• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

HORRORSHØW

leveled up a moonlight sword and a lost moonlight sword to +10. slotted the regular one with strictly physical gems; the lost one with nourishing gems.

the regular moonlight sword with physical gems outdamages the lost version in both 1h and 2h forms. the lost version wins out in 2h-charged attacks.

i thought the nourishing gems would be best for the moonlight sword b/c it has 3 different stat scaling.

Imru’ al-Qays;187146333 said:
Bringing strength to 50 is probably your best bet. After that, I guess just keep raising arcane to 50 to help with the Tonitrus and Moonlight Sword. No point in raising your bloodtinge, IMO.
Raise strength to 50 then Arcane.

Do you have enough Insight to summon Valtr? Also you need that rune equipped to summon Valtr I believe.
Thanks guys, raising strenght first was my initial plan. Didn't know you need insight to summon npcs...

After playing it again,
Lady Maria
is my favourite boss in the game. Cool design, boss room, great music, and her moveset is glorious. Too bad she is so easily parried, you can totally cheese your way through the fight with parrying, at least until the last phase. Parries are too overpowered and unbalanced in this game, they're like back stabs in Dark Souls 1.

Dahbomb

Still not finding you

Pass is GAFHUNT right? That's what I have it set to

Yeah that's the password.

Time to try a different password (apparently more complex password finds it faster):

mtndew12

You ring Beckoning Ring, I ring Small.

And this time ring in front of the boss place. Lamp places sometimes don't work.

Dahbomb

God damn twice in a row with that optional boss living with less than a tenth of his life.

I am the greediest player ever sometimes...

Ringing bell at stairs.

Zampano

Gaf, I come to you with a tale of woe and a plea for help.

After starting the DLC at level 198 on NG++++, I found myself banging my head against the final boss and the optional one. Like, seven or eight hours of trying. After completing everything else, getting all the weapons etc, I bit the bullet and started a new character.

11 hours later, I had beaten every boss in the game and also completed the Old Hunters, this time without too much trouble. To get the "Old Hunters Essence" trophy, you need to get all the weapons with the same character. However, I forgot to collect the weapon dropped by the first boss, and it turns out that after a while it vanishes and you can't get it.

Meaning my play through was a wasted effort.

I think my issue will be sorted if I can beat the final boss with my original, now level 206 character. But he is sooooooo hard. Please Gaf, someone help me! Ringing bell in fishing hut.

Afrocious

Lol we almost had him. Don't be so greedy lol

Ringing again at steps

Gaf, I come to you with a tale of woe and a plea for help.

After starting the DLC at level 198 on NG++++, I found myself banging my head against the final boss and the optional one. Like, seven or eight hours of trying. After completing everything else, getting all the weapons etc, I bit the bullet and started a new character.

11 hours later, I had beaten every boss in the game and also completed the Old Hunters, this time without too much trouble. To get the "Old Hunters Essence" trophy, you need to get all the weapons with the same character. However, I forgot to collect the weapon dropped by the first boss, and it turns out that after a while it vanishes and you can't get it.

Meaning my play through was a wasted effort.

I think my issue will be sorted if I can beat the final boss with my original, now level 206 character. But he is sooooooo hard. Please Gaf, someone help me! Ringing bell in fishing hut.

Sure after I get this boss down

GeeTeeCee

Right, I've bought the dlc, reinstalled the game, downloaded the patch, took my old non-NG+ save off my USB stick and had a quick run through Central Yharnam to familiarise myself with Bloodborne again.

Let's do this.

tried with my character just past Rom. Can't pass the first main square in the DLC. I get wrecked by the new hunters.

Took my NG++ char, lvl 195, need to beat the Vicar to get to the DLC. Time to git gud, again.

Dahbomb

Thanks for all the help guys.

Man what a bull shit boss fight.

Final form is literally crapping out and vomiting lava all over the place.

Ferr986

Grimløck;187147140 said:
leveled up a moonlight sword and a lost moonlight sword to +10. slotted the regular one with strictly physical gems; the lost one with nourishing gems.

the regular moonlight sword with physical gems outdamages the lost version in both 1h and 2h forms. the lost version wins out in 2h-charged attacks.

i thought the nourishing gems would be best for the moonlight sword b/c it has 3 different stat scaling.

How big is the damage difference between the two? (avg.)

Top Bottom