• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Ppl getting desperate beating Ludwig. Tried to help a couple of random ppl and they all had Valtr too. Phase 2 is still killing most hosts (stay back and let npc and summon get his attention before you attack)

I really don't understand how the second phase is causing so much problems to lot of people. I have hard time getting through the first phase but once second phase starts it is pretty much guaranteed I win. I think I've never died on second phase yet.

konjak

I really don't understand how the second phase is causing so much problems to lot on people. I have hard time getting through the first phase but once second phase starts it is pretty much guaranteed I win. I think I've never died on second phase yet.

Same here, dodge into his stomach, or just simply stay there, and most swings don't hit. I see and hear tons of people staying far away. So that's a tip. He only has like one or two odd swings that could hit you when you're against him (and run away from AoEs. Even the fuck-off big explosive swing doesn't track you well when you're close).

Yeah I heard that as well. After beating
OoK
the Doll says that
She can hear the sound of Gehrman sleeping in ease tonight unlike other nights of hunt where he can barely sleep
or something like that.

I find this extremely interesting...Because
Orphan of Kos
does bare a striking resemblance to
Gehrman
Orphan of Kos' wings
in phase one look a lot like the top
Gehrman
wears in the back. They also have an extremely similar moveset. Even their weapons are shaped similarly....

Also for anyone done with the DLC listen and watch this video someone made. Could have very, very big implications for whats going on/really happened at the Hamlet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmS1BDflCE

The Flash

Banned
I can help out been getting him down to 10 percent then he does some cheap ass lightning

I think I can get him by myself. I didn't have the sense of hopelessness when I was fighting him as I did with Ludwig. If I do hit a wall, you'll be the first person I ask for help.

Also getting rid of blood gems that reduce kin damage probably would've helped as well.

I think I can get him by myself. I didn't have the sense of hopelessness when I was fighting him as I did with Ludwig. If I do hit a wall, you'll be the first person I ask for help.

Also getting rid of blood gems that reduce kin damage probably would've helped as well.
ok :)

I really don't understand how the second phase is causing so much problems to lot of people. I have hard time getting through the first phase but once second phase starts it is pretty much guaranteed I win. I think I've never died on second phase yet.

It's just cuz it throws a whole different move set at you and people are already exhausted from the first half so it's easy to get sloppy. But I agree his second form really isn't hard at all once you learn to hug his feet.

Zemm

I'm trying to help people with Ludwig and apart from one person the hosts keep getting one shot from his jump attack :'(

Ppl getting desperate beating Ludwig. Tried to help a couple of random ppl and they all had Valtr too. Phase 2 is still killing most hosts (stay back and let npc and summon get his attention before you attack)

Yes, I think I can succed in coop 1 of 5 summons since the host is too weak or is in a NG high than me and the boss one shots me

His charging phase maybe confusing and his powered sword can destroy you if you are not careful enough, a direct hit is nearly a one hit

I feel like its attacks are more telegraphed during the first phase. I found a lot of its moves during the second phase very hard to dodge. But, I never tried staying right underneath it. Maybe that'll be my strategy when I fight it for the third time.

Fhtagn

A friend of mine seems to be unable to summon nor ring the small resonant bell in the cathedral ward. Vicar is still alive. He can summon elsewhere. Any ideas?

konjak

A friend of mine seems to be unable to summon nor ring the small resonant bell in the cathedral ward. Vicar is still alive. He can summon elsewhere. Any ideas?

He needs to open the gate at the opposite end of the big round courtyard down the Amelia staircase. I don't know why it is this way.

Edzi

Alright, instead of giving up and going through the game in NG, I'm gonna try and find the last two HP+ runes and see if equipping all three helps. If it doesn't, I might try asking you guys for help.

Top Bottom