• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

MechaX

Wow, I think I hit my first hurdle before reaching the first boss and I'm not even sure it's a true hurdle yet.
I got to that blood river like place and there are a fuck ton of those blood-sac mosquito-looking mother fuckers down there. Please tell me they are weaker than their truck-hitting brethren in Cainhurst.

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Who wants a stab at NG+10 OoK?

Got him down on NG and NG+ already so it should be a quick kill (he hits REALLY hard though).

Locale: Worldwide
PW: GAFHUNT

Need some volunteers :p

0lBQu.gif

Despera

Banned
Finished off
OoK
Was going for a visceral attack only run against him. Ran out of vials by the end there (thanks to some mediocre footwork by yours truly) and both the boss and I were pretty much out of HP. Thankfully I nailed the timing on that last parry shot.

I think that's it for the DLC. Definitely doable on NG+3 with a lvl 180 character. It was a struggle, but probably the most enjoyable part of BB for me.

Ludwig
Maria
and
OoK
might be my 3 favourite boss encounters in the entire game.

Wow, I think I hit my first hurdle before reaching the first boss and I'm not even sure it's a true hurdle yet.
I got to that blood river like place and there are a fuck ton of those blood-sac mosquito-looking mother fuckers down there. Please tell me they are weaker than their truck-hitting brethren in Cainhurst.

If they're sipping from the river you can walk right passed them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to make peace with the fact that I will never beat Ludwig.

SDR-UK

*sigh* I died shortly after you, what's the best go for his second form? Running to door now.

Ideally baiting the spitting attack would be good. It opens the door for the other to absolutely destroy him in terms of getting four to five shots in.

I can play it a little safer this time. Maybe use the Bow for the final phase.

CHC

Man say what you will about this game, it's amazing and all but...

Farming blood vials is terrible. The whole vial system is just so badly conceived and not fun in any way. Dark Souls had a good thing going. Running out of vials on a boss with no opportunity to farm them before, then having to go back and either spend all your echoes to buy some, or run a circuit of low level zones.... Really not even close to enjoyable.

Rajang

They are weaker. They dont have the long jump and double jump anymore.

Ogawa-san

I'm pretty sure they're weaker than their Cainhurst counterpart. They never used that jump attack on me for example, and their combos didn't take 110% of my health.

In any case, if you're careful you can pebble those that you can't safely backstab.

jg4xchamp

Ideally baiting the spitting attack would be good. It opens the door for the other to absolutely destroy him in terms of getting four to five shots in.

I can play it a little safer this time. Maybe use the Bow for the final phase.
Jesus, that feels like its our only actual opening.

Persona7

Banned
I got screwed six times in a row by invading near ludwig and everybody joined the boss fight while I was in a load screen...lol

Dahbomb

My experience with the top of Clocktower boss:

First form:

"I got this, it's just a standard Hunter that is beefed up.. ez"

biDFHU0.gif

2nd form:

"Alright no problem, she just has more range now... same strategy as before just gotta keep things tighter"

gxR3dKI.gif

3rd form:

"Ok now all of the attacks have lingering fire AOE and everything is doing more damage with more range..."

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

PREY SLAUGHTERED!!!

giphy.gif

Boss fight wasn't actually that hard, took like 3-4 tries. There were two main ways to fight here: One of them involves just hugging her as close as possible and keep strafing her. Most of her attacks miss while you dodge around her with ease. This strategy works up until the 3rd phase when she starts lighting area around her on fire.

2nd strategy basically involves parrying her with the gun for big damage. This also works well for the first two phases but by the 3rd phase it gets riskier.

Basically I figured out that once she's about to transform you can get a lot of damage in. The trade is pretty worth it especially on the 3rd form because it cuts down that fight time a lot.

Great boss fight though, edge of the seat stuff. And it was completely honest save for the final form.

Man, once the soundtrack for this DLC comes out, I am on it day 1. Can't get enough of the first and third boss themes. Was whistling the tunes at work all day today.

VinFTW

Well, its official guys. I am DONE with Bloodborne.

NG character is done with the DLC/full game.
NG+ character is done as well
and my NG+10 guy is finished now as well.

Got all the armor and trick weapons I wanted, and finished all the side quests I was interested in.

Got the platinum as well.

WHEW.

Bloodborne is def. my GOTY so far.

Alright, I am officially available for help on any of the bosses. Let me know!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Having difficulties determining which weapon should I focus more in my new character....

Alright guys: can I ask you to rank the Old Hunter weapons from the one you like best to the one you like the least? With reasons, if possible. It would be greatly appreciated and can help me make up my mind :)

taoofjord

Anyone's game crashing to the dashboard recently? I've had two crashes in two days. Super weird. Maybe it has something to do with PSN crapping out over the holidays?

Anyway, just got to area two of the DLC and its sooooo good. I'm loving the DLC so far and all the new weapons are freaking amazing. So creative and fun to use.

fastmower

Well, its official guys. I am DONE with Bloodborne.

NG character is done with the DLC/full game.
NG+ character is done as well
and my NG+10 guy is finished now as well.

Got all the armor and trick weapons I wanted, and finished all the side quests I was interested in.

Got the platinum as well.

WHEW.

Bloodborne is def. my GOTY so far.

Alright, I am officially available for help on any of the bosses. Let me know!
Wanna try Laurence with me? I kinda feel like I'm cheating myself by cooping, though. Dang...

kewlmyc

Asking again for a new page.

Do guns degrade? I've never had to repair them. I'm asking since I want to put a cursed bloodgem on my Evelyn.

just defeated
Lawrence
, kinda easy boss with massive telegraphed attacks. Phase 3 was intimidating but pretty easy once you figure out the safe zone. Getting that one weapon from the well was MUCH harder than
Lawrence
imo.

lmao that was me when OoK went into 2nd phase.

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Who wants a stab at NG+10 OoK?

Got him down on NG and NG+ already so it should be a quick kill (he hits REALLY hard though).

Locale: Worldwide
PW: GAFHUNT

Need some volunteers :p

7306461.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Lawrence down. Such cheap attacks and he has so much health. I don't know what to think about this DLC. I like the boss fights but wish there were more unique areas. Loved the fishing hamlet section though.

I think I still need to clear that area where there are those 2 frenzy enemies. Creepy as hell.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently searching just outside Ludwig with GAFHUNT if anyone wants to drop by. I think I've almost got him.

VinFTW

omggggggggggg cobraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

he had like a sliverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nooooooooooooooo

We got it next time, searching GAFHUNT then I'll help the other guy :p Grabbing vials real quick though.

Top Bottom