• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Juraash

Only Amygdala remains for defiled. The first two layers weren't terrible. The Bone Ash set definitely helped mitigate the fire damage some. At least I felt like I wasn't getting one shot save a move or two.

I feel like the rooms some of these bosses are put in are more of a challenge than the bosses themselves. Still they've been more fun than I expected them to be.

On the fence about how I'll get the ending achievements. The copy thing would be easiest, but a ng++ run with no optional bosses couldn't take that long.

Defeated the optional boss in Grand Cathedral
Kreygasm.png

Easily the hardest boss so far for me and the quest it is linked is one of the few I've managed to not fail. Now I have the coolest attire in the game available :)

Optional boss in Grand Cathedral????

I'm right at the end of the game and now I'm just going back to try and do as much of side/optional stuff as I can. I definitely love the game, even though I have conflicting thoughts on the latter half of it.

patchday

hugocésar;162567691 said:
I'm right at the end of the game and now I'm just going back to try and do as much of side/optional stuff as I can. I definitely love the game, even though I have conflicting thoughts on the latter half of it.

do share. I thought the game was consistent the whole way. It was just crazy difficult (due to not going STR build like I always usually do in Souls games).

Menome

Ive been stuck on the fight with E
brietas
for a week now. The boss itself is not the problem, I'm consistently getting her down to low health levels. It's the runs for vials/bullets/ash I have to do every 4-5 attempts. I'm only getting a couple of hours here and there to play right now, so spending half my available time grabbing items is doing my head in.

Juraash

Ive been stuck on the fight with E
brietas
for a week now. The boss itself is not the problem, I'm consistently getting her down to low health levels. It's the runs for vials/bullets/ash I have to do every 4-5 attempts. I'm only getting a couple of hours here and there to play right now, so spending half my available time grabbing items is doing my head in.

If you have it unlocked, do the lecture hall first floor. Even without runes the room with all the liquid guys gives great souls for almost no time. You can run in and aggro them and use the door as a bottleneck. Then just buy the vials and bullets after 2-3 runs. Bring bold hunters marks and you don't even need to warp back to the dream in between.

squidyj

Awesome job.
Hardest boss in the game for me in that you can't Visceral him or flank him and your window to damage him is so short and almost always requires taking damage in return which if you only have 20 HVs means risking a second attack to get your health.

Once you finally do it though it's so satisfying.
Amgydala on the other hand suuuuuccccckkkks

Wow haven't fought them yet. Are they past the defiled

I'm actually surprised people had so much trouble with him.

Menome

If you have it unlocked, do the lecture hall first floor. Even without runes the room with all the liquid guys gives great souls for almost no time. You can run in and aggro them and use the door as a bottleneck. Then just buy the vials and bullets after 2-3 runs. Bring bold hunters marks and you don't even need to warp back to the dream in between.

Aye, that's what I do. Still takes a few runs to stock up though and that time fritters away surprisingly quickly when doing so :/

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Ah, I still don't know how to beat him, lol.

He was far tougher than I imagined and three times I had him down to a silver of health before he just unloaded on me. The trick is to bait, back-off just enough, attack, back-off...repeat. However...I was able to get him to follow me all the way down to the main doors where he stay and tried to hit me while on the other side.

After beating
Rom
, I wasn't sure which area to try next, so I decided to take a look at all of my options.

First I went to the
Unseen Village
. I managed to get to the second lamp without too much trouble and picked up the
Upper Cathedral Ward key
on the way. I found the area after the second lamp pretty hard going because of those
mimic-looking
things, especially the ones with the ranged attack.

After a few attempts at that, I decided to use the
key
I picked up and headed to
Upper Cathedral Ward
. I got to the first room with the
blue-eyed
things and they absolutely battered me, so I decided to come back later.

Lecture Building/Nightmare frontier
next. I didn't really venture too far here as I just wanted to get a look of the place. I really love the look and atmosphere of the
Lecture building
because it (and the
student
enemies) remind me of Asian horror films, which are something I really, really love. Managed to deal with the two
hunters
outside without much trouble, but after that I just scouted ahead a little before returning and heading to
Cainhurst Castle.

After 5 or 6 attempts at trying to get into the
castle
itself and getting absolutely wrecked, I just noped the fuck out of there. Out of all these areas I think I'll probably do this one last. I'm not sure what the recommended level is but I'm currently at 56.

One thing I've noticed that I don't deal with very well in this game are aggressive enemies. If I come across one (or a group) of them that just chase me down and attack me relentlessly, I kind of freeze and get caught off guard, and everything I've learned about how to fight just seems to leave me.

Late Flag

I finally beat the second boss of the defiled chalice >.< I think I'll take a break from this game.

I found that boss to be much more difficult than any of the remaining chalice dungeon bosses. Not that they're pushovers or anything, but nowhere near as tough as that guy. The platinum trophy is pretty much yours at this point.

Late Flag

After 5 or 6 attempts at trying to get into the
castle
itself and getting absolutely wrecked, I just noped the fuck out of there. Out of all these areas I think I'll probably do this one last. I'm not sure what the recommended level is but I'm currently at 56.

56 is fine for that area. The cricket things in the courtyard are hard as hell, but nothing in the castle itself is particularly tough, except for the boss. Just run past the crickets and go into the castle -- no need to fight them.

I found that boss to be much more difficult than any of the remaining chalice dungeon bosses. Not that they're pushovers or anything, but nowhere near as tough as that guy. The platinum trophy is pretty much yours at this point.

I hope so, although I'll have to grind for red jellies now. I wish I hadn't sold the one I found in my first playthrough, sigh...

Phreak47

I've decided I'm going to push through NG+, because... (ending spoilers)

I tried to play spoiler free, so I missed some things on my first playthrough. I also chose the first ending so I didn't get to fight Gehrman. Some people say that's the "wrong" choice but after seeing what the post-Gherman battle ending looks like, I'm not so sure that's true! haha... Gehrman DOES fulfill his promise if you let him.

Anyway, so I know about the extra stuff now and about getting the "true" third ending so I want to go for that... and I have not yet seen spoilers on what that final battle/ending is like exactly, I just know to get the umbilical cords... so I am looking forward to getting there.

Toxi

Banned
I hope so, although I'll have to grind for red jellies now. I wish I hadn't sold the one I found in my first playthrough, sigh...
I recommend grinding them through the Great Isz Chalice Dungeon. It's the easiest Chalice Dungeon you can get Red Jelly in.

do share. I thought the game was consistent the whole way. It was just crazy difficult (due to not going STR build like I always usually do in Souls games).

Well this is my first real experience with a Souls game (although I did play the first two hours of Demon's Souls), so I don't know if the structure of these games are similar in that regard. I do really love the game (which surprised me), but I just didn't enjoy the latter half because of the increased difficulty. I spent a decent portion of my time past
Rom
just running and rolling in order to find items/shortcuts, etc. Perhaps I grew too impatient with the game when it didn't seem fair to me, or the game forces you to play differently in that second half and I didn't favor that change.

Regardless, I'm now finding so many secret areas and bosses that I feel like it's all balanced well enough and maybe I'll feel differently about the latter half in a second play-through. I'm really excited to fight the final boss when I feel like I've gotten enough out of the game (I have all the necessary items to get the supposed true ending).

dock

I just reached the Lecture building. Having lots of fun with this game.

Could anyone give me any idea of how much more of the game I have left?

bronk

Banned
Did a speedrun and finished game in 5 hours and 30 minutes. I probably could have done it faster but did a little leveling up cause bosses were killing me. Had fun with it. Got the platinum and I'm ready for this months games.

Currently at Defiled
Watchdog
. I can feel my platinum getting closer every day and I hope I manage to finish before The Witcher 3 releases.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Welp, finally hit my wall of frustration....
Watch Dog of the old Lord

Sucks. Really fucking sucks that this happened. I was petty determined to get that platinum, but it's not worth my sanity. Fuck it.

Got that motherfucker to 1/3 health too. Hell, maybe even slightly more than that.

I went through 20 knives, 20 poison knives, 10 molotovs, 10 bone shots, and a few quicksilver shots. A few good slashes at his face or feet (when he's puking lava) and I would have downed him, no question, he was mine. What happens the moment I try to take a quicksilver shot at him before I finish him off though? He leaps forward into the air (a move I had never seen after fighting him 20+ times already btw) and instant kills me..... amazing....

I want no part of it. I do't even want to co-op that shit at this point. I am absolutely through with it.

The thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is the half health thing.. what absolute garbage. This is the lazy artificial difficulty boost shit that really annoys me in games. I would have thought From was better than this. They are not. Take your chalice and shove it.

/salt

I missed my shot at getting kidnapped by a Snatcher? Can I not kill Paarl?

And holy shit, I thought i was doing a good job on chalice's there's so many that I haven't seen so far....

Sucks. Really fucking sucks that this happened. I was petty determined to get that platinum, but it's not worth my sanity. Fuck it.

Got that motherfucker to 1/3 health too. Hell, maybe even slightly more than that.

I went through 20 knives, 20 poison knives, 10 molotovs, 10 bone shots, and a few quicksilver shots. A few good slashes at his face or feet (when he's puking lava) and I would have downed him, no question, he was mine. What happens the moment I try to take a quicksilver shot at him before I finish him off though? He leaps forward into the air (a move I had never seen after fighting him 20+ times already btw) and instant kills me..... amazing....

I want no part of it. I do't even want to co-op that shit at this point. I am absolutely through with it.

The thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is the half health thing.. what absolute garbage. This is the lazy artificial difficulty boost shit that really annoys me in games. I would have thought From was better than this. They are not. Take your chalice and shove it.

/salt
Keep fighting dude, it took me upwards of 30 tries but it's worth it in the end. There comes a point where you just learn the tells and reach of all of its attacks. I recommend baiting its bites and lunges and whacking at its face until it becomes a weak spot.

Phreak47

Yeah, I have many chalices to go. I barely touched them during my first runthrough but I've finally gone deeper into them (currently at level 4 of lower pthumerian)

Late Flag

/salt

Sorry to be "that guy," but this suggests to me that you're trying everything except fighting him straight up. Try learning his attack patterns and how to dodge around them and exploit them. Even if you're going to just wait around for the lava-puke attack to bash on him, at least that will help you survive in the meantime.

I do think this is the hardest boss in the game, though.

Kysen

Chalice Rom is a joke with the pillars in the room. Goes to show that the environment you fight the bosses in makes a huge difference.

Hugging the pillars WoW style.

dock

He's my Chalice dungeon floor #3 boss, and I just killed him. In short, I was having a really bad time until I changed my armour to the
Charred Hunter Set
, and made sure that I wasn't using fire attacks.

I hate that feeling through when you're fighting something over and over and over, and I'm getting better at leaving the game alone for a few days when I feel this way.

Zocano

/salt

As the other guy said, stop trying to use ineffective sub-weapons and just fight him. Learn to bait his easy moves (biting attacks) and then punish. Repeat ad nauseam until he's dead. Be aware that he gains a longer biting combo each phase of the fight and adjust accordingly.

Audioboxer

It doesn't matter how many times I keep killing the same enemies, the visceral combat is just soo good.

I'm struggling to play any other game just now. Please From, release DLC. The only time I've ever begged for it.

Top Bottom