• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

JudgeN

I fucking did it, killed laurence solo on NG++ @135. Gotta say this DLC is fantastic except for Laurence. Now I need a break for Fallout 4 before I try my bloodtinge/skill bow character.

HORRORSHØW

I fucking did it, killed laurence solo on NG++ @135. Gotta say this DLC is fantastic except for Laurence. Now I need a break for Fallout 4 before I try my bloodtinge/skill bow character.

that's crazy. congrats!

i'm a scrub so i gotta level up like crazy to stand a chance

Vire

oh, I'm done? lol. where's the optional boss?
You did it, you da best around, nothing ever gonna bring you down.

There's one optional boss
in Amelia's room, the giant beast on fire, you need the item Laurence's skull which you can find immediately after the corpse room, past the hallway with the dude in the chair and up onto the alter

I'll be honest though,mothe optional boss is kinda lacking though and isn't very much fun. You may be better off just fighting it with GAF for an easy kill.

Could someone explain to me why the bell ringing woman shows up when you summon up Valtr? I notice it happening while helping someone in Co Op. Found it quite out of place since they dont belong in the DLC.

I only have the Sharks in the well left, but I am not sure if I will be able to do it due to the horror :p. Spent more time dying on them than the other bosses. I know you can use the blade trick but cant cheat on it yet.

Woah make me feel like a newbie. Sure this depends on what type of build you have but I was way past 230 (due to grinding for Arcane and Bloodtinge), but I couldnt do him without added health runes stacked, all damage decrease rune and fire resistant clothing. I dont look forward to doing him again in NG++. Definitely one of the cheapest bosses in the game despite strugglying more with Ludwig.

HoJu

Are you around lvl 100-110, have a +10 weapon and 18%+ Att gems? You're good to go.

Grimløck;187099130 said:
i was around 120 when i did it on ng+ and had some difficulty in the beginning, especially the first boss. it was my first time back to bloodborne after a 5 month hiatus so i forgot how to play.

Alright thanks. I'm level 103 with a +9 Saw Cleaver, so I'll give it a go.

Ihyll

Ludwig the Holy Blade...one of the most epic boss battles in souls games?

Dodging those arcane attacks from the Moonlight sword with that epic music playing on the background...wow

Vire

storafötter;187099742 said:
Could someone explain to me why the bell ringing woman shows up when you summon up Valtr? I notice it happening while helping someone in Co Op. Found it quite out of place since they dont belong in the DLC.

I only have the Sharks in the well left, but I am not sure if I will be able to do it due to the horror :p. Spent more time dying on them than the other bosses. I know you can use the blade trick but cant cheat on it yet.
The shaman blade thing doesn't even work for me, it never seems to take effect? Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Finalow

~help, I literally have no stones used for upgrades on my str/arcane character. I don't know if I want to bring to +9 or +10 more than one new weapon and grind that much.

Woah make me feel like a newbie. Sure this depends on what type of build you have but I was way past 230 (due to grinding for Arcane and Bloodtinge), but I couldnt do him without added health runes stacked, all damage decrease rune and fire resistant clothing. I dont look forward to doing him again in NG++. Definitely one of the cheapest bosses in the game despite strugglying more with Ludwig.

Ludwig the Holy Blade...one of the most epic boss battles in souls games?

Dodging those arcane attacks from the Moonlight sword with that epic music playing on the background...wow

I agree it is. I mean everyone was craving to fight him after being OP with his Holy Blade and his absence from the original game. Was worth the 20 dollars I poured into the game.

I gotta say the shitty thing about introducing so many new cool weapons is that there is stil no easy way to get Blood Rocks outside summoning chalice dungeons (if you got the materials at hand). Should have been generous and thrown in 2 of them at least.

eot

Banned
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread or game media much at all, what's the consensus on this thing, yay or nay? Good bosses / area designs?

I came back to this on my 133 character and had a much better time with the dlc, I would not recommend starting it with any kind of hybrid build at their recommended level. Unless a shit ton of hp is part of your hybrid. I would also recommend that you have a good amount of str, around 25 I think, as most of the weapons you'll find early on are str. Other than the initial frustration with the first boss I promptly dumptrucked him and the rest of the dlc with my 133 skill/arc build. Just stuck on the last boss at the moment, he's kinda relentless and annoying and nobody around my level was on for coop last I tried. I have to say the dlc is pretty awesome, but unless you were pumping str/hp in normal game I'd level up a bit before tackling it.

demonkaze

Grimløck;187100360 said:
i keep getting called to his game...

set up a different password?

That's me, nearly had him down, had him to a sliver of health and then he killed me ;(
Will be still searching with GAFHUNT if anyone is will to try and help still. This is on NG+ btw.

Fhtagn

Optional boss is starting to make me really pissed off. I simply cannot figure out how to dodge some of his combos reliably and I'm just not doing anywhere near enough damage to be able to even get him to the second phase reliably, at which point I can survive but not do any damage. I have gotten him down to 5% left twice, but he has instant kill moves that come alive only then, so good luck trying to practice them.

This is on NG+ at Lvl 171 with an all +20% phys damage gems on a +10 cleaver. I do 1000-4000 points in a combo, when I can find an opening.

Feels like it's designed for people with absurd chalice farmed gems or co-op only.

Not to mention that dark souls 2-esque giant axe a-hole hat's hard to run past and hard to parry blocking the door.

Might have to leave this alone until I get a NG character here.

Grimløck;187101113 said:
did you get him, mocos?

it really sucks how i have to go back to the hunter's dream to restock on vials after cooping

This is by far the biggest design mistake in bloodborne. When I die in co-op, why drop me back at the last lantern without refilling my vials? It's such a step backwards from Dark Souls.

demonkaze

Jesus that guy just doesn't let up, got him to about a 1/3 again but just cant out last him. Still ringing if people are up for trying still.

Get'sMad

Only 2 bosses in so far but maaan this is soooo good. The atmosphere in the main game was already great but they really took it to another level with this.

duxstar

The last section before Ook is amazing by the way , just the look and the atmosphere feels ripped out of a book or something. Has me wickid excited for dark souls 3.

Top Bottom