• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

fastmower

lmaooooooooo, I died again. Holy hell what is going on with me tonight. First 2 deaths on him.

Mower, you 2 got this. Surprised to see he one shot me with that move.

If Mower kills Laurence this attempt I'll come and help. I have a bit of a vengeance against Laurence now for killing me twice in a row.

Edit: wow, well that makes sense. Streaming was throttling my internet... Was wondering why he was skipping around a bit for me. Stopped and it seems okay for now.
2294cec4d3ad25dc38a54235d6083681dddd68dc6edc1478f14bd5304db95acd.jpg

After a million attempts at OoK I'm calling it quits. I just can't do it. Every boss I can down, but the margin of error on OoK is way too low for me and the speed on him during 2nd phase is ridiculous and beyond my skill.

I just beat him with my Rakuyo, took me 3 tries. I found that dodging toward him really helps, but you have to also make sure you aren't directly behind because some of his attacks swing back behind him. If you get enough hits in, you can stagger him, it probably took about 6 hits for me to get him to stumble a bit. Whipping out the lightning paper or the empty phantasm shell also helps. During the second phase, when he jumps up and is about to stomp me, I wait a moment, then roll towards where he was, then I can get a hit or 2 in. In general, I found that being close (but at least far enough to side step attacks) felt more safe than farther away, because he wouldn't throw as much crap, he is less likely to leap, and it allows me to be in range to land hits which will eventually stagger him.

On another note, I think Rakuyo and Beast Saif are replacing my burial blade. I freaking love these weapons, and they both feel good against other hunters (L2 in transformed Rakuyo has hyper armor on some frames, and it can hit twice). Beast Saif absolutely wrecked
Maria
, it took me 4 tries because of the 2nd phase and I was using burial blade, but then on the 4th attempt I just used Beast Saif and stunlocked with some gunshots to the face for viscerals. Now I just need to beat the secret boss to get all the achievements for the dlc.

VinFTW

REZZZZ NOOOO!!!

We got him man, dont you worry :p

So close to phase transition.

Remember, stay away from him and wait for openings in Phase 2. Also, when he does his big charge up get far away and just strafe to which ever direction your closest to (right or left, pick one and dodge your ass off).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
REZZZZ NOOOO!!!

We got him man, dont you worry :p

So close to phase transition.

Remember, stay away from him and wait for openings in Phase 2. Also, when he does his big charge up get far away and just strafe to which ever direction your closest to (right or left, pick one and dodge your ass off).

I tend to have an easier time with Phase Two, so we'll see how it goes. :) Thanks for your help. 87 insight and counting

2AdEPT

so is it worth it to come to the DLC early with a new character and farm all the goodies? I noticed there's some nice bloodgems in there!

Is there a predictable way to dodge
Ludwig's
homing missle form the sky attack? its one shot me 9 out of my last 10 attempts, many of which I hadnt even used one vial yet as I can dodge most of his other attacks...this one attack is just destrying me? Any predictable way to dodge it?

Ludwig's
homing missle form the sky attack? its one shot me 9 out of my last 10 attempts, many of which I hadnt even used one vial yet as I can dodge most of his other attacks...this one attack is just destrying me? Any predictable way to dodge it?

I just run like a motherfucker without changing direction. Haven't been tagged once.

Arkeband

Banned
Is there a thread to discuss the expansion at large, or is this the thread? I feel like lengthy write-ups will get lost in the commotion with pages upon pages of back-and-forths with everyone griping or asking for help with specific bosses.

This DLC is, for me, even better than Artorias of the Abyss, which was already way up there. I completely skipped Dark Souls 2's DLC because the base game was so disappointing, but I'm at the last boss of this and it's been amazing from beginning to end.

takriel

Ludwig's

He spits blood two times. Wait for it, and after the second time, wait another second and then dodge! You can get the timing right by counting the blood drops. One... two... three... dodge!

Is there a thread to discuss the expansion at large, or is this the thread? I feel like lengthy write-ups will get lost in the commotion with pages upon pages of back-and-forths with everyone griping or asking for help with specific bosses.

This DLC is, for me, even better than Artorias of the Abyss, which was already way up there. I completely skipped Dark Souls 2's DLC because the base game was so disappointing, but I'm at the last boss of this and it's been amazing from beginning to end.

I think this is it. Most posts are tears of rage so I'm sure a nice lengthy post would be a great addition.

Finally beat the sucker.

Top Bottom