• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

If I killed Amelia before I bought the DLC, am I screwed or can I just go to the alter afterwords?

You can go after you killed her, no worries.

At the cost of your health, though. Ludwig's Holy Blade offers you massive damage in two handed mode at no drawback. :/

Chikage and Blades of Mercy both have their situational benefits, and are superior PVP options, but LHB is like a freight train in PVE.

The point of the Chikage is fast, strong burst of damage then return to its normal state as fast as possible, if you stay to much on its transformed mode you are doing it wrong.

Do I have to get grabbed by the amygdala if I want to access the nightmare? I warped back to the dream and it's not listed on any of the warp gravestones

As far as I heard in this thread here is a extra tombstone unlocked afer you reach a Lamp on the DLC

Fhtagn

If anyone wants to co-op dungeons while we wait for the DLC to unlock, I'm searching for a bell with the GAF code in the first post of this thread. Summon me!

SRTtoZ

Sweet ill be playing with the Gaf PW all night once it unlocks for me in a few hours. I just need to kill Vicar and am hoping to do that before it unlocks.

The DLC is soo good, still exploring the first area, so I have yet to fight a real boss, although there have been already a couple of "surprises".

At the cost of your health, though. Ludwig's Holy Blade offers you massive damage in two handed mode at no drawback. :/

Chikage and Blades of Mercy both have their situational benefits, and are superior PVP options, but LHB is like a freight train in PVE.

You should have seen how I destroyed Father G and Amelia with the Chikage on NG+.

Properly used it can do a lot of damage, it's L1 to R1 transformation attack is deadly.

So what are the STR weapons in the DLC?

There's a couple at least already in the starting area, just explore it and you'll find them.

SRTtoZ

My first playthrough was done with LHB all the way but man I have such a sweet spot for the Kirkhammer.

Vire

You should be able to just go to the alter anytime after you beat Vicar, then back to the hunters dream to get the item.

You can go after you killed her, no worries.

As far as I heard in this thread here is a extra tombstone unlocked afer you reach a Lamp on the DLC

Danke!

CUihVThWcAEk3oL.png

All set. :)

gunstarhero

My first playthrough was done with LHB all the way but man I have such a sweet spot for the Kirkhammer.

I wound up beating it with LHB as well, but the KH is still my fav. Hoping the new hammer in the DLC is just as good - will absolutely make that my main in NG+ if it is.

gogosox82

Decided to upload videos of boss fights to YT. Won't be writing names on the links for obvious reasons. Hopefully none of you are using embed videos here.

First boss
Second boss
Third boss

edit.

It is never locked away from you if you mean that. You really can't miss it though if you progress in the story.

Is this on ng or ng+? And god I hope we can get either the gear or the weapon that third boss had. Looked really bad ass.

Everything is dropping Blood Vials. Certainly lends credence to the whole
blood-drunk
thing. I'm not very far. Unlocked a big shortcut right at the start. Noped the fuck past the
river of blood. Seriously From? You knew people hated those bloodlickers, so you fill an area with them?!

blood-drunk
thing. I'm not very far. Unlocked a big shortcut right at the start. Noped the fuck past the
river of blood. Seriously From? You knew people hated those bloodlickers, so you fill an area with them?!

They have a different, an easier, moveset than the ones in cainhurst

Still a pain in the ass.

myco666

blood-drunk

They seem to be easier though. Atleast my LW grinds them to the ground.

Persona7

Banned
Getting suckers to roll off the edge while invading right near the bridge by the forbidden woods lamp is incredibly easy. This is what I am doing while waiting lol

gogosox82

Oh shit

BB Spoilers
Do i need to kill the Hunter at the end of the Eileen quest?

You don't have to but you won't finish her quest if you don't. If you just want her gear/weapons you could just kill her and it will appear in the shop when you go back to the dream.

I have (early boss)
Ludwig's first form pretty nailed down I think, Moonlight Sword form is gonna take a bit now too.

Tip:
I found success dodging the delayed jump by rolling a shitload.

To those playing the DLC, do all the new areas connect to each other organically like the locations in and around Yharman do in the main game?

Tried it a little bit and damn it's awesome. These new enemies, I'm REALLY loving them. Fighting seems much more intense and challenging and in one of the few early encounters quite chaotic which was much much more intriguing than the usual encounters of the base game.

And I haven't seen much but the name of the new location coupled with the headstone and that item description already points at some interesting stuff about the lore.

Only played until the first shortcut cause as I said I first need to finish my AC:S playthrough so I can dive completely into DLC. So for now, I'm off to that.

aly

I've been struggling in the DLC, but at least it's fun. Right after first Boss:
Put on some Church armor as a chest piece for new dialogue before talking to Ludwig. It's really cool.

BumRush

Currently working my way through Defiled for the platinum...but it's a chore. Should I take a breather for the DLC

Also, I'm sure it's already been said, but reviews are starting to come out. IGN gave it an
8.0, praising it but saying it didn't introduce 'new ideas'. Who wants new ideas? We just want more bloodborne!

Arttemis

To import the complete version, get the digital complete edition, or just buy the DLC and continue using the disc. I'd much rather do either of the first two.

Top Bottom