• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Story and Lore Discussion Thread [Unmarked Spoilers]

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, not a fan of that, to be quite honest. I think the actual moon being something the Great Ones use to amplify their power/influence is a lot more interesting than it just being something that looks like the moon.

Facts aren't always interesting, though, so if there's enough evidence to prove him right, nothing I can do.

So the moon comes close enough to the "earth" to show in front of the clouds?

I think it's more likely that this paleblood moon is a lens of sorts ... magnifying or modifying the actual moon's power at a peak point in the night of the hunt. Maybe that's the main way for Great Ones to fully travel to our plane of existence?

There are no facts here and it doesn't sound like there ever will be. That's the beauty of Lovecraft/"Cosmic Horror"

I think it's more likely that this paleblood moon is a lens of sorts ... magnifying or modifying the actual moon's power at a peak point in the night of the hunt. Maybe that's the main way for Great Ones to fully travel to our plane of existence?
I think it's more just the moon that's encouraging the transformation into beasts even from the start and it just happened to be revealed as visible when Rom's curtain was dispelled.

---

Anyway, this red moon stuff got me thinking of a theory... Would a possible connection between One Reborn and Moon Presence is that they both seem like similar creatures, and the former is an undead abomination between the two due to the summoning ritual? Plus both are represented by the red moon. I think the main reason I am saying this is because it was pointed out that the Moon Presence bleeds red, and the One Reborn does also, IIRC.

I do feel like even if it's not the Moon Presence, it seems possible that a great one's body is used as a basis and the skeletons are cobbled onto it (because animated skeletons seem to be a thing in Yar'ghul).

It also occurs to me now to wonder... could it be possible for Moon Presence actually be trapped in the dream with no physical living body just like Gherman or Micholash? It's interesting to imagine that a great one follows the same rules as their lesser human counterparts when it comes to death and dreams.

Toxi

Banned
I do feel like even if it's not the Moon Presence, it seems possible that a great one's body is used as a basis and the skeletons are cobbled onto it (because animated skeletons seem to be a thing in Yar'ghul).
For what it's worth, the corpse piles like the One Reborn resembles the statues close to the first lamp in Yarharharghul, albeit less elegant. Maybe those are images of the Great One they wanted to create.

I'd say the One Reborn was a failed attempt at creating or communing with a Great One through non-blood/non-insight means but the fact that Bell Maidens summon it (even if it is in Yahar'gul and seemingly in response to stop you from approaching Micolash) is still weird to me. I guess since Bell Maidens only really show up in the Nightmares they may be doing it to prevent you from accessing the Nightmare and may be unrelated to the Church, just sorta with the same unintentional goal.

I'm hoping it "coming out of the moon" wasn't only a neat visual effect because with the importance the moon has it seems a little flippant to use it in the introduction of the creature.

Honestly, best bet is what a bunch of people have said that it's a failed attempt at granting either Mergo or MP a physical body.

Gbraga

EDIT: Actually I think the real reason I am not interested in lore guides is because I think I want to observe the game without outside observations affecting my thinking too much. Kind of a precautionary measure, I suppose.

I think it is some kind of blood (assuming blood is involved) ritual. I noticed a lot of beings that come from Yar'ghul are into summoning and ritual practices to cast spells like that. Same thing with the Witches of Hemwick (which share an enemy type with the hags that want to gouge your eyes in Yar'ghul).

And they drop pebbles! People forget that when talking about pebbles being eyes, and only say how the shape reminds them of eyes.

Nothing to do with your post, just taking the chance to mention that, I forgot to say this the last time people were talking about how pebbles look like eyes.

I always thought The One Reborn was just a failed attempt at creating a Great One by the Mensis Cult using the bodies/minds of all the dead Mensis cult members with the cages ("Reborn" indicating it was the rebirth of all of the dead cult members). Maybe it was meant to be modeled after the Moon Presence, as that was one of the Great Ones that humanity had actually contacted in the past?

I could be wrong, but that was my interpretation.

What about "The One", then? :C

Doesn't make sense to call all of Yahar'gul "The One".

Yeah, rampant speculation time.

I don't believe The One Reborn is all of Yahar'gul. I think, to expand upon what I wrote above, that the Reborn part is also pretty important. They're either trying to bring back something that died or they're trying to "birth" something again which in both cases I believe points to Mergo. Mergo was already born once, by Yharnam, but for whatever reason (it died, um...other...possibilities) it does not have a physical body and is tied to the Nightmare of Mensis. The Bellmaidens lashed corpses together to try and give him a physical body, either to be Reborn out of death or be Reborn into the real world again. I don't know if I believe that the citizens of Yahar'gul got wiped out and summoned into it because it seems to not match up time wise; I think they died due to Mensis' interference (contacting Mergo or Kos or whoever did it) and that the Bellmaidens and Corpse Buddies like the coffins and stitched together werewolves came later after you beat Rom. I think Rom was holding something back and when she died it allowed the Bell Maidens to animate all the corpses of the dead Yahar'gul citizens and take the city from the Snatchers and finish whatever ritual they needed to bring about the One Reborn.

Past that, Bell Maidens are all about bringing in players from other games and creatures back to life so maybe the One Reborn is a culmination of trying to bring something huge from another reality and them fucking it up?

I think in this instance the Bell Maidens despite being Pthumerian have direct opposite goals from their Queen as she wants you to kill Mergo and they're trying to bring it back.

A lot of that is just heavy speculation though. Sorta word vomit as I laid in bed this morning and thought about it.

Derpot

Maybe somebody already said it but... perhaps the people who were praying in Yahar'gul before the red moon (you know, the creepy chants and stuff) became The One Reborn?

Gbraga

Maybe somebody already said it but... perhaps the people who were praying in Yahar'gul before the red moon (you know, the creepy chants and stuff) became The One Reborn?

Holy fucking shit.

The music stops when you get there after the red moon appears, doesn't it?

Motherfucker.

hgggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Miyazakiiiiiiiii

Derpot

Holy fucking shit.

The music stops when you get there after the red moon appears, doesn't it?

Motherfucker.

hgggnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Miyazakiiiiiiiii

Well, at first, I thought the praying people were the strange petrified corpses that can be seen in Yahar'gul during the red moon.
Because when you are in Yahar'gul before the red moon, there is a door that cannot be open. And I think the reason is because the people are still doing the ritual beyond that door.
And when the moon is red, the door is open and behind we can see the petrified corpses. But they seem to try to escape something and have some kind of a scared look.
Perhaps they were sacrificed to create The One Reborn. Or maybe they were like that many years ago.

Since I frequent this thread more than the OT, figured I'd post that TeeFury's shirt of the day is a sick-ass Bloodborne Tee.

http://www.teefury.com/

This is stylish! I should order some Bloodborne goodies, I need that shit.

So, after beating the nightmare, I went to Cathedral Ward, before the stairs leading from the graveyard to Cathedral Ward (the sewer like place), I found Ariana crying with some kind of beast baby at her feet.
WTF happened ?

Derpot

So, after beating the nightmare, I went to Cathedral Ward, before the stairs leading from the graveyard to Cathedral Ward (the sewer like place), I found Ariana crying with some kind of beast baby at her feet.
WTF happened ?

The Great Ones happened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WTF happened ?

Oedon's game is strong.

But seriously, a Great One (95% certain it's Oedon) impregnated her.

Cess007

WTF happened ?

The most sad thing is that she starts crying, then laughing, and then crying and laughing at the same time (probably going insane) D:

Gbraga

Since I frequent this thread more than the OT, figured I'd post that TeeFury's shirt of the day is a sick-ass Bloodborne Tee.

http://www.teefury.com/

Also I completely missed that chanting when I played Yahar'gul. Kinda throws my theory outta wack.

That's so awesome.

I never got my two Dark Souls shirts from redbubble I bought more than a year ago, though, Brazil's customs are shit, so yeah. Unless I can find something cool in my country, I'm not getting any Bloodborne shirts >_<

Would it be easier coming from a person than a business? I could get them here then send them to you.

I think something that amuses me/I find entertaining is how Ariannas birthing is handled. Like, the whole game is based around trying to kill a new baby Great One, in a town where everyone was trying to get in touch with or Great Ones. And without any cut scene in a dank church basement with no fanfare or sense of importance is something SUPER DAMN IMPORTANT. Like, she birthed a Great One in the middle of all this shit happening involving stopping exactly what just happened to her by a being everyone's trying to contact. And Oedon just ignored them and snuck in the back door and got that shit done.

That amuses me so much.

Edit: And after finishing that thought I realized how easy it is to kill a baby Great One like Arianna's and thought that...maybe Mergo was put in Nightmare of Mensis to protect it since it could be hunted down and killed easily in real life and the Wet Nurse was sent there by the parent Great One to protect it?

Foodstamp

Neo Member
I generally just prefer to lurk, but I've been pretty twisted up in the lore of bloodborne and sort of just spit out my thoughts on reddit about the Moon Presence and some of the game overall.

Forgive me for just linking to it, but it would be a lot to type out again, but this thread popped up in my mind after the fact, but it's been a place where I've learned a lot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/35f1mt/spoilers_observations_of_the_true_final_boss_and/
It generally pertains to my thoughts on the Great Ones and their relationship with the tainted blood of humankind and how those two interact and what the deal is with the Moon Presence in my mind.

But generally I think that the influence of the Great Ones is mostly constructed by the church and man. And that aside from a point early in the timeline when the Great Ones came to earth seeking surrogates because they are not fertile in a traditional way, it resulted in the mixing of blood and was primarily a disaster, for we are all beasts. And they left. We are inconsequential to them. Just one of the stops on their laps of the cosmos trying to make more Great Ones. Everything we experience in Bloodborne is mostly everything left in the wake of that one encounter.

Edzi

I generally just prefer to lurk, but I've been pretty twisted up in the lore of bloodborne and sort of just spit out my thoughts on reddit about the Moon Presence and some of the game overall.

Forgive me for just linking to it, but it would be a lot to type out again, but this thread popped up in my mind after the fact, but it's been a place where I've learned a lot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/35f1mt/spoilers_observations_of_the_true_final_boss_and/
It generally pertains to my thoughts on the Great Ones and their relationship with the tainted blood of humankind and how those two interact and what the deal is with the Moon Presence in my mind.

But generally I think that the influence of the Great Ones is mostly constructed by the church and man. And that aside from a point early in the timeline when the Great Ones came to earth seeking surrogates because they are not fertile in a traditional way, it resulted in the mixing of blood and was primarily a disaster, for we are all beasts. And they left. We are inconsequential to them. Just one of the stops on their laps of the cosmos trying to make more Great Ones. Everything we experience in Bloodborne is mostly everything left in the wake of that one encounter.

I read through your main points quickly so I may be off, but from what I can tell most of your ideas don't really seem to be supported by the game at all. Seems like conjecture with little basis in the in-game lore.

Yeah. I mean, there are a lot of Great Ones right there in the game. Like...walking around and shooting lasers at you and shit. I think they're pretty involved still

Foodstamp

Neo Member
Yeah. I mean, there are a lot of Great Ones right there in the game. Like...walking around and shooting lasers at you and shit. I think they're pretty involved still

Well, we have kin. And we have what could be great ones or what the people of Yharnam think are Great Ones. The way I look at it, most of the information we receive in the game is viewed through the church's lens which is based off of what the pthumerians believed. Whereas even they were corrupted and began to distance themselves from the ones they originally protected in the first encounter with the Great Ones.

To me it ties back into this idea of cosmic horror. The great ones and how they function are barely tangible. Just offering the flesh to the corpse of rom in the alter changes time. The Great Ones are sort of beyond all this nonsense. Nothing is going to come to the call of an infant cry. And the more man toils and tries understand it the more they just make a mess of things.

To me Ebrietas is possibly the only pure Great One, along with the one in the third ending. Although with the current information out there even Ebrietas could just be kin left behind from that first event that had the original Pthumerians basically finding a religion. One of the first offspring, and it's just sort of the closest thing.

Ushiwaka

Regarding the baby/pregnancy theme in the game... How many pregnant women are in the game? Arianna, Fake Iosefka (probably) and there is one more. In the same neighborhood that you meet Arianna, there is a woman which some point in the game shouts "My baby! my precious baby!" so I think she was pregnant too and her child, like Arianna's turned into a monster.

Another thing that boggles my mind is that, do these woman get pregnant and give birth over 1 night? I never met Arianna in my playthrough, but did she have a big belly? Why only these woman are pregnant? why not any other woman in Yharnam?

Zocano

Another thing that boggles my mind is that, do these woman get pregnant and give birth over 1 night? I never met Arianna in my playthrough, but did she have a big belly? Why only these woman are pregnant? why not any other woman in Yharnam?

It seems they do have a very short gestation period, yah.

As far as why Arianna? I think the game actually is almost explicit in this regard.

From Arianna's Third Umbilical Cord.
"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate, and Oedon, the formless Great One, is no different. To think, it was corrupted blood that began this eldritch liaison."

Corrupted Blood. We've heard this before. Only regarding one singular place though: Cainhurst. And Arianna's dress is none other than the Noble Dress which is of Cainhurst Nobles. I don't think this is a coincidence. For whatever reason, Oedon found her through the corrupted blood of the Vilebloods. Also why Adella probably hates her guts besides just pure jealousy.

Iosefka I think we can assume got to that point by manipulating kin and doing a pseudo-pregnancy. I don't think she was actually pregnant or I'd think they'd have her pump one out too.

Iosefka's Cord Description
"Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes. The only choice, he knew, if man were to ever match Their greatness."

The weird part is that it makes no mention of her. I think that's a hint that this one isn't a "real" cord in the sense that it was *not* done solely through the great ones. Maybe she made her own cord in some way? She figured out how to achieve insight and the writhing of eyes.

Alpende

When you travel to Cainhurst, who's watching from the grass/woods or is it just a creepy camera perspective?

I think it's just the camera perspective. Usually with stuff like that I always have the feeling someone is watching, happens a lot in movies and tv shows too.

The Boat

I finished the game a few days ago and I find the lore utterly fascinating, so I'm keeping an eye on this thread, although 77 pages are a bit daunting.

Defuser

Iosefka I think we can assume got to that point by manipulating kin and doing a pseudo-pregnancy. I don't think she was actually pregnant or I'd think they'd have her pump one out too.

Iosefka's Cord Description

The weird part is that it makes no mention of her. I think that's a hint that this one isn't a "real" cord in the sense that it was *not* done solely through the great ones. Maybe she made her own cord in some way? She figured out how to achieve insight and the writhing of eyes.
Thats because the cord isn't hers , it belongs to williem hence the description of williem in the cord. She consumes it to gain to insight like how the player consumes it in the game. There is no proof of her being pregnant, her being on all 4 limbs and nauseous is due to writhing in her head because of the consumption of the cord.

Thats because the cord isn't hers , it belongs to williem hence the description of williem in the cord. She consumes it to gain to insight like how the player consumes it in the game. There is no proof of her being pregnant, her being on all 4 limbs and nauseous is due to writhing in her head because of the consumption of the cord.

I think when she says "How they writhe, writhe inside my head" is literally referring to the "birth" of new foreign eyes growing inside her head exactly as described by various characters.

You really will get eyes inside your head from certain kinds of contact with Great Ones. Head-pregnant I call it. The Garden of Eyes seems relevant. Amygdala and Rom display concentrations of external eyes - this could be similar to the eventual growth pattern of the internal eyes. The beasty opposite version (non-insight related) of this is just getting infected with a case of snake-head like the villagers.

The dropped rune is Oedon Writhe. So, it seems her head is "pregnant" with the formless life-force of oozing blood-loving Oedon. He really does get around like a boss.

(don't know how any of that would relate to getting the +1 version from Adella though)

Gbraga

Would it be easier coming from a person than a business? I could get them here then send them to you.

Wow, thanks a lot, but I wouldn't want to bother you, and unfortunately it wouldn't really help. Our customs are just shitty.

I think something that amuses me/I find entertaining is how Ariannas birthing is handled. Like, the whole game is based around trying to kill a new baby Great One, in a town where everyone was trying to get in touch with or Great Ones. And without any cut scene in a dank church basement with no fanfare or sense of importance is something SUPER DAMN IMPORTANT. Like, she birthed a Great One in the middle of all this shit happening involving stopping exactly what just happened to her by a being everyone's trying to contact. And Oedon just ignored them and snuck in the back door and got that shit done.

That amuses me so much.

Edit: And after finishing that thought I realized how easy it is to kill a baby Great One like Arianna's and thought that...maybe Mergo was put in Nightmare of Mensis to protect it since it could be hunted down and killed easily in real life and the Wet Nurse was sent there by the parent Great One to protect it?

Yeah, that's a pretty Souls thing to do, actually. Just like meeting Kaathe had no cutscenes or anything, you just do things in the right order and you'll meet what is possibly the most important character to understanding the story.

I like your view on putting Mergo in the Nightmare to protect it, but I'm not so sure Arianna's baby was quite there yet, not only it looks like those things at the Choir, but more importantly, you don't look like them when you become an infant Great One. Can't say if Oedon was also disappointed in the baby or if it was enough for him, though. Or if the baby would grow up normally if we didn't kill it.

LiK

Damn, I asked AGS if Annalise had a face and he said yes. You could even equip her mask in the debug version of the game. Kinda curious what she looks like, lol. also being able to wear her mask would've been cool.

Zocano

Damn, I asked AGS if Annalise had a face and he said yes. You could even equip her mask in the debug version of the game. Kinda curious what she looks like, lol. also being able to wear her mask would've been cool.

Time to wait on DLC so they can put in
the Sixth Archstone ; __ ;

Gbraga

Aw man, if they don't want to reveal her face that's fine, but please bring back the cage :C

I need that description.

GorillaJu

I finished the game a few days ago and I find the lore utterly fascinating, so I'm keeping an eye on this thread, although 77 pages are a bit daunting.

Yeah I really should update the OP with key points that have been brought up. I actually tried to round up some of the better posts but I realized that so much is open to interpretation that the posts I personally find informative or interesting may be completely wrong to others.

Gbraga

Yeah I really should update the OP with key points that have been brought up. I actually tried to round up some of the better posts but I realized that so much is open to interpretation that the posts I personally find informative or interesting may be completely wrong to others.

You should definitely link some stuff about the themes Bloodborne approaches. We had some really cool posts about Lovecraft, and also this great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voMAx-lKfIw

I don't think this video will ever stop being relevant, no matter where the lore discussion start going torwards.

On the topic of Lovecraft, something I just recently realized, but is probably obvious to people more versed in his work is about the Yharnam Stone:

"The Queen lies dead, but her horrific consciousness is only asleep, and it stirs in unsettling motions".

This is kinda similar to "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming", I thought it was a cool thing, even if not intentional (I doubt it).

Though, as I implied, I don't know a lot about Lovecraft's works, so maybe they actually have nothing to do with each other, despite sounding as if they do.

Wow, thanks a lot, but I wouldn't want to bother you, and unfortunately it wouldn't really help. Our customs are just shitty.

Ah, okay. No sweat then. Figured I'd offer!

Yeah, that's a pretty Souls thing to do, actually. Just like meeting Kaathe had no cutscenes or anything, you just do things in the right order and you'll meet what is possibly the most important character to understanding the story.

I like your view on putting Mergo in the Nightmare to protect it, but I'm not so sure Arianna's baby was quite there yet, not only it looks like those things at the Choir, but more importantly, you don't look like them when you become an infant Great One. Can't say if Oedon was also disappointed in the baby or if it was enough for him, though. Or if the baby would grow up normally if we didn't kill it.

Yeah, the form it takes kinda bugged me too. The Celestial babby thingies look to either be failures or something. I'd say that they had the chance to grow up to be Great Ones but they've probably been there for a while and I don't think anyone would've come to kill them so more than likely they just are sorta like...live miscarriages. That being said tho, what made me think that Arianna had a legit one was the presence of the cord and it's text "Every infant Great One has this precursor to the umbilical cord." I don't think a cord would come with every failed Great One baby but only successful ones which is what the text in each of them implies to me. THEN AGAIN you may not get any cords from babies you find elsewhere because the Church tried for babies, took the cords, then threw the babies out (even if it seems to conflict with the text I just printed). So maybe Willem's cord comes from the babies and the one in the Aban-

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT IF THE ONE IN THE ABANDONED WORKSHOP, RIGHT NEXT TO THE PHYSICAL BODY OF THE DOLL IS FROM THE DOLL?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh god, that realization happened like...right as I typed it. The cord's text FROM RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOLL who inhabits the dream is "The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream."

What if the Doll conceived the dream?!?!?

What if the Doll is the Paleblood?!?!?!

Okay that's a bit of a stretch, but everything before that just kinda hit me. Daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn.

To get back on track, I think you look different in the ending just kinda cause you became one through an irregular means anywho. So I doubt your form is a normal baby Great One form.

PolishQ

Yeah, the form it takes kinda bugged me too. The Celestial babby thingies look to either be failures or something. I'd say that they had the chance to grow up to be Great Ones but they've probably been there for a while and I don't think anyone would've come to kill them so more than likely they just are sorta like...live miscarriages.

The Celestial Children are basically fetal versions of Ebrietas (who is also a Daughter (child) of the Cosmos (celestial force)). They even have tiny versions of Ebrietas' wings.

Somebody probably removed a Third Cord from Ebrietas at some point. It does kind of look like her head was cut open.

eliochip

I find it weird that there are amygdalla statues littered around the Byrgenwerth College. Little baby amygdallas. Next to other states with half transformed faces.

So I was at the Hunter's Workshop built near the Healing Church's tower.

The way the umbilical cord was placed was right on top of a working document between other documents and some candles. This suggested to me that the umbilical cord might have been being studied carefully before:

The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream.

It didn't occur to me now, but this pretty much tells the story about how the Hunter's Dream was created.

From what I understand, the hunters discovered the cord somehow and through it encountered the pale moon, creating a dream based on their location.

And incidentally, Micholash was able to visit Mergo's nightmare through that particular cord.

But the cord Iosefka gives tells of another "power" the cords have: Willem sought it to elevate his thoughts to that of a great one. This suggests to me that the ability to elevate one's thoughts and the ability to have audience with the great ones may be related.

My theory is that the Hunter's Dream and Nightmare of Mensis are the dreams of the Pale Moon and Mergo respectively and the cords allow access to those slumbering thoughts.

Wait...

An umbilical cord is basically a connection between a mother and its child to give the child life. When you sever the umbilical cord..

Guys. What if that great one child Arianna had wasn't a surrogate. What if that WAS the child Odeon loses because you sever the umbilical cord to collect it? Mergo may have been that child as well, formed from a similar union with Queen Yharnam as what happened to Arianna. Even Moon Presence may have been the child that a great one lost.

Just fun speculation, I could be extremely wrong.

The Celestial Children are basically fetal versions of Ebrietas (who is also a Daughter (child) of the Cosmos (celestial force)). They even have tiny versions of Ebrietas' wings.

Somebody probably removed a Third Cord from Ebrietas at some point. It does kind of look like her head was cut open.

Ha ha, really? I never noticed that! I doubt they all came from her tho. Then again, maybe she mourns because they basically keep using her to turn orphans into fake Great One babies. Who knows?

I also noticed something funny that isn't really a big part of lore, but someone made a video of Beast Possessed Soul that shows it aggros on literally anything. Which is neat because I kinda think it's a Soul from the Souls games that got stuck in Yharnam somehow and when it's in the Chalice Dungeon it's actually kinda like you and looking to get out.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So if you folks feel that there is a "canon" gender for the MC, would it be a male or female Hunter?

I like the Huntress more but I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game leans on more on the PC canon wise as being a guy.

Gbraga

So if you folks feel that there is a "canon" gender for the MC, would it be a male or female Hunter?

I like the Huntress more but I just can't get rid of the feeling that the game leans on more on the PC canon wise as being a guy.

I'm so used to playing Souls games as a female (at least on my first playthrough), that I even get weirded out for a bit when I'm watching someone play and NPCs use male pronouns, so I can't say I share your feeling :p

Ha ha, really? I never noticed that! I doubt they all came from her tho. Then again, maybe she mourns because they basically keep using her to turn orphans into fake Great One babies. Who knows?

I also noticed something funny that isn't really a big part of lore, but someone made a video of Beast Possessed Soul that shows it aggros on literally anything. Which is neat because I kinda think it's a Soul from the Souls games that got stuck in Yharnam somehow and when it's in the Chalice Dungeon it's actually kinda like you and looking to get out.

Do you have a link to this video? That sounds interesting.

I'm just going to assume she would have looked like Arianna.

I think Rom was a Double Decker Taco, and home-dawg in the rocking chair with the staff took my drive though order.

For serious though, dude looked like a Guild Navigator with spice melange in tow.

Continuing off the speculation from my last post, (while also ignoring some of the stuff I've said), I was thinking about how consuming the cords allows a mere human to obtain great one status.

Somehow I managed to realize how this process was completely necessary for the survival of the great one species. Great Ones by nature should not be able to continue existing as their children continue dying, but they leave behind the umbilical cords which allow human beings to consume and become great ones themselves.

The great ones need surrogates because it is necessary for the survival of their species. Since the children they have always become lost, they can bring up a human to ascend to great one status in its place.

Gbraga

What are your favorite NPC moments in Bloodborne? (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Mine is this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0uiKp6f49I

Would you ever think to love me?
VaBNcxc.png

Continuing off the speculation from my last post, (while also ignoring some of the stuff I've said), I was thinking about how consuming the cords allows a mere human to obtain great one status.

Somehow I managed to realize how this process was completely necessary for the survival of the great one species. Great Ones by nature should not be able to continue existing as their children continue dying, but they leave behind the umbilical cords which allow human beings to consume and become great ones themselves.

The great ones need surrogates because it is necessary for the survival of their species. Since the children they have always become lost, they can bring up a human to ascend to great one status in its place.

That works, though I don't like the use of humans specifically, goes against the theme of how unimportant we are to the universe, just any sentient being should suffice.

PolishQ

They're her siblings. "Celestial Child" is synonymous with "Son/Daughter of the Cosmos".

Top Bottom