clue to start rolling.
I'm doing all of this. Fucking garbage. I dodge one and the next damn blast has predicted where I'm landing.

Man I'm craving some dlc for this game. Started playing the chalice dungeons because I really wanted to play, but is not the same. I guess the dungeons will have to suffice me until Bloodborne 2. Blah.

Putty

That's right. Make sure to get that Blood Rock too if you haven't already.

Interesting. For me he was one of the most enjoyable fights in the game.

Yep got that on me weapon 8)

I've done all bosses bar the last 2, is there anything else I've missed that I can go back to? I've only got a few missing trophys...2 left for bosses I guess, 2 I haven't got for having all certain weapons, maybe I can just buy them all?

Any tips against
defiled doggy?
I can get it down to its last third of hp but then it wrecks me with the unpredictable jumps that can one shot me.

Nose Master

Me and my room mate just started a gimmick run where he's only using the torch and trying to beat the game. Only past Father Gas atm, but it should become "easier" now, with the Hunter's Torch. You can't even upgrade the normal torch.
argh.gif

Cheated by using a few molotovs, but that won't work forever. No weapons, though!

So I'm loving Bloodborne, but my PS4 keeps dropping wifi. I searched but couldn't find anything here. No issues on other devices.

Can one of the Old Blood in here point me in the right direction? Sorry if off topic.

Audioboxer

Finally finished my skill character and am ready for NG+. My favourite character by far (tried strength, quality and arcane).

SL 100

Vit 40
End 25
Str 10 (to use burial blade)
Skl 50
Bt 10 (to use reiterpallasch)
Arcane 15 (to use hunter tools)

I have a good range of flexibility between blades of mercy, burial blade, threaded cane and reiterpallasch. Hunter tools aren't great but 15 arcane let's me use most and arcane scales a little with bom and burial. I used the blood rock on blades of mercy as they rock. Threaded cane and reiterpallasch can both be buffed with paper or arcane shell thingy.

Need to tackle chalice dungeons for my plat and good gems. Had so much fun with this game, combat is miles better than Souls games.

Okay, so I've beaten:
Cleric Beast, Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Shadow of Yharnam, Blood starved Beast, Witch of Hemwick, Darkbeast Paarl, Amygdala, Logarius, Rom, The One Reborn
... am I missing any optionals? I don't want to accidentally trigger the end of the game and I feel like I'm quite far in. :)

Okay, so I've beaten:
Cleric Beast, Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Shadow of Yharnam, Blood starved Beast, Witch of Hemwick, Darkbeast Paarl, Amygdala, Logarius, Rom, The One Reborn
... am I missing any optionals? I don't want to accidentally trigger the end of the game and I feel like I'm quite far in. :)

Did you go to
Upper Cathedral Ward
? There are a couple bosses there that you didn't mention.

taybul

Okay, so I've beaten:
You haven't been to Upper Cathedral yet...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
ENBs newest lore video with his daughter at the beginning!! too cute...

Working my way through a skill and ? build now...

advice - should i go Bloodborne for chikage and Evelyn or Arcane for the spells and the lightning stick? Stacking skill hard right now so i'm sticking with the cane-whip until the twin blades...

Me and my room mate just started a gimmick run where he's only using the torch and trying to beat the game. Only past Father Gas atm, but it should become "easier" now, with the Hunter's Torch. You can't even upgrade the normal torch.
argh.gif

Cheated by using a few molotovs, but that won't work forever. No weapons, though!

That was pretty entertaining when is episode 2?

taybul

Be thorough in
Yahar'gul
and you should get your clue.

Before the Yahar'gul Chapel lamp.

To add...
check out the area with the laser beams thoroughly

And FWIW I didn't find out myself when I went through this area. It's not the most obvious thing either.

Yep got that on me weapon 8)

I've done all bosses bar the last 2, is there anything else I've missed that I can go back to? I've only got a few missing trophys...2 left for bosses I guess, 2 I haven't got for having all certain weapons, maybe I can just buy them all?

The weapons you haven't gotten are mostly stuff that you have to do specific NPC quests to get, and then you'll be able to buy the second last boss' weapon in NG+

I just want to take a moment to appreciate how Ludwig's can just be tossed onto most builds because of its B/B scaling (or A arcane scaling if you are trying to be a spellcaster and you convert it to arcane).

advice - should i go Bloodborne for chikage and Evelyn or Arcane for the spells and the lightning stick? Stacking skill hard right now so i'm sticking with the cane-whip until the twin blades...

Arcane meshes with Skill builds more since there are two weapons where both skill and arcane add to the default damage without needing to convert to arcane. However, I wouldn't recommend doing something like 50 Arcane (just around 20 is plenty) because Arcane damage isn't very good especially on those weapons that have split physical/arcane damage where the Arcane scaling and base arcane damage is meh.

If I were making a build from scratch, I would prioritize Bloodtinge over Arcane but since you already went Skill a little bit of Arcane might fit better.

Quick Question

I didn't realize Ludwig would scale with Arcane.
My current stats are:
VIT - 33
END - 32
STR - 31
SKL - 32
ARCANE - 9

I love using Ludwig. Is it worth dumping my echoes into Arcane?

Quick Question

I didn't realize Ludwig would scale with Arcane.
My current stats are:
VIT - 33
END - 32
STR - 31
SKL - 32
ARCANE - 9

I love using Ludwig. Is it worth dumping my echoes into Arcane?

Nope. The arcane scaling only kicks in if you convert it to Arcane damage (which you lose all of your Skill and Strength scaling and all of your previous physical damage). It doesn't work like Dark Souls'
Greatsword of Artorias
at all.

Audioboxer

Lightning stick is strength based. If you mean the mace.

Nope. The arcane scaling only kicks in if you convert it to Arcane damage (which you lose all of your Skill and Strength scaling and all of your previous physical damage). It doesn't work like Dark Souls'
Greatsword of Artorias
at all.

And this is why every Souls-game is better than Bloodborne.

I love this game but there are so many "What the fuck?"- moments....
I hope they return to the souls-series (they should keep the weapon transformations though).

Zocano

I have a pure arcane build character (50 arcane at SL 100) and you have to work *really* hard to make it work.

Basically you have shit damage until late game when you can dive into chalice dungeons. Working with enemy resistances is part of the build though so you can still eek out pretty okay damage that way.

Plus
stun locking Rom to death was super fun. Didn't even get a chance to warp.

But it basically just becomes farm chalice dungeons to try and get arcane, fire, or bolt damage gems.

I hope they return to the souls-series (they should keep the weapon transformations though).

I can't even begin to tell you how much more I like BB over the Souls games, and DS1 and DeS are in my top 10 of all time

In terms of graphics I feel
Mergo's Wet Nurse
is the most "next gen" looking thing in the game.

The creature design is the best I have ever seen in any game ever and MWN is at the very top.
Its like a ring wraith mixed with Goro and a crow

?

Converting a weapon to Arcane via gemming isn't much different from forging a weapon with Magic/Enchanted or imbuing with a Magic Stone.

Top Bottom