• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Alo0oy

Banned
Over the past week I've taken 3 builds to the mid-point of the game and bailed, now I've gone back to a skill BoM build, it'd just so fun & satisfying to use.

Bliddo

So it isn't worth it at all unless you manage to not use anything during the fight and even then it is barely worth it. Good to know.

If you manage to find someone that is trying to kill MP you get more than 100k for one of the easiest bosses though.

Finished off the Defiled Chalice Dungeon last night. That was some good stuff! I've been cruising without much trouble lately so it was fun to see the difficulty ramp back up a bit. Watchdog is easily one of the best boss fights in the game, such a blast.

So is the worst behind me on my quest for the platinum?

Finished off the Defiled Chalice Dungeon last night. That was some good stuff! I've been cruising without much trouble lately so it was fun to see the difficulty ramp back up a bit. Watchdog is easily one of the best boss fights in the game, such a blast.

Yes but what follows is not exactly a cakewalk. Shouldn't be too bad tho.

Alo0oy

Banned

Yes, the defiled chalice is the hardest part of the game (unless you decide to do depth 5 cursed/rotted/fettid, which isn't necessary for the plat).

Stat!

Should I be putting points into skill? I've only put points into strength, vitality, and endurance. I'm at the beginning of old yharnam

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Does anyone know if the difficulty still ramps up after NG++++?

Probably. Most souls games add about 5% to enemy hp and damage each cycle after NG+, so its fairly gradual but goes pretty deep capping out around ~8 cycles or so.

myco666

The first hunter is 60k, but MP is 115k (the host gets 230k). So getting an host that's already on MP is pretty sweet

Well that is decent amount of echoes. I guess I need to try to get summoned into MP lol.

Should I be putting points into skill? I've only put points into strength, vitality, and endurance. I'm at the beginning of old yharnam

Depends entirely what weapon you are using. IMO you should only put points in vit and end until you find a weapon that needs higher stats to equip or the scaling is good for certain stats.

Stat!

If you like the axe then don't bother with skill, it has poor skill scaling.

I rock the axe cause its my best weapon. Though I dont mind trying out all the weapons and stuff I get. Im new to Dark Souls/Bloodborne so its all about messing around and having fun than min maxing (mainly cause Im terrible).

Alo0oy

Banned
I rock the axe cause its my best weapon. Though I dont mind trying out all the weapons and stuff I get. Im new to Dark Souls/Bloodborne so its all about messing around and having fun than min maxing (mainly cause Im terrible).

In that case, putting points in skill isn't a bad idea, just not now, do it when you find a weapon you like with high skill requirements, just make sure not to go over the softcap for strength just yet.

Stat!

In that case, putting points in skill isn't a bad idea, just not now, do it when you find a weapon you like with high skill requirements, just make sure not to go over the softcap for strength just yet.

Softcap for strength just yet? What do you mean?

Thank you btw. Appreciate the help

Alo0oy

Banned
Softcap for strength just yet? What do you mean?

Thank you btw. Appreciate the help

Don't go over 25 in strength for now, you get diminishing returns after level 25, if you want to do a quality build that's good for every weapon, only go over 25 after hitting 25 with skill, you'll get far better gains that way, leveling up later can get very expensive.

danthefan

Had one go at the boss in Forbidden Woods, died obviously but it doesn't seem as tough as some of the previous bosses? Is there an
optimal order to take them down in? Went for the one spamming fireballs first.

Had one go at the boss in Forbidden Woods, died obviously but it doesn't seem as tough as some of the previous bosses? Is there an

In NG+ and NG++ I took them down first try by killing them in the order they distance themselves from you. (Aggressive melee guy, fire/melee guy, spell guy)

Alpende

I've read it's best to take them down to one third of health each and then finish them off quickly.

cslesce

The wolves in the Upper Cathedral Ward seem to be the best spot although they're still pretty rare there.

yeah found this info:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Stone+Chunk

Very rare drop from gargoyle enemies in Cainhurst Castle. (Gargoyles can appear in later chalice dungeons also)
Very rare drop from hellhound dogs (come in pairs along with the sword-wielding flame witch) in chalice dungeons.
Rare drop from the zombie werewolves in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village.
Rare drop from the Giant in the Lecture Building.
Rare drop from the blue eyed werewolves in the Upper Cathedral Ward.

i did try giant once and many times upper cathedral ward....will try yahargul hehe.

one more question please.

for AXE what to upgrade more, STRENGTH or SKILL?

can anyone write which weapon scalles with with upgrade best?

zoukka

Defeated the optional boss in Grand Cathedral
Kreygasm.png

Easily the hardest boss so far for me and the quest it is linked is one of the few I've managed to not fail. Now I have the coolest attire in the game available :)

Uggghhhh, I'm in Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice.
Headless Bloodletting Beast is SOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I feel like I'm battling the camera, not the boss. I had no issues wiping his ass in the other dungeon, but I can't get him here. Manage to get him to 20%, but that's about it. >(

I use Threaded Cane +10, I'm lvl 121, got 50 VIT, 50 Skill...
Is there a way to summon anyone here to help? Haven't had any luck summoning anyone in the CD before. :/

P.S. on a completely unrelated note: got my first PS4 YouTube upload! \o/ Martyr Logarius Boss Fight. Enjoy! :)

MG310

Got the platinum last night...some Pthumeru Ihyll and Great Isz thoughts.

Ebrietas seemed way easier than the normal fight, easier to dodge the lasers and bait out the headbutts in the smaller arena.

Headless Bloodletting Beast's AI seems kinda bad. For the most part he would just freeze in place once I got under him and let me 2HR2 him with the Axe for a minute or so before doing his stomp.

Yharnam was unexpected and fun - I was thinking she'd be the same size as her normal game model and it would be a Nashandra-esque fight. They probably could have amped up the difficulty by taking the statue out of the middle of the room since it blocks most of the blood spits when she summons her clones.

Wasn't too difficult to take down once I stopped being an idiot and getting caught in her baby magic and she didn't spam her Gravelord Sword Dance equivalent.

gwarm01

What reason is there to restrict yourself to a certain level? I keep seeing people say they are holding at a certain level. Does game difficulty scale up?

Kudo

What reason is there to restrict yourself to a certain level? I keep seeing people say they are holding at a certain level. Does game difficulty scale up?

PVP and Co-op only allows you to connect to other players that are 10 levels + 10% away from you, I think.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, that went well with
Shadow of Yharnam

Lured two behind the tombstone and after some jumping around they got stuck behind smaller tombstones and they couldn't get out. So I chopped them to pieces and then had some fun with the third one. Bolt paper does wonders to them

Also, where is the best place to farm
Bloodstone chunks?

Alo0oy

Banned
yeah found this info:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Stone+Chunk

Very rare drop from gargoyle enemies in Cainhurst Castle. (Gargoyles can appear in later chalice dungeons also)
Very rare drop from hellhound dogs (come in pairs along with the sword-wielding flame witch) in chalice dungeons.
Rare drop from the zombie werewolves in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village.
Rare drop from the Giant in the Lecture Building.
Rare drop from the blue eyed werewolves in the Upper Cathedral Ward.

i did try giant once and many times upper cathedral ward....will try yahargul hehe.

one more question please.

for AXE what to upgrade more, STRENGTH or SKILL?

can anyone write which weapon scalles with with upgrade best?

Make sure you're wearing the two eye runes, they increase the drop rate substantially.

As for the weapons, from my memory:

Strength: Axe, Kirkhammer, Logarius Wheel, Tonitrus.
Skill: Cane, Blade of Mercy, Rifle Spear, Reiterpallash, Burial Blade
Quality: Ludwig Blade, Saw Cleaver/Saw Spear, Beast Claw, Stake Driver.
Bloodtinge: Chikage.
Arcane: Ludwig Blade, Tonitrus, Logarius Wheel.

EDIT: I think the Cane has good Arcane scaling too, though I'm not sure.

benjammin

Beat the
wet nurse
last night, and completed all the optional areas, so I guess it's time to finish up. I'm disappointed with how easy the
wet nurse
fight was, it seems like it's fairly easy to tank the fight as getting hit once didn't do a threatening amount of damage. Maybe it's more difficult if you get caught by a whole combo. Such an incredible game though, I don't want it to end.

Kusagari

I thought I was clear after defiled and now I'm stuck with this ignoring physics Pthumerian Descendant asshole killing me.

It seems the only way to kill him are to stun him and get visceral's. Head on he slaughters me.

GolazoDan

Oh man, after taking a week or two off (MKX + work) I've come back to this game and it's got me. I'm no good at the Souls game, I never have time to properly get into them and I tend to get disheartened when I lose a lot of souls, but I'm hooked now. I was stuck on
Gascoigne
for ages but I've gone on a comparative tear since then.

Beat
the BSB, Amelia and Paarl
on the third attempts - the deaths were definitely due to me getting greedy - and I just beat the
Hemwick Witch
. Video of the
Amelia
fight here, notable only because I nearly fucked it up at 2:05! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnjGlYPFQQE

I also beat the
Shadow of Yharnam
but I must admit I summoned a randomer to help me on that because I can't stand boss fights where it's me against multiple bosses. That whole area with the snakes and dudes with exploding heads freaked me the fuck out.

Gastone

Yeeees!
I finally finished it. I was having real problems beating
Ebreitas
and had long pauses from the game due to that. Then, today, i decided to take a break from trying to knock his ass down. Went to
Nightmare of Nemsis
..really cool area.
Micolash?
Two tries, then whacked him.
Wet nurse?
Freakin one-shot!

After a boost of confidence i went back to
Ebreitas
. Two tries then down. Felt like christmas eve, presents opening time!

During the end, i
chewed down the 3 umbilical cords and faced Gherman and then Moon Presence. Had about 4-5 tries on the former and 2 on the latter

As with Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, for me, playing them is a bag of mixed emotions. They go from "why am i bothering with this difficult shit..argh" to "this is so awesome!"

I guess only the greatest of games does that to you. And Bloodborne sure as shit is.

cslesce

Quality: Ludwig Blade, Saw Cleaver/Saw Spear, Beast Claw, Stake Driver. QUALITY? what do you mean :) explain please.

EDIT: I think the Cane has good Arcane scaling too, though I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

How to approach
Gherman
I will refuse, fight him and if i win, loose to
Moon
so i don't go to NG+ yet...correct approach?

danthefan

How hard is Eileen's quest? I've spoken to her once already, since I want to get her weapon. Is fighting
Henryk
with her difficult?

The difficult bit is (imo) keeping
her alive through the fight. You need to give her a hand without hitting her, but the two of them are so damn fast it can be tricky.

Oni Jazar

After playing about at least an hour every day since release I finally got to the end credits!

Gherman was really easy for me at lvl 80 - I had heard that he was susceptible to parries and that made him a pushover.

I missed the final boss due to letting the blind guy from Lost Woods into Central Ward. Damn me for feeling sorry for a humble beggar type. I was hoping to kill him before he wasted everyone but I failed a couple of times and each time another NPC died. That in addition to me wiping out Iosefca's clinic before the pale moon means only two umbilical cords for me.

Ebrietas was the hardest boss for me. Took me quite a few tries and was so glad I was able to take her out.

I'm piddling a bit with NG+ and I still intend to go through most of the chalice dungeon stuff. Maybe I'll go for my first souls plat!

Overall amazing game. I do wish the multiplayer was a little better. I liked how DS2 had so many different avenues for multi. I would like to mess with duels but I don't know of an easy way now that I'm in a NG+

Now on to the lore!

Ikon

I thought I was clear after defiled and now I'm stuck with this ignoring physics Pthumerian Descendant asshole killing me.

It seems the only way to kill him are to stun him and get visceral's. Head on he slaughters me.
Charged up Axe attack is the way to go. Easily one shot just charging that thing and luring him around pillars.

Skii

Quality: Ludwig Blade, Saw Cleaver/Saw Spear, Beast Claw, Stake Driver. QUALITY? what do you mean :) explain please.

How to approach Gherman? I will refuse, fight him and if i win, loose to Moon so i don't go to NG+ yet...correct approach?

Spoilers...

Alo0oy

Banned

How to approach
Gherman
? I will refuse, fight him and if i win, loose to
Moon
so i don't go to NG+ yet...correct approach?

If you want the Burial Blade in NG, that is correct. make sure you use the 3
thirds
first before refusing.

Top Bottom