• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm gonna need some help with
Laurence
on NG+, I run out of blood vials during the last phase and his health + defense is just nonsense.

Password is 1800GAF if anyone's down.

Afrocious

Alright fine, I'll check the well. It didn't look like I could go in but oh well. Hopefully that giant fuck nearby doesn't aggro.

At any rate, there are three pics that describe the dlc so far to me:

bojack-horseman-tv-review.jpg

latest

jaws-artimg.jpg

Do you know what the problem is when the game say "you don't meet the conditions to join the dungeon" ?

You need to create a dungeon with the same offerings to access shared dungeons with the shame conditions, I recommed creating a Phtumeru Ihyll dungeon with all 3 offerings so you can access to every shared dungeon on that chalice.

Hale_C

I just defeated Laurence on my first shot. He was honestly a cakewalk compared to the other DLC boss fights.

Gah! What's your NG, level etc? I'm yet to beat him, finished the rest of the DLC but I'm taking a break before getting back to him. So much health and I can only chip chip away... NG+ 120 here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I am a big fan of Dark Souls 2, and even more of Scholar, but they certainly did not fix the hitboxes on a lot of moves. The problem was certainly overstated due to the confusion surrounding adaptability, but even in Scholar there are just downright confusing moves that must have been untested or something.

Another poster mentioned the Hippo grabs- I am not sure why that thing has a hitbox within a thousand feet of the damn enemy. Also, that was a particularly bad choice because everyone sees the Hippo 5 minutes into their gameplay, which almost immediately soured people who couldn't dodge the move due to a combination of low adaptability and poor hitboxing.
In the original it was almost impossible to ever weave under a lot or stand right next to the side of attacks on a lot of enemies, barring some exceptions, specially humanoid. In the Scholar version I rarely ever got hit by stuff that actually had a pixel distance away from my character that on the ps3 version when I was nowhere near it would still get hit by, and I'm not talking about rolls

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

While I'm at it, where am I supposed to enter a password if I want to help someone ? We have to be in the PS4 friend list ?

(I'm NG+6 but I've never bothered with those functionnalities >_<)

ZeroX03

Banned
Gah! What's your NG, level etc? I'm yet to beat him, finished the rest of the DLC but I'm taking a break before getting back to him. So much health and I can only chip chip away... NG+ 120 here.

NG+, I'm around 150. I can help you out if you like.

In the original it was almost impossible to ever weave under a lot or stand right next to the side of attacks on a lot of enemies, barring some exceptions, specially humanoid. In the Scholar version I rarely ever got hit by stuff that actually had a pixel distance away from my character that on the ps3 version when I was nowhere near it would still get hit by, and I'm not talking about rolls

Anecdotal evidence. They haven't changed the hitboxes.

dralla

Mother of God I did it. After like 3-4 hours, Ludwig is down on NG++, solo. I played it so much that it got to the point where I would usually finish the first phase without getting touched. Seriously, F that guy. It would be a great boss fight if he was nerfed a little.

Hypron

Anyone still needs some help for anything?

I haven't cooped in a long time and I need some excuse to play this game instead of doing some actual work :p

Okay guys, I made that chalice dungeons with 3 blood rocks available.

Glyph: qkq698ii

Thanks man gonna try it out later. Have a feeling I don't have the materials for the chalice though haha. I'm playing on my second character, who I didn't do as much dungeons with.

Game4life

Banned
Just defeated
Orphan of Kos.

Such an amazing boss fight. I really love these smaller more humanoid one on one fights in Bloodborne or even when there are beasts I prefer fights like BSB. It is when BB's combat mechanics really really shine IMO. The dash and slash combat really feels satisfying. This DLC is just delivering on all fronts.

If someone could answer the following questions I would be grateful

How do I go to the next area from that boss fight?

and how do I trigger the optional boss fight
fire version of cleric beast
?

Whats the general consensus GAF? amazing? disappointing? worth getting?

Fantastic DLC that really makes one of the greatest games of all time a whole lot better.

Top Bottom