• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I have never pre-ordered on psn so I have a question: right now there is a countdown for when the game is playable. Does that mean I have bought the dlc already? or will I be charged when the game actually unlocks at 12? And also there isnt pre-loading for this dlc right?

Persona7

Banned
I have never pre-ordered on psn so I have a question: right now there is a countdown for when the game is playable. Does that mean I have bought the dlc already? or will I be charged when the game actually unlocks at 12? And also there isnt pre-loading for this dlc right?

You are charged as soon as you place the pre-order. Try checking your game library and see if Bloodborne shows "add-ons" on the icon and click it. If you see the DLC and the timer then you own it.

Also, make sure your copy of Bloodborne is fully updated and you will be good to go as soon as it unlocks because the DLC was included in the patch that came out a few days ago.

Rozart

Ughhh I can't wait to sink my teeth into BB again. It's been too long. Going to be one looong day at work today.

Still contemplating on whether I should start with my NG or NG+ character (i.e. the one with the yharnam stone).

So far, yes.

(Heavy breathing)

Aces&Eights

West Coast doing that 9pm unlock thing like new releases, right? Got the week off from work and pretty Fallout 4'd out so this is going to hit the spot for a few days.

So my skill character is lvl 155 on NG+++ hope that's high enough lol. Also I've seen the weapons. Which one(s) are for a skill build?

Giever

Question: how easy is it to discover access to the DLC bits? I'd like to avoid spoiling myself on the location/way to do it and start a new character and just stumble across it via exploration. Is it really easy to miss/would I have to read how to do it? Or can I naturally find it myself? Is it harder than, like, finding Cainhurst, for instance? That took me awhile, but I did find it w/ a little help from my SO.

Is the DLC content something that should be saved for end-game, or pick right up once available? I ask because I've been reading that its pretty dang hard, also interested if there are lore implications that should be played out in a certain order.

You are charged as soon as you place the pre-order. Try checking your game library and see if Bloodborne shows "add-ons" on the icon and click it. If you see the DLC and the timer then you own it.

Also, make sure your copy of Bloodborne is fully updated and you will be good to go as soon as it unlocks because the DLC was included in the patch that came out a few days ago.

Thank you! Cant wait to hunt some beasts in 2 an 1/2 hours

Question: how easy is it to discover access to the DLC bits? I'd like to avoid spoiling myself on the location/way to do it and start a new character and just stumble across it via exploration. Is it really easy to miss/would I have to read how to do it? Or can I naturally find it myself? Is it harder than, like, finding Cainhurst, for instance? That took me awhile, but I did find it w/ a little help from my SO.

It's pretty easy, much easier than unlocking the Dark Souls 1 DLC. I'd even say its more straightforward than the DS2 ones (in the Scholar version anyway) due to the item you need basically being handed to you as opposed to having to be found.

There is only one part that might seem illogical but it's something you have to do to reach a different special area in the game so it's not entirely out of the question.

Egg0

Banned
Loaded up my last save to see where I'm at. I guess I just beat Father G. in NG+.

Hopefully I'll be at a state where I can access the DLC by the time it launches.

Giever

It's pretty easy, much easier than unlocking the Dark Souls 1 DLC. I'd even say its more straightforward than the DS2 ones (in the Scholar version anyway) due to the item you need basically being handed to you as opposed to having to be found.

There is only one part that might seem illogical but it's something you have to do to reach a different special area in the game so it's not entirely out of the question.

Alright, I'll give it a try, thanks for the input!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I totally forgot about this, I won't be getting it any time soon but I will at some point.

Jombie

'Second' boss --
why they felt the need to include Celestial Emissary 2.0, I don't know, the other bosses look great.

Yessss GAF I just finished up the chalice dungeons for the second time this year lol. Just need the all weapons trophy (not sure what I'm missing) and I'll have the Plat... again. Cannot wait to jump into the DLC.

robo_qwop

Can anyone tell me if the new weapons start at an upgraded level, similar to the weapons foung in the DS2 DLC, or if they start at zero?

'Second' boss --
why they felt the need to include Celestial Emissary 2.0, I don't know, the other bosses look great.

I just finished it. I dunno, I liked it. It's a retread but the execution is much better.

the meteor shower summon looked fucking gorgeous

Mman235

Do any of the new weapons dethrone LHB as the most ludicrously overpowered weapon?

I'm one of those people who can't justify using anything else because literally nothing can even touch the damage output of the LHB. But I'm so sick of using it. Jesus Christ, it clips through almost every single outfit.

But, like, I can do 400 damage with a Saw Spear or I can do 650 with LHB at the same speed. Please give me another weapon that even comes close.

While it'll be hard to beat weapons like LHB for sheer braindead effectiveness from what I've experienced it already seems like the DLC weapons will be more varied and interesting to use overall.

I'm not strong enough to make much real progress in the DLC yet but I've suicided to find some weapons to try out in the main game and both the Beast Cutter and Whirligig Saw are powerful and have made me use just about every unique attack they have depending on the situation. To be fair the former is based on the Threaded Cane which was already one of the better weapons from an interesting trick weapon standard, but I think the BC is almost flat-out better as you trade speed (and mostly in non-whip mode anyway) for a boost to damage and range (BC whip mode R2's have ridiculous range), which are the areas you want that weapon type to excel in.

Squishy3

Alright, beat Vicar Amelia and all ready for the DLC. There were like 10 other people fighting her while I was fighting her lol. The thirst is real

(Or they were fighting Crow Lady, I guess)

Azzanadra

OMG I picked the perfect time to get a PS4. Since September when I got it, I have been switching between MGSV and Bloodborne, and then TW3 DLC when it came out on PC, as well as The Evil Within.... basically I never actually finished Bloodborne because I was switching between so many games. I am at Cainhurst right now, just beat Rom..... does that mean I can play the DLC without any issues now (or in the future) or am I way over-leveled for it? Because I heard the requirement is beating the Vicar, but that felt like so long ago...

Persona7

Banned
I am preparing to invade the beginning area of the DLC for a few hours instead of actually playing through it. Or alternatively, play through it and then invade near the more difficult parts.

0XZYt4j.gif

I made three new characters for this

Praise the Moonlight

Seriously, the sword is like a Ludwig except you get the 2H mode in the 1H mode and the 2H mode is a MLGS except that the projectiles don't use durability. You get an amazing thrust attack in both modes too.

I'm pretty much done leveling this character but straight up I'm tempted to start dumping mad points into Arcane. This thing is amazing.

tldr; it's a Ludwig's Holy Blade but better

PigzFly

Just took a look at the trophies for the expansion and
it's a little disappointing. I was kind of hoping that there would be more than just boss kills.

Question for anyone that has finished it, I need to know:
the hatch in Byrgenwerth... was it used?

I am preparing to invade the beginning area of the DLC for a few hours instead of actually playing through it. Or alternatively, play through it and then invade near the more difficult parts.

0XZYt4j.gif

I made three new characters for this
You bastard. You probably trolled in the Nightmare of Mensis too.

Then I have no idea why you aren't getting the platinum. Which is the trophy you're missing?

Hunter's Essence. I've compared my list to several required lists but it isn't happenin'

Try going to the messenger bath and purchasing another saw cleaver, hunter axe and threaded cane if the trophy is glitched.

Holy total shit, buying the threaded cane again worked. Like, I love all of you right now, but I love Persona7 the most.

Thanks all! Was able to get the Platinum again RIGHT BEFORE getting into the DLC. Perfect timing. Rock on. Praise the moon.

Top Bottom