• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Putty

I said i wouldn't but i did, i had a wee blast on NG+, wasn't too bad at all. Took Cleric Beast down and almost had FG, but alas my early BB nemesis still proved to be a pain where the sun don't shine.

That really is it now though. Fantastic game, no two ways about it!

danthefan

Did I just get lucky because
the caster didn't summon a single snake the entire battle and I'm pretty sure I took them out last as well.

It seems to me that they
only summon snakes when two of them are dead, so you probably just prevented the caster summoning when she was the only one left.

Must have taken me 15 tries or so but finally got those asshat
Shadows of Yharnam

I was getting the
order wrong. By leaving the caster to last you can just pound her to death without taking any damage or letting her summon the huge snakes.

Feels good man.

It seems to me that they
only summon snakes when two of them are dead, so you probably just prevented the caster summoning when she was the only one left.

Oh yeah, that would make sense.

myco666

So NG+ doesn't affect the Chalice difficulty, but does it alter the exp received per enemy?

Nope. Early dungeons give you very few echoes to the point that you will probably be able to buy only few vials. Later dungeons give over 100k in no time though.

Well if you've already beaten Watchdog you should have all the patience in the world. The tough part is over.

The last part of Amy needs way more patience than Watchdog IMO.

ryuken-d

FROM can reeeeaaaaaallyyyy go fuck themselves with this mat farming bullshit.
30 mins farming, with eyes rune, only 1 tomb mould 5. I still need 9. Fuck this.

Make sure to go online and use glyph codes after you unlock a dungeon so you can save your materials. and you can buy a lot of the mats after a certain point in the main game.

I never had to farm for mats..... echos and chunks now that's another thing.

edit: just to clarify, I wanted to farm for echos and chunks. I didn't have to. best game ever.

Well maybe then not but there is high probablity to miss the head. Staying behind her is much more reliable and she won't most likely hit you. Also Bone Marrow Ash is stupidly expensive.
If you know the moves it's pretty easy to time your shots so that they hit. I am a little biased as a Bloodtinge guy, though. You're right about it being expensive but I tend to use excess echoes on BMA to keep a decent supply.

I'm sure staying behind her is a solid strategy as well but it takes more patience. Plenty of ways to get the job done with all of the bosses!

Cudder

How do you know when you finish a chalice dungeon? I just did the very first pthumeru one, got to layer 3, beat a dog boss, and can't find a way to a layer 4. Am I done? How do I move on?

ryuken-d

How do you know when you finish a chalice dungeon? I just did the very first pthumeru one, got to layer 3, beat a dog boss, and can't find a way to a layer 4. Am I done? How do I move on?

check out one of those guides. I got all turned around too. if you cant go down anymore (layers) your done with that dungeon. use another chalice to make another dungeon for a deeper depth level.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
We had a good night yesterday...and it was all by accident. A friend asked if I could help her with the Dark Beast Paarl...which I beat solo and said sure. We hooked up at the lamp, went to the location and it wouldn't let her through (????). So I said, "let's just go to The Reborn Boss".... which I lost two twice earlier but soooooo close.

So off we went and got a plan of attack...basically staying on opposite sides with both of us just doing a "Hit & Run". Once she accidently slipped off right in the middle of him and screamed....which she ended up laughing at later. I had about 1/5th of health remaining when I hit him with the final blow. In the end after we won she said her hands were sweaty, shaking and just almost exhausted....

And then we did my run....which turned out to be the easiest we've seen yet. She didn't take a single swing and used two Blood Vials. I never saw my health drop below 70% and used probably (5) Blood Vials total. She stayed at the top where you come in just moving back-and-forth keeping his attention in one corner the whole time. I stayed on the opposite side in a stairwell. She tell me when he had his back turn, I'd run out, smack his legs 3-4 times (Ludwig w/Fire) and run back to the stairwell. Wait about 15-20 seconds after he threw a fit, she tell me it's clear and I'd go back and whack away again.

So two boss kills with no deaths and not only got echoes from her, mine fight but retrieved the ones I lost solo which I ended up with 116K....not a bad night indeed.

CBTech

I've almost completed all of the Chalice Dungeons. I'm on Layer 3 of Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice. Once I'm through with this I can finally fight the final boss of the game. I'll probably back up the save to see all three endings as well. I think that will get me all of the achievements as well.

I missed a few things during my first play through. I never found the girl to get the music box. Eileen died when fighting Henryk so I was unable to complete her quest line. I killed Iosefka before killing Rom. Don't think I missed anything else.

myco666

If you know the moves it's pretty easy to time your shots so that they hit. I am a little biased as a Bloodtinge guy, though. You're right about it being expensive but I tend to use excess echoes on BMA to keep a decent supply.

I'm sure staying behind her is a solid strategy as well but it takes more patience. Plenty of ways to get the job done with all of the bosses!

I am going through a Bloodtinge build atm and managed to miss one or two BMA loaded shots against the regular Amy. Super effective when managed to hit though.

gunbo13

Had some good runs the past few days.

1. Farmed enough blood chunks to have Burial Blade upgraded from the start of NG+ and to finish up to other +9s (thank the heavens that is over).
  2. Got two blood rocks from root dungeons (offline). I have one more out there if needed.
  3. Got best ending. The end bosses were too easy though since I was way too beefed up from chalice dungeons.
So now I'm on NG+. Which is pretty damn easy. This time around though I triggered Bloodletting in the Forbidden Woods. He is chalice dungeon strength in NG+ and really annoying. Falling off the roof due to the small arena was frustrating. Then I found you can cheese him in the doorway. His loss, not worth my time considering I beat him a bunch of times already. On a bad note, I killed Pearl right away due to habit, didn't trigger the lamp, and now I have to wait on Hypogean Gaol. Oh well.

Burial Blade is amazing. For cane fans, it is my favorite weapon to move to. You get to experience the two hand system (with its OP R2 charge) and it fights close to the cane whip. Maybe I'll try another weapon, who knows. But I gave this one +10 after finding how much fun it is. Ludwig's is a snore in comparison. Not sure what other weapons I want to try, firearms included...

ryuken-d

Had some good runs the past few days.

1. Farmed enough blood chunks to have Burial Blade upgraded from the start of NG+ and to finish up to other +9s (thank the heavens that is over).
  2. Got two blood rocks from root dungeons (offline). I have one more out there if needed.
  3. Got best ending. The end bosses were too easy though since I was way too beefed up from chalice dungeons.
So now I'm on NG+. Which is pretty damn easy. This time around though I triggered Bloodletting in the Forbidden Woods. He is chalice dungeon strength in NG+ and really annoying. Falling off the roof due to the small arena was frustrating. Then I found you can cheese him in the doorway. His loss, not worth my time considering I beat him a bunch of times already. On a bad note, I killed Pearl right away due to habit, didn't trigger the lamp, and now I have to wait on Hypogean Gaol. Oh well.

Burial Blade is amazing. For cane fans, it is my favorite weapon to move to. You get to experience the two hand system (with its OP R2 charge) and it fights close to the cane whip. Maybe I'll try another weapon, who knows. But I gave this one +10 after finding how much fun it is. Ludwig's is a snore in comparison. Not sure what other weapons I want to try, firearms included...

I had the same problem when I moved to NG+, I should have done it sooner but I wanted those chunks. I'm digging the Chikage. I agree about Ludwig, even though it carried me through damn near the whole game. now I need to get through to more chunks to get my burial blade past lvl6.

I'm actually really glad I didn't do any chalice dungeons on my first two playthroughs. I feel like it really screws up the balance of the game when you bring in that many more blood echoes. Fighting the final boss at level 100+ just seems kind of silly to me.

myco666

I'm actually really glad I didn't do any chalice dungeons on my first two playthroughs. I feel like it really screws up the balance of the game when you bring in that many more blood echoes. Fighting the final boss at level 100+ just seems kind of silly to me.

You mean my 140 level guy with LHB +10 that has three 20%+ phys damage gems are too much for the final boss? Yeah it was really stupid. Going to try with reasonable levels next time.

Mogwai

If you help out a few people in coop you'll end up at level 100 anyway. But you are right, the later chalices give a ridiculous amount of echoes.

You mean my 140 level guy with LHB +10 that has three 20%+ phys damage gems are too much for the final boss? Yeah it was really stupid. Going to try with reasonable levels next time.
Poor
Gehrman
never stood a chance!

It's kind of a weird issue with the game, I'm not sure how they could have balanced it better. It's one of those things you run into with a ton of optional content, I suppose.

ctfg23

In NG+ are blood stone chunks available throughout the entire game? I think I'm pretty close to the end of my NG and want to know if I need to farm any.

well thats rigged, i didnt know you go straight into NG+
after a week of not playing i finally beat the last master B^)

final trophy count- 28% :p

first souls type game i beat, felt pretty proud :D , not going for platinum but i checked youtube and i guess i beat every boss aside from the dungeon ones after the first one

Cudder

You can get all of the missable trophies in NG+ right? I'm right before the final boss and and holding off because I thought I might as well try and go back to get the missable trophies. Is there a point to doing that or should I just finish the game?

Ah damnit.
I shouldn't have done NG+ yet.
I didn't have any Living String.
I know that feel. I never even knew Living String was a thing until I started looking into the platinum requirements.

What are the best tips on defeating
The One Reborn
?
Thanks.
Run past him and you will see two entryways leading to staircases (one on the right, one on the left). Go up the stairs and kill all six of the bell ringers so they don't bother you during the fight. After that you just want to stay close and underneath TOR. I have had more success hitting him from the front and back (whichever is raised up) than the sides where he will constantly swipe at you with his feet.
Hope that helps!

CBTech

The One Reborn
?
Thanks.

First go upstairs and kill all of the magic users. I then went below, sprinted behind him, attacked a few times until he switches sides, backed off, then sprinted to behind him again. I managed to beat him in one try, so I didn't really learn his pattern, but that worked for me. I think I've also heard baiting him to the stairs then doing a drop attack works, but I'm not sure about that strategy.

Cess007

How many Covenants are in the game? So far i've just found one:
the Vilebloods
, but i'm not sure which is the best one to join

cormack12

Gold Member
Hey, am I still on course for friendly Djura? I killed the (boss spoiler)
BSB
and got killed to awake in Hypogeon Gaol. Kind of a bit lost. I also picked something up called 'Moon' and a rune trophy popped, but it's not in my inventory?? Not seen any info about runes etc.

Kind of don't know what I should be doing next though?

danthefan

Hey, am I still on course for friendly Djura? I killed the (boss spoiler) [/spoiler]BSB[/spoiler] and got killed to awake in Hypogeon Gaol. Kind of a bit lost. I also picked something up called 'Moon' and a rune trophy popped, but it's not in my inventory?? Not seen any info about runes etc.

If you just killed BSB then do the Cathedral District next.

Not sure about Djura, I killed him.

How many Covenants are in the game? So far i've just found one:
the Vilebloods
, but i'm not sure which is the best one to join
There are
three
. Joining and leaving is as simple as equipping and unequipping the respective Rune so there's no harm in joining for now.

Hey, am I still on course for friendly Djura? I killed the (boss spoiler) [/spoiler]BSB[/spoiler] and got killed to awake in Hypogeon Gaol. Kind of a bit lost. I also picked something up called 'Moon' and a rune trophy popped, but it's not in my inventory?? Not seen any info about runes etc.

How to be friendly with djura:
In the gaol there is an optional boss, get there and fight It just once, you dont have to kill it (i heard that just going to that particular area was enough) now go back to djura and talk to him

The rune you picked can be equipped in the dream once you get a specific hunter tool in another optional boss area

Logarious
finally down thank to a co operator, hated that fight but the guy who helped me was awesome, a great bit of co-op work!

Minamu

Nope. Early dungeons give you very few echoes to the point that you will probably be able to buy only few vials. Later dungeons give over 100k in no time though.
Okay good :)

NG+ and the Chalice dungeons are not linked in any way. But yes, NG+ increase the echoes you gain per enemy.
I assume you mean outside of chalices then, that's to be expected :)

Just reached the layer 3 Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth, things are getting rather tough now, that Chime Maiden is annoying xD

sam777

First go upstairs and kill all of the magic users. I then went below, sprinted behind him, attacked a few times until he switches sides, backed off, then sprinted to behind him again. I managed to beat him in one try, so I didn't really learn his pattern, but that worked for me. I think I've also heard baiting him to the stairs then doing a drop attack works, but I'm not sure about that strategy.

Kill the witches (stairs at the end of the arena) and just keep attacking him until he dies.

One video I saw had him down in about 30 seconds after the witches were dead.
Run past him and you will see two entryways leading to staircases (one on the right, one on the left). Go up the stairs and kill all six of the bell ringers so they don't bother you during the fight. After that you just want to stay close and underneath TOR. I have had more success hitting him from the front and back (whichever is raised up) than the sides where he will constantly swipe at you with his feet.
Hope that helps!

Thanks. Defeated him.

taybul

The One Reborn
?
Thanks.

lol my tip is
ignore the casters and stick to his rear. His rear will be whatever end is on the ground. He will switch sides throughout the fight so you'll have to move a bit. The fireballs the casters toss won't do too much to you.

myco666

Poor
Gehrman
never stood a chance!

It's kind of a weird issue with the game, I'm not sure how they could have balanced it better. It's one of those things you run into with a ton of optional content, I suppose.

I had vitality at 50 so there wasn't really any chance of even dying in that fight and MP was even easier. Only way to balance it would have been locking later dungeons to NG+ and beyond but that would be really bad.

I found that to be the easier part. One the arms are gone, you can hang out near the feet pretty safely.

Well the problem is the low damage output and being tempted to faster the progress by attacking other parts.

Toxi

Banned
So is there only 3 layers to the chalice dungeon you get from BSB?
Yep. Most Chalice Dungeons are 3 levels, though there's at least one exception. Defeating the final boss of most chalices will unlock the next chalice (so defeating the hot dog in the Pthumeru Chalice gives you the next chalice, the Central Pthumeru Chalice).

Top Bottom