• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Edzi

So can I do anything with the black ghost on Kos aside from killing it? Also, what does killing it do? I still have to beat the optional boss, so I don't want to accidentally lock myself out of the DLC area.

FINALLY beat those sharks. The hardest part is definitely the shark with the anchor. Once you kill that one, just don't lock on to the other one and run around in circles, getting a hit or two whenever he dives.

Naite

Let me know if the rocks drop from the boss, or if it's random. But, the chalice works. Good job.

Unfortunately I only got blood chunks from chests and bosses. I think I might've already gotten a rock from Pthumeru in this playthrough though.

On the bright side, I learned how easy it is to get visceral's on Bloodletting Beast with boom hammer's running R2 attack.

Eusis

Sorry, used Beckoning Bell earlier rather than Small Resonant Bell, so I got someone for myself. I am for using that to generally deal with the well however.

Hypron

Someone with a moonlight blade joined me and died :(

Going back to the hut to ring.

Zero, Stay right there

Pass GAF

Sorry that scrub was me D:

I'm ringing again and will be more careful this time haha

Edit: what, now I'm an invader instead of a helper @_@

Edit 2: it was someone else (and I got wrecked, I'm not good at that pvp thing)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Grinding through Chalice Dungeons to get some decent damage in NG+ has 90% soured me on finishing this DLC.

Hypron

Afrocious, I reckon let's go through the second village and unlock the back way to the shark pit. It's faster that way.

So can I do anything with the black ghost on Kos aside from killing it? Also, what does killing it do? I still have to beat the optional boss, so I don't want to accidentally lock myself out of the DLC area.

Kill if, you'll get a cutscene and won't be locked out of the DLC

mrmyhthef

Fairly sure that's the only option.

Optional boss is the flaming cleric beast where you got the eye pendant. You need to grab the item where the elevator to the research hall was first though.

Conezays

Just beat the DLC. Overall, I really liked it; haven't played much of the game since launch and appreciated the improvements in load times and some minor frame rate stuff. Wasn't as huge as DS2's DLC, but not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things. It had some great boss fights and added nicely to the lore of the game.

Edzi

So what was the new dialogue the Doll was supposed to say after ending the nightmare? I talked to her and didn't notice anything new.

Naite

So I just learned using the forward+R2 with beast claws with the new beast rune can work like a backstab even though its not a charged attack. Just did it against OoK

Fhtagn

I'm never gonna beat Laurence......sigh.

Have you watched a video of someone soloing him? I had to in order to get a clear sense of the safe times to attack. Here's my vid of winning. Note I'm on NG+ here and have both a shitload of health (70 VIT and a 10% health rune) and a strong fire defense rune on, so I survived at least one leap attack early on that would have OHKO'ed me otherwise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7v3p8QoYc

Basically it boils down to this:
keep middle-close during the first phase, let him combo and then punish. Use transformation attacks and combo him into being stunned to maintain the window to attack. In the second phase keep further away to manipulate his attack pattern and then punish the fire spitting. Hit him in the face when you can. Wear high fire defense armor and the rune to make the lava and splash damage almost negligible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Guess I should help people beat lud, I didn't find him too bad. xD

First form = cripple his legs from the side
Second form = backdoor bandit him all day

IKizzLE

Have you watched a video of someone soloing him? I had to in order to get a clear sense of the safe times to attack. Here's my vid of winning. Note I'm on NG+ here and have both a shitload of health (70 VIT and a 10% health rune) and a strong fire defense rune on, so I survived at least one leap attack early on that would have OHKO'ed me otherwise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7v3p8QoYc

Basically it boils down to this:
keep middle-close during the first phase, let him combo and then punish. Use transformation attacks and combo him into being stunned to maintain the window to attack. In the second phase keep further away to manipulate his attack pattern and then punish the fire spitting. Hit him in the face when you can. Wear high fire defense armor and the rune to make the lava and splash damage almost negligible.
My issue comes from his second form and not being able to do damage safely. Maybe my weapon is too slow?

Eusis

I need to reach this hut so I think I'll just abandon helping for the well and go there. Going to use the standard PW quote to see

Top Bottom