• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Donos

i desperately need three hunters against ludwig as well. I'm on NG+.

And question: you can't summon an npc when you've summoned a person right?

Try it just with Valtr (NPC - Head of The League !!! - you need to equip the league rune though).
He is really tough (takes a charge from L like a champ) and draws the attention from L all the time. Way better than Henriette !
You find him in the forbidden forest shortcut. (took me 7-10 min to reach him there from VA Cathedral, running past everyone) if ou haven't in your NG+.

Finally got the platinum a few mins ago.did watchdog on third go and last chalice boss on second. Amazing how easy they are in comparison to these guys haha.

Can you only connect to people on the same NG cycle as you, or is your level the only thing that matters? Having trouble summoning anyone at
laurence
right now on ng+++ with level around 180 (How anyone beat this boss solo is beyond me, lol)

Mutombo

haha i died after because he did his flying stomp attack. i was running, but he bellyflopped me hard.

im ringing with GAFHUNT again.

Melchiah

Sorry if it's been mentioned, I avoided the thread until now to avoid spoilers....

I'm playing through it right now with my level 55 bloodtinge character /shrug. Why don't you play first with your NG+ character, which will be easier, then the NG one, which will be harder? Also, you still get souls from enemies in the DLC. Frankly, I don't see the issue, it looks like bitching for the sake of bitching.

What do you say to this, Melchiah? :D

I like to plan and do things beforehand, and the lack of information made my preparation for the DLC fruitless, as I wasn't properly levelled for it to start playing day one. I'm pretty sure 55lvl would be too low for the majority of players, and I personally don't want to make it any harder than it should be.

I'm saving the NG+ character for the second run, because I like to have a reason to replay it, as was my plan all along. I like to replay games on easy mode, and that's what the veteran character essentially is.

As for the video, what could I say, as I'm not going to watch boss fights before experiencing them myself. It should be understandable, as I'm avoiding spoilers just like you were.

EDIT: People have completed the main game with a 4lvl character as well, that's nothing new. It's not something I, or the vast majority of players, would want or enjoy to do.

Would anyone be able to help me with
Laurence
? Been trying to solo him, but just can't get him. :(

EDIT: Using GAFHUNT is anyone is able to

demonkaze

On the last DLC boss on NG+, nearly had him down on my first attempt surprisingly enough. Looking for a bit of help, using the GAF password.

Mutombo

ok guys, i'm getting closer and closer to beating ludwig. Valtr is a good help, if i can just et one or two of you helpers?

IN front of ludwig with password: TRY1

ok guys, i'm getting closer and closer to beating ludwig. Valtr is a good help, if i can just et one or two of you helpers?

IN front of ludwig with password: TRY1

Biggest tip for Ludwig I can think of is getting the timing to dodge for his charge down. Look at his head. He drops it twice as he stamps. As he drops it a second time dodge left and it should miss.

If his long high jump gets you just run. It should miss.

fastmower

I did it. Finally beat Laurence. Used Valtr to help take care of the first form, but managed to take care of the second form alone.

NG+++ DLC is complete. Though I'll probably try going through it again on my NG file just to see how different it is. Managed to take care of all the bosses either alone, or with some help from Valtr (who sadly perished both times he was used, during Ludwig's fight and Laurence's).

Thanks to Zero and fastmower for all the coop runs, they really helped.
Good job. I'm impressed you could take him down alone with that extra HP.

silva1991

I totally change my opinion bout
Kos
now that I knew his attack patterns

having so much fun fighting him now. annoying without parry tho.

Top Bottom