• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Edzi

Wow, Laurence isn't fun at all. Half of his attacks have such a wide range that they actually hit behind him, and his health is ridiculously high. You really lose motivation quickly when you see your +10 Holy Blade barely take any life off of him.

My issue comes from his second form and not being able to do damage safely. Maybe my weapon is too slow?

You mean when he
Loses half of his body and leaks lava everywhere?
If so, there is a safe time if you can only melee, and that's when he
starts to spew lava at you, he'll remain stationary for a while
. That's the safest at least. At that stage he can usually one shot you with his huge swipe. Which I why I like to range only at that phase.

IKizzLE

You mean when he
Loses half of his body and leaks lava everywhere?
If so, there is a safe time if you can only melee, and that's when he
starts to spew lava at you, he'll remain stationary for a while
. That's the safest at least. At that stage he can usually one shot you with his huge swipe. Which I why I like to range only at that phase.
Yup, that stage. It's that one shot that has caught me around 15 times now. Every co op partner I've had has also died in that spot.

Zocano

Started the DLC again on my NG++++ character (I think that's how many +'s I'm in? Might be 5) and dominated the first boss.

It's a shame, once your stats are high enough, Saw cleaver kind of becomes the de facto weapon of choice. I'm not getting enough DPS with the kirkhammer and saw cleaver just wrecked shop in all cases.

Vire

Got all the trophies for the DLC and now I'm super sad there's nothing new ever coming to this game again.

Damn... :(

Edzi

If anyone wants to help me get rid of Laurence (NG+++) I'm waiting by the fog gate (GAFHUNT). I just wanna get this fight over with.

Albino Weasel

Neo Member
Can anyone help me with OoK? I feel like I've been throwing myself against a wall for two days. I'm level 180, BTW. Using the GAFHUNT password.

Edzi

Can anyone help me with OoK? I feel like I've been throwing myself against a wall for two days. I'm level 180, BTW. Using the GAFHUNT password.

At that level, I'm assuming you're on NG+++ish, right? What helped me was parries. Lots and lots of parries. I managed to do it solo, but I'm not sure how helpful coop would be in that fight tbh.

konjak

If anyone wants to help me get rid of Laurence (NG+++) I'm waiting by the fog gate (GAFHUNT). I just wanna get this fight over with.

I could try, but I'm not sure if I'll be somewhat weak. I've been fighting it, helping others for a few hours tonight, hah

Albino Weasel

Neo Member
At that level, I'm assuming you're on NG+++ish, right? What helped me was parries. Lots and lots of parries. I managed to do it solo, but I'm not sure how helpful coop would be in that fight tbh.

I've had a lot of luck helping others just by having someone aggro him so I can do a charged R2 to get a visceral. Well, up until the second form. Parries have always been the bane of my existence in this game.

Edzi

Nice attempt ZeroXZ03, but that swipe is too strong. I died 10 seconds after you. :(

I'll be ringing again once I reach the fog gate.

MechaX

Fishing Hamlet is... definitely an interesting place.

I passed up the well for now thankfully, and got as far as unlocking the elevator short cut. I was about to play more, but then I heard a brain lady signing in the distance and promptly turned the game off. I am absolutely not ready to deal with that shit right now.

IKizzLE

Holy fucking SHIT. FINALLY!!!

Two people joined by bell ringing (Su Yu and Vargo?!? something) and they both died in the first phase and I was like welp....this is going to be impossible.

Ended up using 19 vials and 18 bullets from my moonlight and after about 20 tries, FINALLY. Jesus, Laurence is easily the hardest boss in all of bloodborne.

zma1013

Sorry amazingbdg, momentary distraction and I didn't realize what move he was doing and I got hit. Normally doesn't happen.

Holy fucking SHIT. FINALLY!!!

Two people joined by bell ringing (Su Yu and Vargo?!? something) and they both died in the first phase and I was like welp....this is going to be impossible.

Ended up using 19 vials and 18 bullets from my moonlight and after about 20 tries, FINALLY. Jesus, Laurence is easily the hardest boss in all of bloodborne.

Lawrence was pretty easy imo. His combos are telegraphed and with the proper fire gear, the boss can be a cakewalk. imo OoK is the hardest because its second phase is difficult to track with all the things happening trying to kill you. Its bascially like fighting Nito except really fast.

Top Bottom