• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

AzureFlame

If you guys having problem with summoning try to walk around the area and don't stand in your place, it always work with me when i go to the fog door till the traverse button appear then return.

1upsuper

If you guys having problem with summoning try to walk around the area and don't stand in your place, it always work with me when i go to the fog door till the traverse button appear then return.

I feel like something weird is going on. I've waited outside both Ls and OoK over the last hour and I've been unable to get summoned anywhere. I've tried restarting. I still see messengers and sillhouettes walking around.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Spent the time last night and beat the first boss and got dat swwwoooord omg so cool.

But GDAMN... L-buddy.. you jacked up.

(hilariously - i realized at around 12:30 that i had been running directly past the first shortcut over and over and over again. Found it and had a "god i'm dumb moment" only to get past those two Church Behemoth assholes in the next 20 minutes and find the first lantern. Dear. Lord. The relief.

Getting hyped now that i'm almost off work. Gonna go through that door and do thangs.

Edzi

I... I got him down to a couple hits... No vials left. And he swiped me.

Why

I think I've got the pattern though. Hang back until the lava spit, then run up to his right side (your left) and do one charged R2, then dodge out to avoid the swipe.

They're scary.
Edit: how much insight do you have? Lol

19 on me, over 100 in items. I won't be running out, lol.

Eusis

Beat OoK, thanks everyone!

And now I can't seem to help anyone else, so I guess that's it for the night. Wish there was more (obvious) lore stuff to use, I did notice that
there seems to be a city underwater, visible from within the hamlet but not the shore where Kos is. Part of the nightmare, or was there a civilization there beforehand that mirrored Yaharnam?

1upsuper

And now I can't seem to help anyone else, so I guess that's it for the night. Wish there was more (obvious) lore stuff to use, I did notice that
there seems to be a city underwater, visible from within the hamlet but not the shore where Kos is. Part of the nightmare, or was there a civilization there beforehand that mirrored Yaharnam?

I think that *is* Yharnam. I read someone speculate as such given that one snail enemy that falls in Yharnam that you later find in the Hamlet.

Sawneeks

Banned

It's been speculated that
The Hunter's Nightmare is layered. The corrupted Yaharnam is at the bottom and the Fishing Hamlet is at the top, right above the fake Yaharnam. It's why when you are about to get the Whirlgig Saw one of the Slug/Crab creatures falls out of the sky. So the city you would be seeing is actually Hunter's Nightmare Yaharnam!

edit: beaten like a hunter fighting ludwig

Left the game a few months ago...on NG+
Now im back for the dlc and cant get past the gaitling gun hunter, in the dark cave along the bloody river.... It seems i do no damage at all..
Im lvl 117....

myco666

Left the game a few months ago...on NG+
Now im back for the dlc and cant get past the gaitling gun hunter, in the dark cave along the bloody river.... It seems i do no damage at all..
Im lvl 117....

What are your stats? Is your weapon at +10 and with what gems? Level117 should be fine for NG+.

Edzi

I did it. Finally beat Laurence. Used Valtr to help take care of the first form, but managed to take care of the second form alone.

NG+++ DLC is complete. Though I'll probably try going through it again on my NG file just to see how different it is. Managed to take care of all the bosses either alone, or with some help from Valtr (who sadly perished both times he was used, during Ludwig's fight and Laurence's).

Thanks to Zero and fastmower for all the coop runs, they really helped.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man, I played through this game 3 full times, got the platinum and never really had much trouble. I finally picked up the DLC and made my way past Vicar to start the content on NG+++

Most of the enemies in the DLC start off standard enough, nothing to bad. Then I got to the first boss. Holy shit man, this guy hits so fucking hard. I have a huge health bar and this guy was just wrecking it. One shot kills on the charge or ceiling slam. I threw myself at him for quite a few hours tonight. Had to turn it off. Hell I even tried summoning the NPC hunter which I never do.
LLShC.gif

What are your stats? Is your weapon at +10 and with what gems? Level117 should be fanejaan for NG+.

Yep, using Hunter Axe +10
Gems: Cursed Tempering Blood (3), Nourish Damp Blood(4), Nourishing Blood Gemstones(9)
HP 1514
Stamina 144

All this time without playing, i feel i lost focus....Even tempted at starting from scratch..:(

zma1013

Two were drops from bosses on layer 3 and 4 and the last one is in a coffin on layer 4. You have to drop down the hole after the lamp and follow the path in the opposite direction to the courtyard.

Where is this coffin? I don't see one in the courtyard.

Nm, I think I found it. It replaced the blood rock with a great wisdom because I already found it on this chalice type with this char before I guess.

Never made a Bloodtinge character. How's the game for those builds?

You use your gun for primary damage?

Haven't tried the Bloodletter yet, but the Chikage with 50 bloodtinge is in my experience the single most overpowered thing in PvE. I've been running through the DLC on my alts (one strength and one bloodtinge; my main is skill), and it's night and day - the Chikage makes the Whirligig Saw, one of the best weapons in the game, look underpowered. Dumping a stamina bar into horseman with the Chikage does almost 4000 damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Imru’ al-Qays;187143483 said:
Haven't tried the Bloodletter yet, but the Chikage with 50 bloodtinge is in my experience the single most overpowered thing in PvE. I've been running through the DLC on my alts (one strength and one bloodtinge; my main is skill), and it's night and day - the Chikage makes the Whirligig Saw, one of the best weapons in the game, look underpowered. Dumping a stamina bar into horseman with the Chikage does almost 4000 damage.

What's the attack combo you use with it? Just coat in blood then go to town with R1? I'm really inexperienced with it. I tried to use it but the damage output didnt seem as good as you are saying it is. Then again maybe my low stam is coming in to play there or maybe my lowish skill. I get about 3.4k with the spike driver in slash mode at 20 stam 45 str 25 skill but that's not a tinge weapon.

idonteven

wrong topic but can anyone help me with rom ? i got a new build that does almost no dmg to him

been stuck on him for 5 hours with this build...about to go insane cuz its such a easy boss with the right build

I'm ashamed of my fight against O
rphan of Kos
, last boss of the DLC.
I tried 5 times in all, 3 with Ludwig's Holy Blade and then 2 times with the Beasthunter Saif. That weapon is so good for this fight because of the movement it gives you, plus it's quick.

But I had not really much time to study his moves so everything was sloppy as all hell.
He's dead though so that's that.

Video of my fight if anyone's interested...and you can see that even by playing badly, you can still win in this game :D Quick note, it's NG+

I beated all dlc bosses now thanks to a gaf member but lol now I'm stuck at Micolash.

When he uses the magic stuff it just kills me and there's nothing I can do.

Anyone can help me?

What's the attack combo you use with it? Just coat in blood then go to town with R1? I'm really inexperienced with it. I tried to use it but the damage output didnt seem as good as you are saying it is. Then again maybe my low stam is coming in to play there or maybe my lowish skill. I get about 3.4k with the spike driver in slash mode at 20 stam 45 str 25 skill but that's not a tinge weapon.

Yeah, just R1 spam. The R2 is worthless, the L2 only slightly less so. It's certainly not a versatile weapon, but it's insanely powerful - it hits about as hard as the two-handed Hunter Axe with a much quicker swing speed. It's also easier to gem than other weapons because it can make use of that 21.5% bloodtinge gem from Nightmare of Mensis in any slot.

The other advantage is that you can run a super specialized build - once you hit 10 str, 14 skill, and 50 bloodtinge you can invest all excess levels into vitality and endurance. No need for secondary damage stats. But of course this means that if you've already invested points into str and skill to use a quality weapon there's less of an advantage to switching to the Chikage.

I beated all dlc bosses now thanks to a gaf member but lol now I'm stuck at Micolash.

When he uses the magic stuff it just kills me and there's nothing I can do.

Anyone can help me?

Equip your best arcane resistance gear and stay in his face at all times. He'll only do the one-shot magic attack if you give him breathing room. You should be able to keep him stunlocked by attacking him and circling around him while your stamina recharges.

I'm going to make a new character with a bloodtinge focus so I can use that bowblade.

Problem with the bowblade is that it has split scaling - it scales only with skill in sword mode and only with bloodtinge in bow mode, and unlike the Chikage and the Bloodletter you'll actually want to make full use of both modes. I haven't figured out how I'd go about leveling for it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm going to make a new character with a bloodtinge focus so I can use that bowblade.

Use the Bloodletter instead ~

Bowblade is only Bloodtinge in the bow mode, right? Does the damage even outperform some of the Bloodtinge build guns?

If anyone is determined to solo
ludwig
I added my strategy to my video description of him going down on my ng+++ lvl 151 character. Took about 6 hours of attempts over past 2 evenings to get it down.

https://youtu.be/DkIE8zSBbd0

Craziest boss fight ever I feel. I only think
laurence
seems harder to me but that's because of bs camera making it hard to see what the hell is going on.

myco666

Yep, using Hunter Axe +10
Gems: Cursed Tempering Blood (3), Nourish Damp Blood(4), Nourishing Blood Gemstones(9)
HP 1514
Stamina 144

All this time without playing, i feel i lost focus....Even tempted at starting from scratch..:(

That should be fine. Most likely it is just that you haven't played for a long time and it feels like starting over. Also this is the hardest content in the game so not the best place to practice.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If anyone is determined to solo
ludwig
I added my strategy to my video description of him going down on my ng+++ lvl 151 character. Took about 6 hours of attempts over past 2 evenings to get it down.

https://youtu.be/DkIE8zSBbd0

Craziest boss fight ever I feel. I only think
laurence
seems harder to me but that's because of bs camera making it hard to see what the hell is going on.

Why is your damage output so low?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Imru’ al-Qays;187145409 said:
Yeah, just R1 spam. The R2 is worthless, the L2 only slightly less so. It's certainly not a versatile weapon, but it's insanely powerful - it hits about as hard as the two-handed Hunter Axe with a much quicker swing speed. It's also easier to gem than other weapons because it can make use of that 21.5% bloodtinge gem from Nightmare of Mensis in any slot.

The other advantage is that you can run a super specialized build - once you hit 10 str, 14 skill, and 50 bloodtinge you can invest all excess levels into vitality and endurance. No need for secondary damage stats. But of course this means that if you've already invested points into str and skill to use a quality weapon there's less of an advantage to switching to the Chikage.

Ah yeah I'm probably better off just rocking the mace when I come across it then. That build is tempting though.

I just enjoy the stake driver because of the fact you can use the gun no matter the mode you are in xD

Use the Bloodletter instead ~

Bowblade is only Bloodtinge in the bow mode, right? Does the damage even outperform some of the Bloodtinge build guns?

That's a good question. I'd be surprised if it didn't, since its base damage is drastically higher than the Evelyn's and it has comparable scaling - but it might have weird move values that bring the damage down below what you'd expect from the AR.

Need some advice GAF.

Which stats would you continue to boost? Kind of lost my plan of a build on the way. These are my current stats:
VIT 50 END 40 STR 40 SKI 50 BLO 10 ARC 25 (Level 165). FYI I have Ludwigs Holy Blade at +10 and the cane, Tonitrus and the Holy Moonlight Blade each at +8. Right now I'm kind of struggling with
Laurence
on NG+.

Further question: I am not able to summon Valtr anymore in front of
Laurence's
spot. Can you lose the ability due to too many tries?

Thanks in advance.

Need some Advanced GAF.

Which stats would you continue to boost? Kind of lost my plan of a build on the way. These are my current stats:
VIT 50 END 40 STR 40 SKI 50 BLO 10 ARC 25 (Level 165). FYI I have Ludwigs Holy Blade at +10 and the cane, Tonitrus and the Holy Moonlight Blade each at +8.

Bringing strength to 50 is probably your best bet. After that, I guess just keep raising arcane to 50 to help with the Tonitrus and Moonlight Sword. No point in raising your bloodtinge, IMO.

Dahbomb

Need some advice GAF.

VIT 50 END 40 STR 40 SKI 50 BLO 10 ARC 25 (Level 165). FYI I have Ludwigs Holy Blade at +10 and the cane, Tonitrus and the Holy Moonlight Blade each at +8. Right now I'm kind of struggling with
Laurence
on NG+.

Further question: I am not able to summon Valtr anymore in front of
Laurence's
spot. Can you lose the ability due to too many tries?

Thanks in advance.
Raise strength to 50 then Arcane.

Do you have enough Insight to summon Valtr? Also you need that rune equipped to summon Valtr I believe.

Why is your damage output so low?

Because I never farmed gems or anything.

This char did first run blind. NG+ to do optional bosses and get a different ending then NG++ boss rush to get third ending.

Untill recently I barely touched chalice dungeons as I don't really like them however I am on the last mandatory one. My gems are terribel lol. One 20% one a 16.5% one and a 9% one or something.

This is why some people find these bosses easier than others. If you used a char you farmed gems on from earlier in the year then the bosses seem much more reasonable. But try doing it in NG with a char at the recommended level with no gem farming. It's soooo much tougher.

These bosses really feel like they were designed around chars who have farmed gems because compared to the bosses in the main game they are tanks. Before doing this I had to kill BSB shadows and rom to get the last weapon I needed for trophies and they all went down soooooo much faster than these guys.

Top Bottom