• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Novocaine

High frenzy armor (ashen I think), frenzy resistance runes, and run like hell past the enemies to the lamps. There are so many shortcuts in the area, you could reach the boss areas in no time.

Also, make sure you are using a +9 weapon.

I forgot about resist runes, that could help. I've been trying to clear and explore but at this point I'm probably better off dashing through if I don't want to frustrate myself so much that I put the game down for good.

Sillution

I am completely stuck on
Blood Starved Beast

any suggestions? I ran out of items that you collected on the way trying to fight him over again.

Toxi

Banned
I am completely stuck on
Blood Starved Beast

any suggestions? I ran out of items that you collected on the way...
Dodge left and forward. Try to get behind it and you won't get hit. The pounce grab is telegraphed by the BSB crouching still facing towards you, so that's your cue to get out of the way. Make sure to bring antidotes for the final phase.

Sillution

Dodge left and forward. Try to get behind it. The pounce grab is telegraphed by the BSB crouching still facing towards you, so that's your cue to get out of the way. Make sure to bring antidotes for the final phase.

getting to the final phase isnt to bad but once im there it just kills me so fast with its constant attack thing and poison

Toxi

Banned
getting to the final phase isnt to bad but once im there it just kills me so fast with its constant attack thing and poison
Again, dodge left and forward. Get behind it and try to stay behind it while attacking; none of the boss's attacks will hit directly behind it. Fire Paper helps, so if you have any save it for the last part.

Cess007

Those Big Brains in
Nightmare of Mensis
sure are damn annoying. Frenzy killed me like 10 times before i could reach the Blood Rock.

squidyj

queen yharnam down, gotta grab all the weapons and get one ending to platinum.

For chalice dungeons, how do I become eligible for things? do I have to perform the ritual with each offering in order to be able to search for dungeons with those offerings?

I-hate-u

I forgot about resist runes, that could help. I've been trying to clear and explore but at this point I'm probably better off dashing through if I don't want to frustrate myself so much that I put the game down for good.

Runes help a lot. It doubles the frenzy meter.

My PS4 arrived earlier and I'm thinking about picking this game up. Is there enough content to justify the full price?

There's tons of content that make it well worth the price, you'll get through it quicker though if you've played a lot of souls games.

Kudo

Those Big Brains in
Nightmare of Mensis
sure are damn annoying. Frenzy killed me like 10 times before i could reach the Blood Rock.

If only the frenzy meter would stop increasing when their health hits zero, but no, you have to endure it until their death animation stops. I find it impossible to kill them without getting hit by frenzy at least once.

If only the frenzy meter would stop increasing when their health hits zero, but no, you have to endure it until their death animation stops. I find it impossible to kill them without getting hit by frenzy at least once.

The way Frenzy works is why I consider Sedatives one of the most important non-Vial consumables in the game.

zma1013

When looking at a chalice dungeon gravestone, what does the little messenger people symbol on the right mean? Sometimes there's one, sometimes there are several.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Those Big Brains in
Nightmare of Mensis
You
dropped the giant brain thing, right
? I don't have a problem with these guys anymore, I spam r2 to stagger them (any staggering attack will work) until they die, then I pop a sedative (make sure your frenzy res is high). If I'm too slow then just heal the damage with two vials.

Back home for a week and trying to get as much Bloodborne in as I can between assessment. Just got the Empty Phantasm Shell and suddenly feel like putting some points into Arcane could be pretty awesome. This is the only item I have seen that uses Arcane that I might be interested in commonly using and need to know if it is worth investing to use it?

Cyborg

So I started my NG+ (help others and do co-op) I have two questions:

- Ive noticed that when you spend a lot of insight (like 4 of 5) at the same time to buy stuff some kind of meter if filling up. What is this?

- Ive did co-op (help others) and did 2 co-op sessions on Cleric Beast. The thirhd co-op was fcking strange. I became purple, with a specific message ''Something he is Vileblood and you are here to advice (something like that). So I couldnt kill the enemies, after I found the host he started to attack me. I showed him respect but the basterd started attacking me. I punished him by killing his ass!

What is this freaky shit?

Menome

Finally beat E
brietas
with the power of Status Quo (Plus going "Fuck it" and just shooting the damn thing to death with Evelyn and 50 Bloodtinge).

If I'm correct, this and ML are the two hardest bosses in the game, so the rest should be somewhat smooth sailing?

myco666

So I started my NG+ (help others and do co-op) I have two questions:

- Ive noticed that when you spend a lot of insight (like 4 of 5) at the same time to buy stuff some kind of meter if filling up. What is this?

- Ive did co-op (help others) and did 2 co-op sessions on Cleric Beast. The thirhd co-op was fcking strange. I became purple, with a specific message ''Something he is Vileblood and you are here to advice (something like that). So I couldnt kill the enemies, after I found the host he started to attack me. I showed him respect but the basterd started attacking me. I punished him by killing his ass!

What is this freaky shit?

If you are in rival covenants
Executioners
and
Vilebloods
you will be fighting against each other and not helping. These two covenants hate each other and are enemies. So if you want to do coop take your covenant rune off unless you want occasional PVP while trying to do coop.

Finished the game in about 38 hours!

But i missed out on Ebrietas, Martyr Logarius and Moon Presense! :E

i'm thinking of speedrunning to get to these bosses on NG+ :D

But i'm wondering if NG+ will totally kick my ass compared to Normal Game. I have a Lvl.10 Tonitrus and Lvl.8 Holy Blade, but do i need to grind out character levels or find better gems to be able to beat these NG+ versions of bosses? If i remember correctly my character is lvl. 80.

I didn't have much trouble beating the
Wet Nurse or Gehrman
if that's any reference of my mad skillz in the game :D

Dragner

Finally finished the game I will now NG + because I couldnt get the secret ending because I fucked up
Killed Iosefka before Killing rom and didnt try to make sidequest until the end, and the whore wasnt available then

Overall pretty satisfied with the game, fantastic game, my GOTY so far.

The bosses difficulty was non balanced though...this is my ranking.

F* this sheit *throws the controller* (Hard bosses)

Martyr Logarius
Father Gascoine
Blood Starved Beast

From Software love us all (average From difficulty)

Cleric Beast
Vicar Amelia
Shadow of yharnam
Ghernam
Ebrietas
The One Reborn
Darkbeast Paarl

Mainstream Game (bellow expectation)

Amygdala
Mergo Wet Nurse
Rom

Is this even a boss? (joke difficulty)

Witch
Celestial Emissary
Micolash

I just paid $45 for the Future Press guide on Amazon, which includes shipping to me here in Taipei. I figured it could be an "investment" to help me get the most out of the game (I sort of suck at it and haven't gotten very far; only passed the witch and need to fight Amelia and BSB).

Tell me it's worth it, BB GAF.

Lach

Damn I got completly wrecked by
Martyr Logarius
yesterday.
No chance when trying him alone.
Better chance when having a coop partner, though I hardly was able to summon any (lvl 54 might be a bit too low). Once we almost had him but I was stupid and rolled of the roof.
I thought I'll let myself being summoned to train and actually successed 2-3 times. But in my world he's still waiting.

Probably continue elsewhere first.

Dragner

Martyr Logarius
yesterday.
Better chance when having a coop partner, though I hardly was able to summon any (lvl 54 might be a bit too low). Once we almost had him but I was stupid and rolled of the roof.
I thought I'll let myself being summoned to train and actually successed 2-3 times. But in my world he's still waiting.

Yeah 53 might be a bit low...I struggled a lot with him and was 80. But Im not the best Souls player also...

Zocano

Martyr Logarius
yesterday.

Your soul level is fine.

pro-tip: parryparryparryparryparryparry

danthefan

Must have taken me 15 tries or so but finally got those asshat
Shadows of Yharnam

I was getting the
order wrong. By leaving the caster to last you can just pound her to death without taking any damage or letting her summon the huge snakes.

Feels good man.

Martyr Logarius
yesterday.

Your level is fine even without summons. Just keep practicing. Unbreakable will is effective.

Ferr986

Community?

b5e548ecce514d77ac5bb5af747192b197e905f059b9287e8a842aa1fcb94ae6.jpg

Chorazin

Martyr Logarius
yesterday.

Shoot him!!! Anytime he's going to do a physical attack pop a cap. I beat him my second try this way.

Got Defiled Watchdog down to about half. I'm getting there.

Fucking asshole.
Finally took him out a few days ago. One of the toughest fights in the game for sure but also one of the most fun, I loved it.

Once I got him down to about 1/3 health I just went to town with some Bone Marrow Ash and my Evelyn +9. Bloodtinge builds sure are nice sometimes. :)

Must have taken me 15 tries or so but finally got those asshat
Shadows of Yharnam

I was getting the
order wrong. By leaving the caster to last you can just pound her to death without taking any damage or letting her summon the huge snakes.

Feels good man.

Did I just get lucky because
the caster didn't summon a single snake the entire battle and I'm pretty sure I took them out last as well.

Experien

I just paid $45 for the Future Press guide on Amazon, which includes shipping to me here in Taipei. I figured it could be an "investment" to help me get the most out of the game (I sort of suck at it and haven't gotten very far; only passed the witch and need to fight Amelia and BSB).

Tell me it's worth it, BB GAF.

Honesty or what you want to hear? :p

All depends on what you want. Do you want depth of strategy and know about using items and fighting bosses and level layouts? You are good to go! Want lore, background story, pictures besides ones from the game, or story information? You won't find it in this book.

Top Bottom