• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Edzi

OoK is testing my sanity :( No problem with phase 1, but he is so strong and aggressive in phase 2 that I can't seem to find enough openings.

Stick close to him in phase 2 and try to work out the timing for parries. When he screeches prior to the lightening attack, run to the entrance.

1upsuper

Sorry to whoever I invaded in front of
Laurence.
I forgot to switch to a neutral oath. Didn't mean to waste your insight.

Dynedom

Amygdala's Arm is sooooo damn good, haha. The transformed form has awesome range and it seems to have a stun-like effect per hit.

Rocking that and the Moonlight Sword.

Took down
Ludwig
on NG first try with a friend and
Valter
tanking it too. Second half of the fight is the best thing ever.

Deku Tree

Do you happen to know the best way to do that? Do you ring near the boss and then run through to the ledge at the bottom of the well? I could try to help you out.

You can find them on the DLC.

OMW

PW= GAFHUNT

near the lamp for the fishing village then climb down the ladder.

I can be the third wheel if you set it to GAFHUNT.

I Am by the lamp ringing the bell with the PW now.

Anybody need help with anything?

Help with bottom of well fight?

Thanks!

Fatal Error

Neo Member
How do you get the
Moonlight Sword?
I think it's glitch on me, and it's the only weapon left for me -_-. when I return to
ludwig's arena, his head is dead but I'm sure that he never was alive and I never got the weapon

Wtf just co-op'd Ludwig and he died in the first phase. He still had half his HP bar left too (just a bit less) and it say "prey slaughtered" even before the cutscene started. Then the custscene happened and he was straight up dead right after.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I uploaded the fight if you want to see how I scraped by in the last few minutes. Thanks again!

http://youtu.be/bN69RGKtfTI

LOL watching myself die to that again makes me depressed xD easiest attack to dodge ever and I got killed by it xD

Glad you got your clear :p It's kinda funny seeing my eve's damage ticks from another viewpoint. You just randomly see the boss' life drain in little chunks here and there

Edzi

Gonna try NG+++ Laurence again in case anyone wants to help. Will be waiting in front of the fog gate, pw GAFHUNT.

Afrocious

It's messed up Skill characters don't get much love even in the DLC.

As a whole, players may as well not run a Skill character if they want to have fun with a variety of weapons. Hell, going Arcane has more awesomeness than running Skill.

BB caters to Strength, then Arcane, then Skill.

Rewind

What level should I be to start the dlc? I'm level 40 on my str build with the Kirkhammer and feel like I do no damage. It takes 5 parrys to kill the hunters outside the opening church. I'm getting 2 shotted by them also.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's messed up Skill characters don't get much love even in the DLC.

As a whole, players may as well not run a Skill character if they want to have fun with a variety of weapons. Hell, going Arcane has more awesomeness than running Skill.

BB caters to Strength, then Arcane, then Skill.

Blood Tinge for life \o/

What level should I be to start the dlc? I'm level 40 on my str build with the Kirkhammer and feel like I do no damage. It takes 5 parrys to kill the hunters outside the opening church. I'm getting 2 shotted by them also.

Content is ment to be done before last boss.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Never made a Bloodtinge character. How's the game for those builds?

You use your gun for primary damage?

You hybrid in str unless you want to use chikage, once you get eve plus 10 or even 9 your damage with it sky rockets at 50 tinge.

I run with the Spike and eve going to try out the mace since I'm almost 50 str 50 tinge

The upside of using the spike is it's very very low stam cost so you can stop at 20 and you can swap mode from doing pierce or slash damage. So you can swap it on the fly to fit the situation easy. Very underrated weapon imo. I was shooting Lud for up to 329 damage with 50 tinge and a +10 eve. Mix this with how safe shooting is it lets you keep constant dps up til it's safe to dive in. Guns also seem to cause a lot of agro on monsters so it's wonderful in Co-op

Deku Tree

Hope you beat him. Its really hard to dodge the lightning and is a one hit KO as a cooperator. We got him down though. Ill be there again if you need.

Try again? Ringing bell again.

Last phase is rough. Unfortunately didn't get him. Had him down to a sliver.

Thanks for help.

Afrocious

You hybrid in str unless you want to use chikage, once you get eve plus 10 or even 9 your damage with it sky rockets at 50 tinge.

I run with the Spike and eve going to try out the mace since I'm almost 50 str 50 tinge

The upside of using the spike is it's very very low stam cost so you can stop at 20

Interesting! I might have to try a bloodtinge build soon!

Edzi

Just fought with you, fastmower. We were doing pretty good at first and I managed to get him to his second form, but then... You know.

ZeroX03

Banned
If anyone is having trouble defeating the sharks in the well, just use a Shaman Bone Blade on one of the sharks when he goes to call his buddy from the wall.

They'll turn on each other, which allows you to sit back and defeat the weakened shark that is alive.

Top Bottom