• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

burgerdog

I leave them alone until you unlock the elevator and killed them from afar.

I didn't try that, but that's a really good idea.

You probably found out you could parry them before the rest of us. They were deadly until I figured that out

I didn't know you could parry them, that's great advice. I spent the majority of the time doing laps around the cave and hugging the pillar. Taking cheap shots here and then whenever there was a chance.

kxIcJlW.jpg

If you say so.

Donos

Does anyone wanna help me beat the hunter in the grand cathedral at the end of Eileen's questline? This guy's gun parries are messing me up. New game (not plus), level 72.

If you just want to get rid of him, there is a super easy cheese way... >>
when he goes into his blood mode where he looses health but hits harder, quickly leave the cathedral, and he slowly dies

edit: ohhh ,they patched this? niiiice. on my bucket list ist to beat that fucker legit in NG+ !

Afrocious

Does anyone wanna help me beat the hunter in the grand cathedral at the end of Eileen's questline? This guy's gun parries are messing me up. New game (not plus), level 72.

IIRC, you could get close to him until he activates the Chikage, then run away and hide behind a door. He'll just run his health out.

Then again, I'm a cheesy bastard so...

Edzi

Alright, I'm weighing my options at the end of my NG+++ run. Is it worth it to grind and raise my levels (mainly Vit, though I have Vit - 50, End - 40, Str -50, Skl - 50) past the soft caps in an attempt to get stronger for the last two dlc bosses? Or am I better off going through the game on my NG file and doing the DLC over again with that character?

Alright, I'm weighing my options at the end of my NG+++ run. Is it worth it to grind and raise my levels (mainly Vit, though I have Vit - 50, End - 40, Str -50, Skl - 50) past the soft caps in an attempt to get stronger for the last two dlc bosses? Or am I better off going through the game on my NG file and doing the DLC over again with that character?

It would be better to do a new character if you want a specific build like Arcan or Blood and the new specific weapons to +9

usp84

About the sharks
For some reason they didnt attack me together until i reached the first one to near death so i just killed them almost seperately.The first one tried to lure me to where the second would drop but i knew he was there since i saw him when i was going down the ladder.

Anyway i might have been to carfefull from the moment i heard that "LALALA" from the brain things lol

Post-DLC, the Doll said something about Gehrman but I skipped through it by accident because I didn't expect her to have anything new to say. Does anyone know what she says?

Yeah I heard that as well. After beating
OoK
the Doll says that
She can hear the sound of Gehrman sleeping in ease tonight unlike other nights of hunt where he can barely sleep
or something like that.

Yeah I heard that as well. After beating
OoK
the Doll says that
She can hear the sound of Gehrman sleeping in ease tonight unlike other nights of the hunt where he can barely sleep
or something like that.

I appear to have missed so much additional dialogue
because Gehrman is already dead.

Sayad

Stay outside his range, bait him into attacking and just dodge, don't try to attack while he's in his normal stance. Wait until he switch to two handed stance, that's your chance to charge in since he can't parry. It's gonna be a long fight but this strategy make it easy.

Poison knifes help a lot, especially at the end since he doesn't switch to 2 hand stance when he's about to die.

Mr Git

Okay I really need help with the shark giants. I just can't get the timing right for these douchebags.

I tried with the shaman's bone blade but didn't have too much luck - they got bored of fighting each other and remembered me. Instead just use the pillar to your advantage to separate them. The ceiling one seems to have much less health and went down easily once the other one was out of the way. You can easily instigate the long range dive/flailing attack by moving a large distance away and waving. This leaves them open to a couple of hits or parries.

Stay outside his range, bait him into attacking and just dodge, don't try to attack while he's in his normal stance. Wait until he switch to two handed stance, that's your chance to charge in since he can't parry. It's gonna be a long fight but this strategy make it easy.

Poison knifes help a lot, especially at the end since he doesn't switch to 2 hand stance when he's about to die.

Already used up my poison knives :'<.

The point about him not being able to handed is really useful though, thanks. So far I've just been staying out his reach when he's in 2h mode to let the chikage self-damage build up, but that's real slow.

Bro you are in a world of hurt... You have to beat him solo. Learn his patterns and use the Ludwig. I do not know if From programmed the AI to be cocky as fuck but he will sometimes slow walk toward you and you can use R2 to hit him. Also dodge like a motherfucker, get in one or two good hits then back off.

The Flash

Banned
I tried with the shaman's bone blade but didn't have too much luck - they got bored of fighting each other and remembered me. Instead just use the pillar to your advantage to separate them. The ceiling one seems to have much less health and went down easily once the other one was out of the way. You can easily instigate the long range dive/flailing attack by moving a large distance away and waving. This leaves them open to a couple of hits or parries.

That did the trick. Funnily a cooperator joined soon after the second shark got in but he got squashed almost immediately.

Spoo

Well, huge thanks to SDR-UK who made that the DLC optional boss look like a regular enemy encounter lol.

That's all the achievements. Back to 100% :D

IKizzLE

What is so cheap about it? Put on some
Fire resistant gear
and his new moves do so, so little, at least on regular NG.

The fire is not what I'm worried about on NG+. Its the physical damage from one sweep. One mistimed dodge and its all over. Every co op partner I've had has also died on this stage smh.

Ferr986

There's another way to cheese the Cathedral Chikage hunter.

Lure him to the entrance door. Like, at the doors. When he reach there, he loses aggro and try to go back to the Cathedral, you need to stand in front of him so he can go away, you can hit him while he just stand there walking trying to enter.

Here a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfZNI2hxcF0

Spoo

Since I'm on, I can offer help for a while to anyone who needs it who is on either NG or NG+ (lvl 100). I have a level 170 char if I need to switch, though.

Donos

Ppl getting desperate beating Ludwig. Tried to help a couple of random ppl and they all had Valtr too. Phase 2 is still killing most hosts (stay back and let npc and summon get his attention before you attack)

Spoo

Ppl getting desperate beating Ludwig. Tried to help a couple of random ppl and they all had Valtr too. Phase 2 is still killing most hosts (stay back and let npc and summon get his attention before you attack)

People just get real greedy cuz the fight can be a pain, so they want to end it. It's weird, cuz the second phase is *way* easier imo -- you actually have good entries to do sustained damage, and he telegraphs for *years* when you can.

Helped my friend do it who is horrible at the game, and we had Valtr, and it lasted all of 2 mins before he was dead.

Top Bottom