• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Congrats man, i'm still struggling to finish him in phase 2...
Haven't had time to learn it c:
Also phase 1 takes alot longer for me, since i aim to only hit him when his chance of punishing is 0%, you seem to rush him down and he get's staggered i might try that!

edit: i just watched your ludwig progress video, its almost identical to mine, except mine takes 4 times as long!
double edit: er how is your damage so high? mines like half of that, i assume the saw cleaver bonus is double damage
TRIPLE edit: for reference this is my terrible damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2O0AMlPb7k

As much as I love the Hunter Axe, for this fight you need to swap it out for the Saw Cleaver. I'm using two flat arcane gems with +67.5 arcane damage and -10%ish damage vs. kin in the first two slots, and the +18% arcane attack up gem from Nightmare of Mensis in the third slot. With the cleaver and higher damage, you can afford to be a lot more aggressive in phase 1 by relying on staggering him and breaking limbs to knock him out of attack animations - so dodging forward and to the left through most of his attacks is the way to go.

Also the Saw Cleaver gets +20% damage against beast enemies in the folded in form, so you get even more damage from that. Surprisingly it seems that Ludwig phase 2 doesn't count as a beast

Good luck with learning phase 2, it's a total bitch with some seriously questionable hitboxes at times (http://gfycat.com/CarelessNegativeIbis) but you'll get it :) Just gotta practice

wiibomb

holy shit, this battle with
Ludwig
(first boss) is so inspiring! I had to go with Valtr because it was impossible on solo..

are all the bosses these impossible?

also, anywhere I can farm for shards? I need a bunch to upgrade these weapons.. so many in just a fraction of the game

anyone need help on first boss using gaf password or shall i just keep trying to solo this mofo?

I can help you if you need help, but I don't know how to set a pass for co-op

holy shit, this battle with
Ludwig
(first boss) is so inspiring! I had to go with Valtr because it was impossible on solo..

are all the bosses these impossible?

also, anywhere I can farm for shards? I need a bunch to upgrade these weapons.. so many in just a fraction of the game

I can help you if you need help, but I don't know how to set a pass for co-op

oh no i did all this co opon my alt. im determinded to solo this dude on my ng +++ char lol

Auctopus

Well, there's a lever to the side of it. Before you can go to Amelia you also have an option to buy a 10k echoes item to open the gate from the other side, with a prompt.

Okay. So I'm in the big round courtyard, I've cleared out all the beasts and hunters. There's a small tall gate and the a wide gate. No levers or anything?

demonkaze

Ok looking for help with
Maria
using the GAF password. My first attempt went pretty well to be honest, nearly finished her off but wasted most of my vials on learning her moves in her second phase.

duxstar

I'm not gonna lie ..... Valtr is a better summons than most human players.

If you were to ask me the best way to beat the first boss of the DLC it would be.

1. Summon Valtr
2. Learn moves
3. Kill it

Adding a 3rd person adds too much health and valtr is a better summons than even I am for the fight lol

Auctopus

Just realised the other poster was talking about Vanilla Bloodborne.

Currently in Hunters nightmare area (before flaming Amelia) and I can't use beckoning bell?

demonkaze

Thanks for the help, taking her on with 2 people made it a hell of a lot easier. Great boss fight though for sure, one of my favorite in the series

Finalow

shark-horse.jpg

fuck these guys.
I love how they made ''fish dogs'' for that area.

I wonder what kind of dogs we will get in Dark Souls 3.

Ferr986

Holy shit just defeated L
udwig
at level 56 at the second try. Tbh I had Valtr to bait him but goddamn the pizza cutter wrecks him. You can stun him a lot with it.

demonkaze

So I just stumbled upon the optional boss and it preceded to kick my ass, holy shit. Any help would be great, gaf password as always.

HoJu

So I have a question. I'm playing ng+ and just beat Vicar Amelia so now can do the dlc.
When do you recommend I start the dlc? Is it so hard that I have to play most of the game again?
Thanks.

Hugstable

Banned
What level is a good level to start the DLC in NG? My main character was in NG+++ already so I didn't want to set myself up for some extremely hard dlc, so I made a new character. At level 50 and just finishing Rom, would this be a good point to go in or am I still too feeble?

So I have a question. I'm playing ng+ and just beat Vicar Amelia so now can do the dlc.
When do you recommend I start the dlc? Is it so hard that I have to play most of the game again?
Thanks.

Are you around lvl 100-110, have a +10 weapon and 18%+ Att gems? You're good to go.

HORRORSHØW

Thanks.
i was around 120 when i did it on ng+ and had some difficulty in the beginning, especially the first boss. it was my first time back to bloodborne after a 5 month hiatus so i forgot how to play.

The Flash

Banned
What level is a good level to start the DLC in NG? My main character was in NG+++ already so I didn't want to set myself up for some extremely hard dlc, so I made a new character. At level 50 and just finishing Rom, would this be a good point to go in or am I still too feeble?

iirc 60 should be good

Top Bottom