• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Endo Punk

I would love if the new enemies also get sprinkled throughout the main game either with NG+ or though high insight. It would be a shame if these awesome foes are just relegated to dlc area.

Hale_C

Just defeated
Orphan of Kos.

Such an amazing boss fight. I really love these smaller more humanoid one on one fights in Bloodborne or even when there are beasts I prefer fights like BSB. It is when BB's combat mechanics really really shine IMO. The dash and slash combat really feels satisfying. This DLC is just delivering on all fronts.

If someone could answer the following questions I would be grateful

How do I go to the next area from that boss fight?

and how do I trigger the optional boss fight
fire version of cleric beast
?

Fantastic DLC that really makes one of the greatest games of all time a whole lot better.

Sadly you're at the end... no next area. Explanation for Laurence is a bit more complex, I suggest a google...

Eusis

I want to take on F
ishing Hamlet
in a bit and want to make sure I have some summons. NG+, just use the usual PW?

Croc

Banned
Hm, for some reason I can't get online in BB, PSN seems to be fine- anyone else having any issues?

edit: UK

I'm having the same issue right now in the US. It was saying couldn't connect to the BB server earlier, but now it's just saying Network Error.

Hale_C

Really?? Nooooooo :(

I wanted more... That was quicker than I expected. I will google for Laurence then. Thanks!

Heh, yeah, I'm sort of glad I knew that boss was the end otherwise I'd have ended up disappointed too. NG+ (++++) next eh?

And also I still can't get online.

The Flash

Banned
Ok awesome guys. Just bought it!

g7XsWzB.png

Edzi

Should I be dodging left or right during OoK's second form? I've been trying right since that worked on his first form, but these new attacks seem to stay out for much longer.

Also, is fishing for backstabs a good idea with the second form, or should I just stick to quick hits while dodging?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anecdotal evidence. They haven't changed the hitboxes.

Hmm? Maybe how wonky bloodborne can be at times is throwing me off.

Went from DeS --> DS -> DS2 -> BB -> DS2 ps4 and it feels way nicer now than BB did.

The best boss fights in BB blows DS2's bosses away for the most part though by far

Anyways enough of that I'll stop distracting from the thread from being about BB :p It just urks me when people tell people to skip DS2

duxstar

Should I be dodging left or right during OoK's second form? I've been trying right since that worked on his first form, but these new attacks seem to stay out for much longer.

Also, is fishing for backstabs a good idea with the second form, or should I just stick to quick hits while dodging?

Parrying works on both forms , I wish I had more advice but I kinda just got him to second form and then dodged and got in shots when I could In second form.

Facism

That went well lol. Calling it a night.

Bait the attack then gift and run. Get valtyr in the fight,too. He'll attract enough attention to get you through to phase 2 if you have another player there

I just played with a guy called demir? That wasn't you?

IKizzLE

Bait the attack then gift and run. Get valtyr in the fight,too. He'll attract enough attention to get you through to phase 2 if you have another player there

Nope lol. Psn name is my gaf name. No worries. If anyone wants to help me out on Laurence ng+, that would be great. Password is GAFHUNT. Right in front of the fog.
Level 160 with MLB +10.

Arkeband

Banned

That was me. Sorry, I had changed my pass since everyone else was using GAFHUNT.

Also got combo'ed... :(

Jombie

omg yessss, finally beat those shark well fuckers!

I raged at those assholes more than I did at any of the bosses. At one point, I killed the anchor-wielder and the other glitched and disappeared.

I think I had 5 deaths from the bosses.

Edzi

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLY BEAT OOK SOLO ON NG+++

PARRIES FOR DAYS

Goddamn, I'm shaking.

Hypron

Yep, thanks! :D

Went a bit conservative near the end and just started throwing brews at it for ~400 apiece while you danced around it.

Yeah that was a pretty good strategy! As the host surviving should always be your first priority haha :p

I got hit a bit too much by the lava but overall it wasn't too bad.

Top Bottom