• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Praise the Moonlight

Seriously, the sword is like a Ludwig except you get the 2H mode in the 1H mode and the 2H mode is a MLGS except that the projectiles don't use durability. You get an amazing thrust attack in both modes too.

I'm pretty much done leveling this character but straight up I'm tempted to start dumping mad points into Arcane. This thing is amazing.

tldr; it's a Ludwig's Holy Blade but better

Thats true, I wasnt expecting much but i absolutely love the movest. Tough i'd say its not the best weapon to use for the final boss

Just to be clear what happened with me. I assumed I had 1.07 when I threw in my Bloodborne disc around 10pm. Turns out I didn't so I downloaded that and it completed around 11:30. As it struck midnight I saw a little notification that the theme you get for preordering was available to use. Started up BB and the DLC was unlocked as well.

Thats true, I wasnt expecting much but i absolutely love the movest. Tough i'd say its not the best weapon to use for the final boss

If it's a fight that requires snappy attacking it's probably not the greatest. Completely destroyed the third boss though. The non-trick charge attack does the same stun as Ludwig in 2H lol

Fletcher

Does this expansion make the camera in the game not god awful?

Bloodborne could've been a good game if that camera didn't suck ass.

Pat_DC

What made the camera so awful for you?

I didn't have too many problems though at first in tight boss fights it could get cramped until I got used to it and locking and unlocking.

Floody

It was fine 99% of the time to begin with, so yes. Just don't go under low hanging ledges and don't lock on to massive enemies if you're close.

Fletcher

What made the camera so awful for you?

I didn't have too many problems though at first in tight boss fights it could get cramped until I got used to it and locking and unlocking.

I found it would get caught on architecture and things too frequently, cutting off my view of things. It could be pulled back a bit, too.

First boss down after I don't know how many attempts, somewhere around 3-400 vials chugged. See if I can upload my video.

Welcome to Bloodborne.

Hype as fuck. Regret
skipping the cutscene in the middle on my successful attempt.

Think I used about 300 vials too lol

Mafro

So- do we want the legion rune active for the DLC? Does it help? Feel free to spoiler tag the response.
I think all it does is add a 2% increas in your HP when summoned into someone's game.

I've done up to just after the first boss so far. MY character is level 85 and it's quite a bit harder than I was expecting, I'm dying in two or three heavy hits from some of these hunter and that's with me putting a lot of points into health. After the first boss there's
a fight with two hunters at once and it feels like I'm barely doing any damage to them with my +10 Holy Blade.

Pat_DC

I found it would get caught on architecture and things too frequently, cutting off my view of things. It could be pulled back a bit, too.

Yep, I get what you mean. Did you get far into the game?

I had that happen a bit as well but just stuck with it until it clicked and learning when to lock on and off enemies helped as well. Glad I stuck with it, one of my favorite gaming experiences this gen so far.

dmr87

Hype as fuck. Regret
skipping the cutscene in the middle on my successful attempt.

Think I used about 300 vials too lol

Yea, I skipped it too.

O shit. Feeling kinda nervous now.

I'm at my 4th or 5th playthrough though, level 170ish. I don't know how much difference there are between NG and +'s in terms of difficulty either. I'm also stubborn with using my Blades of Mercy, less than ideal on most bosses, imo.

Soulflarz

Banned
Also hi I totally plan to run Q/A on this OT for my break

Not sure if anyone remembers me beating bloodborne in no time at all and basically answering every question in the first two OTs for like 5 days straight >__>

MilkBeard

Unlocks in 20 minutes for me, can't wait. I'm gonna go get some snacks and be prepared to die.

On a side note, I'm really happy with the 1.07 patch. Chalice dungeons have gone from being okay to being quite fun for doing co-op. It's really easy to get someone to join you now. I've had multiple people join me and I've joined parties multiple times now. Also it helps that the bell stays on even after you slaughter the boss. So when you advance to the next level (as long as you don't leave the dungeon) it will automatically search for a new co op partner.

EDIT: I'm currently level 73, which is perfect for the DLC. I've started to level up Arcane a tad just so I can use the arcane items if I want. I've also been leveling up the Tonitrus as a secondary weapon. Starting to get bored of the Ludwig Blade and can't wait to play with the new weapons. I want to try the bow.

Soriku

Fucking shit I'm trying to get to Amelia and the enemies keep wrecking me lol. Especially the werewolf looking motherfucker which has a crazy 4 hit combo. NG+ is no joke. The DLC...oh boy.

15 minutes to go, just waiting patiently.

tumblr_mnxjueKLI51rv4cqpo1_r1_500.gif

Man, I'm leaning towards Bloodborne as my favorite game this year. I can't think of a single complaint. I'm hoping to dive into this DLC once this semester is over.

BashNasty

Hmm, this is worrisome, I'm trying to purchase the DLC and it's telling me the product cannot be purchased at this time. Anyone else having this issue?

Top Bottom