• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Soriku

Yeah, it's making me think it might have been more practical to roll a new character like I usually like to do and go into the DLC with her rather than my original guy.

I think if you don't play it on NG+ you'd be missing out on the experience the rest of us had, ha.

storafötter;187127915 said:
Keep distance when he does his beam, but keep close and dodge his first two swipes and hit before he does his third. Repeat while running in circles.
What do you do when hes up on the roof? He always seems to drop-shot ohko me no matter how hard I try to dodge....

IKizzLE

Lawrence was pretty easy imo. His combos are telegraphed and with the proper fire gear, the boss can be a cakewalk. imo OoK is the hardest because its second phase is difficult to track with all the things happening trying to kill you. Its bascially like fighting Nito except really fast.

The fact that you can parry Kos automatically makes the fight that much easier. Also, at 160, Laurence was the only of the 5 bosses that could kill me in a 1,2 combo off one mistake. With Kos, your given a lot of room to fuck up and bounce right back.

Afrocious

Orphan of Kos
was legit the easiest boss of the DLC outside of
Living Failures.

I agree with Zocano that the endgame of that fight should've been more showy. The intro was great though.

wiibomb

my goodness... this DLC.... it is really hard.. I'm at lv 90+ and these two hunters are wrecking me hard above the first boss

and I'm just on NG!!

Afrocious

Yeah
Orphan
couldn't stand up against my blunderbuss. If you can take on
Maria
then you can stand up to
Orphan
as long as you keep on your toes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Please tell me who I was just helping beat ludwig, I can't believe I died to the plain as day attack when he was almost dead x.x

Curufinwe

Thanks to whoever it was here he helped me beat Ludwig. I just barely managed to finish him off after using all 20 normal vials and Iosefka's blood.

Haha... You were dominating the fight and hardly getting hit, and then all of a sudden you were dead and I was sure that was it for me.

Game4life

Banned
So I finished the DLC and just now got to the optional boss and for the first and only time in the DLC I have a complaint. This boss just sucks. It seems so lazy to just reskin the first BB boss like this. That boss adds nothing to the game. After Ludwig ( one of the best bosses in Sousborne ) this fight just feels like trash.

Holy crap. ShikiAoi and Mpror79, you two are lifesavers. Thank you so much for helping me finally finish off OoK.

You made it?

tumblr_inline_nycv44euVu1tgrx63_500.gif

Thank god I died pretty bad there.

my goodness... this DLC.... it is really hard.. I'm at lv 90+ and these two hunters are wrecking me hard above the first boss

and I'm just on NG!!

If you are having trouble, lead the sword user down into the cells, you can get some easy cheese hits by getting them all trapped up in the cell doors and stuff

Vire

So I finished the DLC and just now got to the optional boss and for the first and only time in the DLC I have a complaint. This boss just sucks. It seems so lazy to just reskin the first BB boss like this. That boss adds nothing to the game. After Ludwig ( one of the best bosses in Sousborne ) this fight just feels like trash.
At least the second form is new, but yeah I agree it's the worst thing in the DLC.

konjak

Looks can be deceiving

EDIT: Apparently I am rarer in finding it going increasingly its own thing great. Like a trick. It starts doing new things a third into the lifebar, to be fair. If they replaced the frame of the 3D model it would've been a new boss to people, I'm sure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks to whoever it was here he helped me beat Ludwig. I just barely managed to finish him off after using all 20 normal vials and Iosefka's blood.

Haha... You were dominating the fight and hardly getting hit, and then all of a sudden you were dead and I was sure that was it for me.

I forgot that move tracks THEN shoots. So I was just strafing like normal thinking I was fine by the time I started to dodge to GTFO it was too late ate the tip of it hard

Edit: I'll be around ludwig helping for about another 30 minutes.

Fhtagn

Lawrence was pretty easy imo. His combos are telegraphed and with the proper fire gear, the boss can be a cakewalk. imo OoK is the hardest because its second phase is difficult to track with all the things happening trying to kill you. Its bascially like fighting Nito except really fast.

Maybe on NG this is the case but on NG+ he could one hit kill me with 70 VIT and had multiple two hit kill combos and a particularly hard to dodge three hit kill swipe sequence. The proper fire gear makes the second form much more manageable but it's the physical damage he deals that's most likely to kill you. It's hard to find a safe opening because of how aggressive he is.

I got OoK down in 10 tries and Larry was maybe 25? I lost count.

Afrocious

Maybe on NG this is the case but on NG+ he could one hit kill me with 70 VIT and had multiple two hit kill combos and a particularly hard to dodge three hit kill swipe sequence. The proper fire gear makes the second form much more manageable but it's the physical damage he deals that's most likely to kill you. It's hard to find a safe opening because of how aggressive he is.

I got OoK down in 10 tries and Larry was maybe 25? I lost count.

Oh fuck, I gotta start calling him Larry. Oh man that's perfect

Fhtagn

It's such a different fight than the cleric beast. Way more complicated moveset, way more aggressive, totally new second phase.

I also am pretty fond of the symmetry of having had Cleric Beast, an optional boss, be the first boss I killed in Bloodborne and a brutally hard, different version of that fight as an optional boss that I killed last.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Damn sorry I died I'm not used to the second phase.

I'm back at the lamp if you want to give it another go.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn sorry I died I'm not used to the second phase.

I'm back at the lamp if you want to give it another go.

Yeah I'll keep going til you get your clear.

I just have to go back and restock every death my build is resource heavy lol

But it's amazing for "tanking"

Game4life

Banned
It's such a different fight than the cleric beast. Way more complicated moveset, way more aggressive, totally new second phase.

I also am pretty fond of the symmetry of having had Cleric Beast, an optional boss, be the first boss I killed in Bloodborne and a brutally hard, different version of that fight as an optional boss that I killed last.

Yeah the second phase is new but the first phase is essentially just a repeat but this time with fire and more damage! I dont know. It just feels lazy to me. Coming of the exhilarating final boss fight in the DLC, this seems so tame and boring by comparison.

Koobion

OoK is testing my sanity :( No problem with phase 1, but he is so strong and aggressive in phase 2 that I can't seem to find enough openings.

Top Bottom