• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Gentuu

Banned
Yup. Screw doing that cave by myself. I'm calling for reinforcements.

How I got it down was to whack the first one very close to half hp, then get a viceral attack (with viceral bonus runes ofc) and whack him while he runs away. This way the first shark was down to about ~10% hp.

After that just try to seperate the sharks and let the jesus take the wheel and pray that you get the low hp one down.

myco666

Grimløck;187078229 said:
how quickly do you get frenzied?

Frenzy builds up only from L2 attack which I don't use that much even if it does 1000 per hit. It builds up as fast as frenzy always does but if you use Bone Ash set or Graveguard set + Frenzy resist rune you won't get frenzied and it works more like a cooldown phase so that you can't spam it.

Arkeband

Banned
I just finished the DLC
(slashed the black Orphan spirit)
and now it's just sitting at a black screen. Is my game fucked? :(

I've let it sit for a few minutes and now it's in a loop of playing
sobbing noises.

Spoo

I just finished the DLC
(slashed the black Orphan spirit)
and now it's just sitting at a black screen. Is my game fucked? :(

I've let it sit for a few minutes and now it's in a loop of playing
sobbing noises.

Should be a cutscene. Sounds like your game is a bit messed up -- just restart and go back. Worst comes to worst you missed a 10 second cutscene you can watch on youtube.

John

was stoked to find the loch shield until i tested it against a patient and took 80% health in one combo lol. i wanna swordnboard !!!!

HORRORSHØW

Frenzy builds up only from L2 attack which I don't use that much even if it does 1000 per hit. It builds up as fast as frenzy always does but if you use Bone Ash set or Graveguard set + Frenzy resist rune you won't get frenzied and it works more like a cooldown phase so that you can't spam it.

oh okay. that's great to know. i thought just being in 2h mode was perma-frenzied or something.

Floody

The final phase of L
aurence
, is just not even fun anymore, just waiting for a 1 second opening so you can take an inch off, whilst a single hit will either just 1 hit kill, or stun you for a 2 hit death.

Arkeband

Banned
Should be a cutscene. Sounds like your game is a bit messed up -- just restart and go back. Worst comes to worst you missed a 10 second cutscene you can watch on youtube.

Thanks. Restarted my game and it loaded immediately to the
NIGHTMARE SLAIN
and jumped right into the cutscene.

Neoweee

The final phase of L
aurence
, is just not even fun anymore, just waiting for a 1 second opening so you can take an inch off, whilst a single hit will either just 1 hit kill, or stun you for a 2 hit death.

What NG+ level are you on? Have you switched your gear to have some good Fire resistance?

Okay, I am at the point where I barely die to the big L. I think having one helper is better than two.

First Phase- Try to stay on both sides of him and make him choose one of you. When he does the other can attack his back/legs for a few hits and sometimes a nice combo. When he turns, the other player can do the same. Just watch out for his big slam/aoe attack.

Second phase- do the same but bait his forward fire spew. The player behind him can stay pretty close and he takes a while to start the attack, it is really telegraphed. The player behind can move in for a nice combo and roll out, while the other player can hit him from the other side. Repeat until dead.

Just remember to never get caught in a corner and I found not locking on was so much easier since you can easily roll away from all of his attacks. Fire resistant gear seems to help too.

Solo is a different story

I have been co-oping him all morning and this has worked almost all of the time. Good Luck, GAF.

Arkeband

Banned
Post-DLC, the Doll said something about Gehrman but I skipped through it by accident because I didn't expect her to have anything new to say. Does anyone know what she says?

Floody

What NG+ level are you on? Have you switched your gear to have some good Fire resistance?

No.

NG+3 or 4 (can't remember, my Ludwig 10, with around 800 damage does like 500-600 damage with Bolt paper) on one and 2 on another. One is lvl 200, the other 90. I've been using the Harrowed Set, but I'll try with a high fire res.

duxstar

any tips on how to deal with the two fuckers in the well?

Use parry, parry the first guy twice , the first visceral shouldn't be enough to aggro the second guy. Then use the second visceral to get the first guy dead or close to it, run in to kill the first guy before the second drops down.

Repeat on second guy

Imru’ al-Qays;187079996 said:
I think he thought you were talking about a different pair of fat dudes, much later in the game. You're talking about the big axe guy right next to the shortcut gate back to the ladder in Central Yharnam, right? But the general strategy for fat dudes is going to be the same: try to master their parry windows if you can, otherwise try to bait one of their big slow attacks by standing just at the edge of its range, then go in for one or two hits before dodging back again.

Big dudes have a lot of range, but they're slow. You want to get them to commit to an attack that won't hit you, then punish them.

Thanks, I found out later that we misunderstood each other.

So far I'm impressed by the game and the community to be honest, the loudest ones in general threads made me think that it would be a lot different.

Post-DLC, the Doll said something about Gehrman but I skipped through it by accident because I didn't expect her to have anything new to say. Does anyone know what she says?

There is a extra dialogue with her after you defeat
Maria
, not sure if there are anymore.

Oops meant the final boss of the DLC. Or can I still explore after beating OoK?

You can still explore, dont forget to kill the little shadow on
Kos
corpse

burgerdog

:lol I'm loving all these comments about the shark enemies. I didn't die to the duo in the well and I didn't use the shaman knife and I was level 60.

The final phase of L
aurence

stay very close and bait his single claw combo, dodge the first claw strike to left and stay close to abdomen and attack. rinse-repeat
If you stay far, he will do the lunge or the move where he just tracks you around.

Also I was wondering if there is a bonfire ascetic type thing in the game. I really want to replay the bosses in the DLC...

Thanks, I found out later that we misunderstood each other.

So far I'm impressed by the game and the community to be honest, the loudest ones in general threads made me think that it would be a lot different.

Glad you're enjoying yourself! Try not to spoil yourself too much - there are a few hidden areas that you'll really want to stumble on by yourself in your first playthrough. It's that sense of mystery more than anything that makes these games so engrossing.

The Flash

Banned
:lol I'm loving all these comments about the shark enemies. I didn't die to the duo in the well and I didn't use the shaman knife and I was level 60.

kxIcJlW.jpg

Afrocious

I haven't even gotten to this well you guys are talking about, but I do want to get to it for the weapon I can get.

The first shark dude was fine.

This second one with the anchor and I'm getting blasted by that shaman? What a bastard. This shark has more health than the first one.

Floody

stay very close and bait his single claw combo, dodge the first claw strike to left and stay close to abdomen and attack. rinse-repeat
If you stay far, he will do the lunge or the move where he just tracks you around.

Also I was wondering if there is a bonfire ascetic type thing in the game. I really want to replay the bosses in the DLC...

You can co-op, but besides reloading an old save the only way is through a NG.

There is a extra dialogue with her after you defeat
Maria
, not sure if there are anymore.

You can still explore, dont forget to kill the little shadow on
Kos
corpse

can someone confirm if i am remembering it right but
i equipt the parasite after killing kos and i think the black figure spoke to me. then i punched it with it.
i could just be remembering wrong though.

The final phase of L
aurence
Try sticking to the right of the room. When he spits lava at you, run around to the left. HIS right. There will be an opening for you to attack. Let him spit lava a few times to get the pattern down.

If you let him spit lava in the middle he can trap you.

konjak

i equipt the parasite after killing kos and i think the black figure spoke to me. then i punched it with it.

I think you confuse the order of events, there's talking after doing that (with any equipment)

Try sticking to the right of the room. When he spits lava at you, run around to the left. HIS right. There will be an opening for you to attack. Let him spit lava a few times to get the pattern down.

If you let him spit lava in the middle he can trap you.

Yeah, it becomes much easier if you can get him to keep spitting fire in middle of the room.

SDR-UK

Anybody need help with any of the bosses? Going to be playing Bloodborne for a bit and I'm willing to co-op anything; chalice dungeons, dlc bosses or main game.

There is an extra cutscene when you do that, there is a extra dialogue with the talking npc with the rune equipped on the same area

Does anyone wanna help me beat the hunter in the grand cathedral at the end of Eileen's questline? This guy's gun parries are messing me up. New game (not plus), level 72.

Top Bottom