• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Oh wow I just got 2 blood rocks in a single Chalice dungeon. The boss on the third floor dropped one and there was a second one in a chest in the main area of the fourth floor.

Glyph's qkq698ii and it's a Pthumeru Ihyll chalice with fetid and rotted offerings if anyone's interested in blood rocks to upgrade their DLC weapons.

Edit: Whaaat I just got a third one by beatin the layer 4 boss.

cool might go back after getting all these rad weapons

Tingle

It's my personal favorite. Ps4 version fixed the hitboxes too which locks it in 1st for me

Only souls game with proper magic characters

I am a big fan of Dark Souls 2, and even more of Scholar, but they certainly did not fix the hitboxes on a lot of moves. The problem was certainly overstated due to the confusion surrounding adaptability, but even in Scholar there are just downright confusing moves that must have been untested or something.

Another poster mentioned the Hippo grabs- I am not sure why that thing has a hitbox within a thousand feet of the damn enemy. Also, that was a particularly bad choice because everyone sees the Hippo 5 minutes into their gameplay, which almost immediately soured people who couldn't dodge the move due to a combination of low adaptability and poor hitboxing.

Oh wow I just got 2 blood rocks in a single Chalice dungeon. The boss on the third floor dropped one and there was a second one in a chest in the main area of the fourth floor.

Glyph's qkq698ii and it's a Pthumeru Ihyll chalice with fetid and rotted offerings if anyone's interested in blood rocks to upgrade their DLC weapons.

Edit: Whaaat I just got a third one by beatin the layer 4 boss.

Hmm that glyph code didn't work for me.

Kieli

The DLC is really challenging.

Enemies are relentless, fast, and have high poise. One thing that I don't like is how the hunters rotate when you side-step them. It's not like the way Havel does a 180, it's more like the turtle guys from Dark Souls II where their feet are planted and sliding around the ground as you strafe.

I'm currently at the entrance fighting the Cthulu thing, and I'm toast whenever he buffs.

Edit: I love getting into slug-fests lol. I just wack away at the hunters as they wack away at me, and I still win. :D

Edit Edit: Oh, also forgot to mention that I'm not fond that they recycled the environment. Even if they changed the skybox and retextured everything. I want to see completely new environments. :(

(I'm about 2 hours in).

sn00zer

That's Yharnam.
I'm not sure if you fully explored the first area or not, but near the pizza cutter one of the shell monsters will fall out of nowhere. well now we know it falls from the final area .
Oh shit....that is very cool
also
The summoned hunter who drops bloody clothes....how do you finish his "quest" Ive only found him in two areas...also I assume he is the Cleric Beast

1upsuper

After many, many hours, I have finally defeated
Laurence
solo. Damn this feels good. Here are some of my strats, if anyone is as desperate as I was to kill this guy (NG+ level 120 with Ludwig Sword):

Lock on during his first form = bad time. I was almost constantly right up against him always circling around him clockwise, unless I really needed to GTFO to heal. But leaving when you're close to him is pretty scary. Learning to dodge his three consecutive hits with his big hand consistently will really help.

For his second form, I took it super slow and played the long game. I used bolt paper constantly and only attacked once or twice when he did his fire spew. Didn't risk attacking under any other circumstances. I would also never lock on, and I'd always keep my eye on the arena. I would always try to be in the bigger half of the arena in order to maximize my space for when he does that terrible multislash bumrush. Whenever he'd do it I'd bait him to walk against the right wall and when he'd finish, I'd run around to the left over to the side with more space. If I was lucky he'd do fire spew right away and I could run to his left, get a hit or two in, and then book it. If you can get this strategy down, it's not very hard, just a matter of smart spacing and not screwing up, which is a serious factor when you're going so slow.

Now that I've done everything in the DLC, I loved it. The three new areas are great, though perhaps a bit on the easy side? Honestly the first area gave me the hardest time, and they progressively got easier from there. The first and optional bosses gave me the hardest time. The first one felt like a really great boss design, but the optional boss wasn't as good, IMO. The highlight is definitely the abundance of new weapons. The church pick and Rakuyo are great for skill oriented builds like mine, but I'm itching to make a strength and arcane build for the rest of them. Great DLC overall.

silva1991

Oh shit....that is very cool
also
The summoned hunter who drops bloody clothes....how do you finish his "quest" Ive only found him in two areas...also I assume he is the Cleric Beast

The two you encountered are probably the one on the bridge and the second near the shell monsters right? the third one should be at the bottom of the area where you encountered the first one on the bridge. the last one is in the underground cell right after the first boss.

sn00zer

The two you encountered are probably the one on the bridge and the second near the shell monsters right? the third one should be at the bottom of the area where you encountered the first one on the bridge. the last one is in the underground cell right after the first boss.

Thanks I assume the last one unlocks after the third battle?

naeS

Any one fighting
Laurence
? Looking for 1 more cooperator. Will return the favor if needed.

Using the GAF password.

Vire

Can someone please help me with these shark fish jerks in the well? The game doesn't seem to let me use the bell here?

Afrocious

Question: Where the hell is the well anyway? I passed by one way back when I entered the Fishing village where this shaman dude was blasting me with spells, but I didn't think to check it....

Top Bottom