• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As you build up the beast meter by hitting foes, your attacks deal more damage. Strong attacks or attacks that hit multiple foes tend to raise the meter a lot.

It might not seem like much with how hard it is to build up the meter significantly, but it can be useful.

I see. Thanks. I'm already doing good damage so I don't really need it.

Where can I get the key to unlock the door in the healing workshop?

Toxi

Banned
I see. Thanks. I'm already doing good damage so I don't really need it.

Where can I get the key to unlock the door in the healing workshop?
If you mean the locked door after the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge, you can find the key in the (late-game spoilers)
Unseen Village, inside the locked cage.

takriel

Okay. Where the one reborn is. Where is it from there?

The area before the second lantern. There's an amygdala shooting lasers and a bunch of crazy women coming at you. In this area, you can drop down somewhere if you keep to the fence on your right.

Okay. Where the one reborn is. Where is it from there?

its right before the broken lamp with the 3
hunters

Theres one lady chilling on the side of that laser area and there is a spot you can walk off. If you are running from the 2nd lamp area, its on the left side. Right side if you're coming from the 1st lamp

NEO0MJ

How important is it to explore the Chalice Dungeons? Are there any good rewards or is it purely for the challenge? Are there unique bosses inside?

capybara

Neo Member
Just beat The First Hunter without parrying, I was probably making things harder for myself but getting the timing right was too frustrating.

squidyj

Finally getting around to doing chalice dungeons. what's so punishing about Defiled is it actually pushes you in two separate directions, you don't want to let yourself be low on health because you could just get rekt, while at the same time your vials do barely anything putting you in a possible state of resource starvation. You both want to conserve and spend at the same time.

2AdEPT

Finally man that was tough though. Notwithstanding, Im glad they finally put a boss in the game that doestn allow you in behind easily and whose attacks can't easily be punished. Forced me to learn the attacks better and be patient.

TP-DK

Ng+ now

Fought Gehrman and the Presence. Now I have over 230000 but cant level up. Do I have to fight a boss again?

You just need one insight. If you already have that you should be able to talk to the doll when you return to hunters dream.

Brakus

Banned
You just need one insight. If you already have that you should be able to talk to the doll when you return to hunters dream.

For me, I've had to beat Cleric beast every restart, on NG+++ and with 80-99 insight at the start, I was nervous with my 460000 echoes the last time, to get that damn doll activated!

Koh

For me, I've had to beat Cleric beast every restart, on NG+++ and with 80-99 insight at the start, I was nervous with my 460000 echoes the last time, to get that damn doll activated!

The first trip to the dream she isnt active. If you go twice, and have at least 1 insight, she is. No death or boss required.

shmoglish

You should be able to level up.

The first trip to the dream she isnt active. If you go twice, and have at least 1 insight, she is. No death or boss required.

Doll was lifeless for me, 80 insight in the bag. I think you have to gain 1 insight in the new game (bossfigt, madmans knowledge).

Thank you guys.

Brakus

Banned
Doll was lifeless for me, 80 insight in the bag. I think you have to gain 1 insight in the new game (bossfigt, madmans knowledge).

Thank you guys.

I would never go back until I beat Cleric Beast, so I just don't know, but I remember the very first playthrough, madmans knowledge would not unlock the doll, only cleric beast beaten did.

shmoglish

I would never go back until I beat Cleric Beast, so I just don't know, but I remember the very first playthrough, madmans knowledge would not unlock the doll, only cleric beast beaten did.

I fought the cleric beast two times and never tried the madmans knowlegde. But i found this in a guide

The bad news is, you cannot level up your character until you’ve made your way either to a boss arena or found a Madman’s Knowledge item.

The reason for this is that the Doll in Hunter’s Dream, who allows you to level up, will not appear to be alive until you have one point of Insight.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/15/bloodborne-guide-how-to-level-up/

May be wrong, I dont know.

did you even try talking to her?
or leave and come back?

Yes, talked to her. But I did not talk to Gehrmann.

Bliddo

Doing Co-op on the last boss sucks
After killing Gherman a lot of people let themselves get killed on purpose by Moon Presence to backup their save, so you don't get a single blood echo from the fight :/

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
After killing Gherman a lot of people let themselves get killed on purpose by Moon Presence to backup their save, so you don't get a single blood echo from the fight :/

Can you use a Bold Hunter's Mark?

Or it does the AoE that suppose to drop you to 1 hp but instead kills everyone

Audioboxer

Feels good to help though :p He's a lot easier with co-op aggro management.

myco666

People really do this? That is bullshit. How many insights does this even net the helper? I don't really understand why you don't get echoes from
Gehrman
if you are going for the "true" ending.

Ostinatto

I'm summoning people for amelia NG+1 at level 50, but all the cooperators are from NG, and they get oneshoted by almost anything :/

myco666

Imo it's useless because pvp in Bloodborne is pretty much non-existent. Magic was always a good pvp strategy/ build in the souls games. There is no reason to level blood or arcane in BB. It's useless.....the game isn't balanced imo. Compared to the souls games at least.

Umm have you even tried Bloodtinge build? I am using one now and Evelyn + Chikage is really good in PVP and especially in PVE. I bet even Arcane is good if you bump it up to 50. Just because something doesn't fit your build doesn't mean that they are useless.

Ikon

Wooooo! Finally beat the Defiled Chalice! I had a ton of trouble with the dog but the final boss was a cake walk in comparison, just like the first encounter against it. Going to upload both fights soon'ish. I doubt this game will be able to provide any more adrenaline rushes like this.

After beating the queen, are there any unique bosses left? Haven't entered Hinter or Isz yet.

Hypron

Those plus the
Fat Sonics
. They are so relentless they just roll hunt you down forever.

Yeah I still don't have a clue how to fight those rolling assholes. Last time I fought one he got stuck in wall and then fell down through the floor. I didn't even mind, as he was kicking my ass big time before that.

I've had a pretty eventful couple of hours on the game.

Beat Rom, Amygdala (one shot), The One Reborn (one shot), got to the lamp past the hunter in mensis, and unlocked Upper Cathedral Ward.

Oh, and fuck those
werewolves
in UCW.

Edit: Just noticed I got member status. YUS!

Late Flag

Those plus the
Fat Sonics

I've only encountered one of those guys so far, but I died to him 3-4 times before finally exploiting a pillar to stop his roll attack. It's been a long time since I've had any problems with a "regular" enemy, but that guy was absolutely wrecking me. The implication that there are more awaiting me is not welcome news.

Finally man that was tough though. Notwithstanding, Im glad they finally put a boss in the game that doestn allow you in behind easily and whose attacks can't easily be punished. Forced me to learn the attacks better and be patient.

Awesome job.
Hardest boss in the game for me in that you can't Visceral him or flank him and your window to damage him is so short and almost always requires taking damage in return which if you only have 20 HVs means risking a second attack to get your health.

Once you finally do it though it's so satisfying.
Amgydala on the other hand suuuuuccccckkkks

Those plus the
Fat Sonics

Wow haven't fought them yet. Are they past the defiled

Bliddo

People really do this? That is bullshit. How many insights does this even net the helper? I don't really understand why you don't get echoes from
Gehrman
if you are going for the "true" ending.

0 insight and 0 echo. That sucks if you use bolt paper to help out. In the end I prefer to coop on MWN instead.

Wooooo! Finally beat the Defiled Chalice! I had a ton of trouble with the dog but the final boss was a cake walk in comparison, just like the first encounter against it. Going to upload both fights soon'ish. I doubt this game will be able to provide any more adrenaline rushes like this.

After beating the queen, are there any unique bosses left? Haven't entered Hinter or Isz yet.

Yup next chalice in fact

myco666

0 insight and 0 echo. That sucks if you use bolt paper to help out. In the end I prefer to coop on MWN instead.

So it isn't worth it at all unless you manage to not use anything during the fight and even then it is barely worth it. Good to know.

Top Bottom