• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Experien

UGH!
Keeper of the Old Lords
in the Cursed Chalice...everything is fin and then one-shots out of no where!

Just don't know what to do.

Cess007

So, From. Who was the one that decided that the crows and the dogs were not scary enough,
and decided that putting the heads of the crows in the body of the dogs and viceversa, was a good idea?

Man what a experience. I finished today at about 65 hours....

It's safe to say that Bloodborne has become one of my favorite games of all time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
- Don't lose souls upon death. You respawn at bonfire/nexus and level up.
- No stamina bar. Stunlock/dodge constantly.
At first I read this post without reading the context, and thought you were saying you wanted these changes. I was ready to post a bunch of getout.gif :D

But yes that would pretty much break the game, especially the second one.

Welp, finally hit my wall of frustration....
Watch Dog of the old Lord

Sucks. Really fucking sucks that this happened. I was petty determined to get that platinum, but it's not worth my sanity. Fuck it.

Got that motherfucker to 1/3 health too. Hell, maybe even slightly more than that.

I went through 20 knives, 20 poison knives, 10 molotovs, 10 bone shots, and a few quicksilver shots.

A few good slashes at his face or feet (when he's puking lava) and I would have downed him, no question, he was mine. What happens the moment I try to take a quicksilver shot at him before I finish him off though? He leaps forward into the air (a move I had never seen after fighting him 20+ times already btw) and instant kills me..... amazing....

I want no part of it. I do't even want to co-op that shit at this point. I am absolutely through with it.

The thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is the half health thing.. what absolute garbage. This is the lazy artificial difficulty boost shit that really annoys me in games. I would have thought From was better than this. They are not. Take your chalice and shove it.

/salt
Yeah the HP penalty is kinda shitty, but... can I ask why you're throwing molotovs
on a big-ass fire dog
?? And I don't think he can even be poisoned. Seems like you were trying to cheese your way to victory and the game denied you, so you get pissy. Obviously you won't defeat a very difficult boss by trying ineffective tactics like throwing fire projectiles on a creature made of fire and throwing poison projectiles on a creature immune to poison.

Actually now I kinda feel like I'm being trolled... xD

Zocano

Yeah the HP penalty is kinda shitty, but... can I ask why you're throwing molotovs
on a big-ass fire dog
?? And I don't think he can even be poisoned. Seems like you were trying to cheese your way to victory and the game denied you, so you get pissy. Obviously you won't defeat a very difficult boss by trying ineffective tactics like throwing fire projectiles on a creature made of fire and throwing poison projectiles on a creature immune to poison.

Actually now I kinda feel like I'm being trolled... xD

Just to add to this,

that boss has 999 Rapid and Slow Poison Resistance so yah it's just straight immune to poison. No reason to try at all.

An extra note, its fire defense is 9939. That gave me a chuckle.

psychotron

So I had tried the first chalice dungeon when playing through the game for the first time. I was destroyed pretty bad. Decided to put them on the back burner. I finished NG+ and decided to try again. Holy shit do I feel over leveled, lol. I'm killing most enemies with a single hit and I'm on layer 3 having no difficulty at all.

explodet

Done! Platinum get.
Took my entire weekend, but I did it, awesome.

Kinda wish my platinum screenshot wasn't a plain black screen, but whatever.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Rom sucks.

It's weird that during what should be prime time hours, I can never get anybody to join me to help in a boss battle.

Sunday evening should be an easy time to get help. Yet, all my partners have helped at odd hours.

The thing that pisses me off the most about all of this is the half health thing.. what absolute garbage. This is the lazy artificial difficulty boost shit that really annoys me in games. I would have thought From was better than this. They are not. Take your chalice and shove it.

/salt
Stop relying on taking hits and get better at the game? Artificial difficulty = scaling late game fights? Blame yourself not the game?

Juraash

Defiled chalice is done, huzzah! The last boss was way less trouble than his friends on levels 1&2. And I'm into ng+ so I have the mats I need to just create the final chalice. Super stoked to be that much closer to plat.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is there a way I can summon someone on a friend list to assist in the Rom fight? The beckoning bell isn't fucking working right now?

Goddamn the shit pisses me off.

skynidas

Banned
The system screenshots the moment you get a trophy. Look at the trophy section on the dashboard.

that's what he's saying. he probably got the platinum when the credits were going to start rolling so it was a black screen, the same thing happened to me

explodet

that's what he's saying. he probably got the platinum when the credits were going to start rolling so it was a black screen, the same thing happened to me
This exactly, my final trophy was one where I finished the game and the credits rolled.

Should have saved the really difficult one for last, but like I said, whatever.

Late Flag

Defiled chalice is done, huzzah! The last boss was way less trouble than his friends on levels 1&2. And I'm into ng+ so I have the mats I need to just create the final chalice. Super stoked to be that much closer to plat.

Congrats, guy. Given that you've beat the defiled chalice and have access to red jellies in NG+, the last dungeon isn't too bad. The plat is yours. This is just the time to claim it. GL.

I bought a PS4 a couple of days ago so I could play BB which, luckily for me, was included with the console along side 4 other games.

It's good, much more offense-focused than Dark Souls; a lot easier to "parry" with the gun.

Otnopolit

PS4 was shorting, sent it in for repairs, came back with even worse shorting via instantly turning off.

Missing the hunt, badly. :(

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Holy hell the matchmaking is frustrating. I've wasted 5 insight ringing my goddamn bell looking for another player.

Does anyone else have this issue.

Gattsu25

Banned
Holy hell the matchmaking is frustrating. I've wasted 5 insight ringing my goddamn bell looking for another player.

Does anyone else have this issue.

Yes.

Sometimes you'll burn an insight and the game will kick you out to the main menu after matchmaking fails. Fucking infuriating.

kewlmyc

Got back into Bloodborne today after not playing for weeks and beat the Blood Starved Beast on my 2nd try, hooray! Used the rifle spear, really liking that weapon.

Juraash

Just got my Platinum, super stoked. Despite having a ps3 since it launched practically, I've never bothered to get a Plat or polish a full set of achievements on Xbox either.

That final chalice boss was pretty fun though I felt like the two before her were a bit tougher given the rooms they were in. Still I got it and went through all of NG+. Not sure if I'll keep playing or move to a different game for a while. This is fantastic game and probably tied for my favorite in the "Souls" series.

Gurrry

Finally got to
the wooded area
and holy shit am I lost. Everything looks the same. I unlocked one pretty big short cut then found another area and died, had to call it for the night.

I also
died and randomly got taken to the 3rd tombstone levels. I think it was because I was wearing the white chapel wardrobe. But not sure.

Shits crazy

Toxi

Banned
Finally got to
the wooded area
and holy shit am I lost. Everything looks the same. I unlocked one pretty big short cut then found another area and died, had to call it for the night.
You can follow the path if you feel lost, there are lights marking it.

I also
died and randomly got taken to the 3rd tombstone levels. I think it was because I was wearing the white chapel wardrobe. But not sure.
It was actually
the type of enemy that killed you; those big guys with the sacks kidnap you and bring you to the Gaol.

Woo, finally beat Father G on my second try. First time, literally had to hit him ONE more time(tiny sliver of health left), but he hit me first :(
Second time, I finished him off with a molotov.
He was way easier than I had imagined. About 3 visceral attacks and he went beast mode. Then I burned him.
I felt bad I was able to use the music box in the first fight, but forgot about it during the second one.
Also, poor woman and little girl. :(

Just got the Platinum Trophy. This is the first game I've ever platinumed, as the trophies weren't boring or tedious like most other games.

Top Bottom