• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

chekhonte

Man, I've been stuck on the first vicar all day and I'm too underleveled to get much in terms of summons not to mention that anybody I do manage to summon gets one shotted at lower levels.

Floody

Anyone willing to help me with NG++ L
aurence
? Password is "GAFHUNT"

Edit: Nevermind, can't be bothered anymore, will try again tomorrow.

dralla

I just got to the first boss
(Ludwig)
and I'm on NG++, level 169. Holy fuck I am getting destroyed. I do barely any damage with Ludwig +10 and get taken down in about 2-3 hits. He never stops attacking either so healing is friggin' hard.

1upsuper

I beat
Ludwig
after way too many tries, and then I just tore through the rest. NG+ level 120 btw.
The Living Failures
took two attempts. Beat
Maria
in one attempt using viscerals, and I kinda regret it. Seemed like a fun fight and I basically cheesed it. Did the same thing with the
Orphan if Kos
and just visceral'd him to death. Did NOT regret it with him though. He took quite a few attempts. Beat
the sharks
without too much trouble. And now
Laurence
is ruining me. I've been fighting him for hours and I rarely leave him with less than two thirds health remaining. Anyone have any good tips? My best strategy so far is to just lock on and constantly circle around him and to basically always hug him.

I just got to the first boss
(Ludwig)
and I'm on NG++, level 169. Holy fuck I am getting destroyed. I do barely any damage with Ludwig +10 and get taken down in about 2-3 hits. He never stops attacking either so healing is friggin' hard.

You will eventually learn his patterns and even then it will still be a challenge because you'd be exhausted by then.

Beat the last boss finally thanks to summoning random people! Going to go back for the optional boss later. Really enjoyed jumping back into bloodborne, I finally got 3 moon runes and 2 +10 weapons (chikage, simon's bowblade)

Any tip ? I'm lvl 125ish on NG+ and barely scratches him. I use the Blades of Mercy at +10 with not so great gems (+18%)

It took me a lot of retries and patience, but the best advice I can give you is pretty basic: study the attacks carefully and try not to get too greedy. Once you become familiar with his move set, you'll know exactly when to dodge and when there are opportunities to attack. I tried the Blades of Mercy myself (mine are +9), but found that weapons with more reach worked better. Don't be afraid to dodge forward; it typically works best when he gets into his combo and will allow you to get some hits in. I'm probably veering off in a different direction given you specifically mentioned the low damage output. Regarding damage, you could try using the Ludwig two-handed. It's slow, but it should work very well if you focus on R1 attacks and jump attacks (Forward + R2).

chekhonte

Might as well ask here?

What's the best blood echo farming technique?

I've just been doing margo's middle as a helper killing off all the enemies and sometimes helping to beet margo if the host doesn't die.

VinFTW

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Who wants a stab at NG+10 OoK?

Got him down on NG and NG+ already so it should be a quick kill (he hits REALLY hard though).

Locale: Worldwide
PW: GAFHUNT

Need some volunteers :p

E-flux

I just started the Old hunters Dlc today, might have done it a bit too soon.
I'm level 30 and have managed to open a few shortcuts, found a bunch of weapons and met a shady character, wish i had any money to stock up on blood vials so i could continue my way there..

Mman235

I'd like to grind some +25% atk gems on my 2nd character but it's so annoying that I need to finish all those chalice dungeons again.

You obviously need to get there first, and it'll take some luck (though I haven't tried getting gems in CDs so I'm not sure how different it is there) but one thing that's a pretty big deal is that the
Winter Lanterns
right near the last main boss in the DLC drop some of the best gems in the game.

Short question about the NPC B
rador. If i kill him in his cell, directly after getting the key and before entering Fishing Hamlet, does his armor set drop instead of an invasion of his phantom at the usual spots, or do i have to deal with his invading phantoms?

Thanks in advance!

So... Laurence's smash explosion... Can he... direct that thing? For some reason I can dodge it 100% when co-op but solo it hits me every single time. Also, is it possible to survive getting hit by it?

Maybesew

So I'm ready to hop back into bloodborne. One basic question about the league and the improvements to Co-op, if I needed some help with the cursed chalice dungeons, is it easier to get some help?

Naite

Short question about the NPC B
rador. If i kill him in his cell, directly after getting the key and before entering Fishing Hamlet, does his armor set drop instead of an invasion of his phantom at the usual spots, or do i have to deal with his invading phantoms?

Thanks in advance!

His armor drops instead. I forgot about the Beast Hide, and found it on the floor in one of the spots he was supposed to invade

Anyone have a favorite area of the DLC so far? I'm only a bit into the 3rd area, and it's pretty cool and probably the most different of the three from anything in the base game, but I think the research hall is my favorite (unless the rest of area 3 really impresses me / I find a good way of dealing with the fucking whale sharks). I just love the fucked up atmosphere, and vertical labryinthine nature of the research hall, and it's got a pretty cool side quest and secret area.

Anyone have a favorite area of the DLC so far? I'm only a bit into the 3rd area, and it's pretty cool and probably the most different of the three from anything in the base game, but I think the research hall is my favorite (unless the rest of area 3 really impresses me / I find a good way of dealing with the fucking whale sharks). I just love the fucked up atmosphere, and vertical labryinthine nature of the research hall, and it's got a pretty cool side quest and secret area.

Third area is my favorite. It's tied with Upper Cathedral Ward as the creepiest location in the game.

VinFTW

Come onnnnn, no takers for OoK? My 2 coop buddies died halfway through, almost killed him myself but he one shot me with his stupid Blood explosion at like 2 hits from dead.

carda114

Valtr's summon sign won't appear anymore in the Hunter's Nightmare (the one before the first boss). Anybody know why and if there's any way for it to show back up?

ALRIGHT FOLKS, I think I figured this one out. This might prove useful for anyone that may have run into the same issue.

I read that after you've crushed five Vermin, Valtr will disappear from the Forbidden Woods, where you can pick up the Master's Iron Helm where he once stood. This MIGHT be why his sign will not appear in the Hunter's Nightmare before Ludwig. Once I got the helm and returned to the Hunter's Nightmare, his sign was there like before. Not only that, but his name changes from "Valtr, Master of the League" to "Valtr, Beast Eater," and he's no longer wearing his helmet.

ALRIGHT FOLKS, I think I figured this one out. This might prove useful for anyone that may have run into the same issue.

I read that after you've crushed five Vermin, Valtr will disappear from the Forbidden Woods, where you can pick up the Master's Iron Helm where he once stood. This MIGHT be why his sign will not appear in the Hunter's Nightmare before Ludwig. Once I got the helm and returned to the Hunter's Nightmare, his sign was there like before. Not only that, but his name changes from "Valtr, Master of the League" to "Valtr, Beast Eater," and he's no longer wearing his helmet.

This happened to me as well

Naite

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Who wants a stab at NG+10 OoK?

Got him down on NG and NG+ already so it should be a quick kill (he hits REALLY hard though).

Locale: Worldwide
PW: GAFHUNT

Need some volunteers :p

im in, waiting at the boss door now.

Top Bottom