• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

VinFTW

Been searching GAFHUNT for a few minutes now. Anybody here? If not I can help with Ludwig.

Fastmower switch to GAFHUNT and search for Laurence.

Jin

After a million attempts at OoK I'm calling it quits. I just can't do it. Every boss I can down, but the margin of error on OoK is way too low for me and the speed on him during 2nd phase is ridiculous and beyond my skill.

Man say what you will about this game, it's amazing and all but...

Farming blood vials is terrible. The whole vial system is just so badly conceived and not fun in any way. Dark Souls had a good thing going. Running out of vials on a boss with no opportunity to farm them before, then having to go back and either spend all your echoes to buy some, or run a circuit of low level zones.... Really not even close to enjoyable.

It sucks. The first time I did the DLC it was on my extremely wealthy character that I cleared all the chalice dungeons with (have a several million souls in consumbles stored). Losing 200 vials on Ludwig was nothing. Now on a fresh character I made 3 or 4 attempts and now I gotta leave and come back later which isn't a bad idea because my damage output isn't great but still. It's a nuisance until all of a sudden you're rich and don't care anymore.

The estus flask system was so elegant too.

Finalow

ok, I might have realized that the password doesn't work for pvp. can anyone confirm?

it seemed strange how I was getting invasions every 40 seconds in the first DLC area, a bit too frequent for that to be gaf-only rooms.

You obviously need to get there first, and it'll take some luck (though I haven't tried getting gems in CDs so I'm not sure how different it is there) but one thing that's a pretty big deal is that the
Winter Lanterns
right near the last main boss in the DLC drop some of the best gems in the game.
oh really? What gem. that monster I can farm.

LORE TALK

I thought that Laurence was
the headless Bloodletting Beast. His skull looks more like a Bloodletting Beast than a Cleric Beast too. How can he be both?

LORE TALK

I thought that Laurence was
the headless Bloodletting Beast. His skull looks more like a Bloodletting Beast than a Cleric Beast too. How can he be both?

Cleric beast is a werewolve too but yeah some people speculated that maybe is his "nightmare" version since the skull is just a representation of the physical skull on the Grand Cathedral

sn00zer

Alright....beat all of the main game bosses up to the final boss....have a +10 Hunters axe...at level 74....normal game.....god ammit Ludwig you stupid piece of shit

VinFTW

Tough luck Cobra :/

Searching outside Laurence again. GAFHUNT.

Also Fastmower. Try hard resetting your system. Sometimes rest mode fucks it up.

Also make sure you're searching Worldwide, not local.

dmr87

After a million attempts at OoK I'm calling it quits. I just can't do it. Every boss I can down, but the margin of error on OoK is way too low for me and the speed on him during 2nd phase is ridiculous and beyond my skill.

Don't like the vidyas beat you.

VinFTW

Fuckkkkk, Mower I'm so sorry. The camera flipped out in the corner and he got me :/

first death on him in a while :(

Searching again.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there is *no* good way to dodge Ludwig's ceiling crawl move. Sprinting usually works, but occasionally? 1HKO

dralla

I just got to the first boss
(Ludwig)
and I'm on NG++, level 169. Holy fuck I am getting destroyed. I do barely any damage with Ludwig +10 and get taken down in about 2-3 hits. He never stops attacking either so healing is friggin' hard.

Two hours later and still can't get close to beating him. I had no idea he had a second form. I only got to see it once. The problem is he has moves that kill me in one shot. The god damn charge move in particular is what's getting me. The hitbox on that thing is ridiculous. I don't know if it's because I'm in NG++ or what but the difficulty spike this guy has is outrageous.

there is *no* good way to dodge Ludwig's ceiling crawl move. Sprinting usually works, but occasionally? 1HKO

Sprinting gets me killed. I usually roll around but even that is shaky. He needs some sort of audio clue before dropping.

VinFTW

lmaooooooooo, I died again. Holy hell what is going on with me tonight. First 2 deaths on him.

Mower, you 2 got this. Surprised to see he one shot me with that move.

If Mower kills Laurence this attempt I'll come and help. I have a bit of a vengeance against Laurence now for killing me twice in a row.

Edit: wow, well that makes sense. Streaming was throttling my internet... Was wondering why he was skipping around a bit for me. Stopped and it seems okay for now.

You can time it out. Each type has an audio key. With the longer one count 3 drips and then roll a moment later. Still it's a pretty BS attack.

Fhtagn

If there's a gafhunt party at Laurence I'm in. I've been co-oping against him for hours now and have never once been in a successful team. Only seen the second phase twice. I'm usually the first to land damage and usually not the first to die so hopefully I can be of use.

dragos495

can anyone please help with
laurence
?

password is
bloodgaf

or with the
two huge guys in the cave, for the weapon
?

thanks!

Top Bottom