• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Mutombo

yo, is anyone able to help at the blood starved beast boss in ailing loran dungeon?

And after that I'm gonna tackle ludwig on ng+.

Koobion

Two things: Don't passwords allow any levels to play with each other? And does anyone know if the
gatling gun
has substantial power at +10?

Steez

Any Gaffers willing to help out with Ludwig? Just reached him on a new arcane build and I'm only rocking a +7 Tonitrus at level 44. I need dat Moonlight Sword.

Audioboxer

I've never really dived deep into chalice dungeons/gem farming, but I guess the time is now.

What would be best for the MGS with a 25STR/50ARC combo? I've only really got decent physical attack gems right now.

MilkBeard

I've never really dived deep into chalice dungeons/gem farming, but I guess the time is now.

What would be best for the MGS with a 25STR/50ARC combo? I've only really got decent physical attack gems right now.

We have discovered that purely physical gems work best. Try that. Your arc is really high, so you could experiment with arc scaling to get it to S. But otherwise, physical gems put it up nicely.

Steez

I haven't done any testing myself, but pure arcane games should be more effective on a build with those stats.

Check out this spreadsheet for top tier gems:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Vg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU/htmlview?sle=true

The two giants in
the well
. I can't even.

Sigh.

Use the Shaman Bone on either of them and watch them kill each other.

Ferr986

how are some of you guys getting 1900 hp? I've 50 vit but i'm 1500.

2 HP runes, one of them being the Depth5 Chalice one.

We have discovered that purely physical gems work best. Try that. Your arc is really high, so you could experiment with arc scaling to get it to S. But otherwise, physical gems put it up nicely.

Wanted to ask, considering physical gems work best: I'm doing a characterr dedicated to the MLS, right now I got 25 STR/25ARC/12SKLL (the required one to wield it). What stat should bring to 50, STR or ARC? I know the beams are pure ARC, but I wonder if the regular attacks benefit the most with STR or ARC.

Also, SKLL to 25, worth it? Don't want to level too high but I could go around 120-130 if needed...

Primeau31

ringing my bell outside the steps for Laurence, using GAFHUNT, if anyone is free and willing to help. I have tried far too many times over this weekend solo :(

ISee

So far I defeated the three Ls
(Ludwig, Laurance and the Living Failures)
. I am on
Maria
right now. So far the
Research Hall
is awesome, one of the best areas in the game (not just the dlc). But I have one quick question how many
Brain Fluids
are there to find? I got two and
Saint Adeline
gave me the key. Is there more I can do with her?

Also what can you do with the 'hunter' in the cells who is banging his head against the wall all the time? The door is open but he is just insane.

how are some of you guys getting 1900 hp? I've 50 vit but i'm 1500.

People who have 99 vitality.

My lvl 152 char is on about 55 right now. I'm pushing my skill from 40 to 50 and then doing vitality after if I level more.

50 is a soft cap. You gain a lot slower after that.

Laws00

Okay used the cheese method.....lol

beat'em

i didn't want to fight those guys that gave you frenzy thought that would have been more of a pain in the ass then it was going to be

now im just going to help people with the dlc now

100% bitches!

ZeroX03

Banned
well an't that some shit right there lol

A much faster way is to weaken the first shark till he tries to call his buddy from the wall, then quickly stab him with a Shaman Bone Blade. They'll end up killing each other or severely weakening one another.

MilkBeard

2 HP runes, one of them being the Depth5 Chalice one.

Wanted to ask, considering physical gems work best: I'm doing a characterr dedicated to the MLS, right now I got 25 STR/25ARC/12SKLL (the required one to wield it). What stat should bring to 50, STR or ARC? I know the beams are pure ARC, but I wonder if the regular attacks benefit the most with STR or ARC.

Also, SKLL to 25, worth it? Don't want to level too high but I could go around 120-130 if needed...

I think it scales well with strength, at least the main strikes. I have found also that the base physical damage isn't really different (at least for me) from the standard form to the moonlit form. Basically all you are adding is an extra damage from pure arcane that has an area of effect. If you manage to hit with both you will get more damage. I am assuming that a higher arcane stat will boost the pure arcane damage if you hit it with the moonlight strikes.

I wonder about how the game is beyond NG+5, I guess after a certain amount of NG the game doesn't change the damage/life of mobs anymore. What NG level is that in Bloodborne ?

Hey gaf i have died against
ludwig
about 60 times i need some help please!

I'll be on in an hour outside the boss room with my bell ringing with the password GAFHUNT

Psn name is awesomeness5821 if you'd like to add me also

So far I defeated the three Ls
(Ludwig, Laurance and the Living Failures)
. I am on
Maria
right now. So far the
Research Hall
is awesome, one of the best areas in the game (not just the dlc). But I have one quick question how many
Brain Fluids
are there to find? I got two and
Saint Adeline
gave me the key. Is there more I can do with her?

Also what can you do with the 'hunter' in the cells who is banging his head against the wall all the time? The door is open but he is just insane.

There are 3, you get the last one by
killing her
she'll drop it and
revive herself
where you can give it to her. She'll give you a
rune and something else

The
hunter in the cell doesnt seem to do anything, you can just kill him he'll drop his set called the Yamamura set.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I told the person that I could hear the bell.
Am I stuck out of that door forever?

Mutombo

i desperately need three hunters against ludwig as well. I'm on NG+.

And question: you can't summon an npc when you've summoned a person right?

MilkBeard

I told the person that I could hear the bell.
Am I stuck out of that door forever?

Nope, you will get it eventually. Also, that dialogue is interesting. It will make sense later if you don't know already. There's a reason why he knows you don't hear it. :)

Top Bottom