• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Melchiah

I haven't played the DLC since the launch date. Why? Because I had levelled up my character up to 60 for it over a month before the release, and it took them until the release date to inform the players that it's going to take at least 65, which isn't enough for many based on what I've read on this thread. So, I would have had a plenty of time to ready my character for the DLC, but as it is I now have to play the main game, which I've already played through two times, to get to play the DLC I bought.

Granted, I have a 216 level NG+ veteran as well, but I'm not going to play the DLC with that character for the first time, as it's probably too overlevelled for the first playthrough. My point is, that their way of informing the fans is lacking, and definitely could use improvement.

fantomena

Im annoyed. I got the Blood Gem Master trophy and the trophy for killing
Ludwig
, but even after syncing the trophies to PSN they don't unlock.

Ferr986

I think it scales well with strength, at least the main strikes. I have found also that the base physical damage isn't really different (at least for me) from the standard form to the moonlit form. Basically all you are adding is an extra damage from pure arcane that has an area of effect. If you manage to hit with both you will get more damage. I am assuming that a higher arcane stat will boost the pure arcane damage if you hit it with the moonlight strikes.

Thanks.
Really dont know what to do, but maybe Ill go with Arcane 50 because those beams are amazing.

Primeau31

i desperately need three hunters against ludwig as well. I'm on NG+.

And question: you can't summon an npc when you've summoned a person right?

You can, once you have one hunter summoned, you need to silence your beckoning bell - the person you beckoned will stay but the bell will stop looking for new coop'ers - you can then beckon the NPC hunter as well.

Mutombo

oh i was already standing infront of the boss :)

do you know where the second lamp is ? if you dont im gonna rush to it so just follow me ?

no I've got it. standing in front of boss now as well.

edit: fuckssake. Taking so long. I can also not use password and you can still try and join together with others?

Granted, I have a 216 level NG+ veteran as well, but I'm not going to play the DLC with that character for the first time, as it's probably too overlevelled for the first playthrough. My point is, that their way of informing the fans is lacking, and definitely could use improvement.

Only NG+ at 216 might be a bit overleveled but noy too much. I guess you could at least try the first boss, and it's too easy just rush to NG++ (it's very quick if you know the fight, and with you're level it should be a breeze)

BriGuy

Granted, I have a 216 level NG+ veteran as well, but I'm not going to play the DLC with that character for the first time, as it's probably too overlevelled for the first playthrough.
You would be surprised. I played through it with a level 251 character and still got creamed by random hunters, trash mobs and bosses. When you're in the thick of it, getting two-shotted isn't much better than getting one-shotted.

Tingle

Nope, you will get it eventually. Also, that dialogue is interesting. It will make sense later if you don't know already. There's a reason why he knows you don't hear it. :)

Yeah, I misunderstood what he meant at first. I didn't even see he was holding a bell, I thought he meant the church bell that rang when you were walking around parallel Yarnham.

MilkBeard

So have you all discovered the
choir bell
yet? No doubt it would prove useful in these co op arrangements. I'm going to test it out. I used it but too late, after the beckoner already died. It seems to work though, no matter if you are a summoned or the summoner.

Mutombo

went alright! again? how are those beast claws working out for you? i'm trying to go that way again, even though i don't have str.

Audioboxer

We have discovered that purely physical gems work best. Try that. Your arc is really high, so you could experiment with arc scaling to get it to S. But otherwise, physical gems put it up nicely.

I haven't done any testing myself, but pure arcane games should be more effective on a build with those stats.

Check out this spreadsheet for top tier gems:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Vg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU/htmlview?sle=true

Use the Shaman Bone on either of them and watch them kill each other.

Thanks, I'll focus on physical till I get some really good arcane gems. What are nourishing gems? I thought I read they were +all kinds of attack? Wouldn't those be good on a split damage weapon?

Melchiah

Only NG+ at 216 might be a bit overleveled but noy too much. I guess you could at least try the first boss, and it's too easy just rush to NG++ (it's very quick if you know the fight, and with you're level it should be a breeze)

You would be surprised. I played through it with a level 251 character and still got creamed by random hunters, trash mobs and bosses. When you're in the thick of it, getting two-shotted isn't much better than getting one-shotted.

Huh, sounds like it will be a harder challenge at that level than I thought. I still wish to leave the veteran for the second playthrough, just to have a reason to return to it.

I'm just annoyed, that they didn't care to tell about the recommended level earlier, considering it's higher than the previous expansions had, and levelling up my rookie seems to take forever. I dunno if the patch changed something, but it seems like Lecture Building gives less echoes than it did before. Only about 13k on the first playthrough, with a Moon rune equipped. I haven't yet reached the Mensis farming ground, so I dunno how it's now. I did complete the first Pthumeru chalice, but the amount of echoes I got from there was pitiful.

Gaf, is a STR character at level 32 masochistic or okay? I just wrapped up the entirety of the DLC in NG+ at 115; can't be much more trying than that, surely.

i've played this game since launch but never accrued to me, can you re-roll your stats in this game?
Nope, no soul vessel equivalent in here.
Gaf, is a STR character at level 32 masochistic or okay? I just wrapped up the entirety of the DLC in NG+ at 115; can't be much more trying than that, surely.
I'm having trouble with the last two bosses on NG at level 110 lol. No harm in running to Ludwig and trying him for 200 times.

mrmyhthef

Alright, I've managed to defeat
Laurence
which means I'm now done with everything I need to do in the DLC. Good stuff, definitely worth the money I paid for it. Got a little tough at times but I think I did that to myself playing on NG+ and sticking with the Blade of Mercy (spent way too much time swinging at nothing).

Now all that's left is to clean up the chalice dungeons and get the plat.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, I avoided the thread until now to avoid spoilers. Can you do anything about the bloatyhead NPC at the bottom of the clock tower looking for her eyes in the pool? Or any other of the bloatyheads aside from the one asking for brain fluid?

I haven't played the DLC since the launch date. Why? Because I had levelled up my character up to 60 for it over a month before the release, and it took them until the release date to inform the players that it's going to take at least 65, which isn't enough for many based on what I've read on this thread. So, I would have had a plenty of time to ready my character for the DLC, but as it is I now have to play the main game, which I've already played through two times, to get to play the DLC I bought.

I'm playing through it right now with my level 55 bloodtinge character /shrug. Why don't you play first with your NG+ character, which will be easier, then the NG one, which will be harder? Also, you still get souls from enemies in the DLC. Frankly, I don't see the issue, it looks like bitching for the sake of bitching.

Just so you know, that's not a Rakuyo.

EDIT: I see, he meant to 'get' the Rakuyo. I thought he was talking about the weapon he was using. My bad.

Yep. Also, Rakuyo get :D. Disappointed that it's not the blood version Maria herself uses, but ah well.

2nd dlc boss killed at level 4. Messy as fuck but at least it's done, what a tedious fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDM4gtRcRRc

What do you say to this, Melchiah? :D

RiggyRob

Pimmsy vs 1st DLC boss is done! The video'll come later, I want to see if I can edit both of the cutscenes into the fight. Really cool boss, and the music was amazing.

I think we've picked up most of the new weapons:
Beast Cutter, Boom Hammer, Amygdalan Arm, Beasthunter Saif and the Whirligig Saw. It looks like the Saif is the most Skill-focused out of them and the rest are Strength or Strength-Arcane, which is bad for Pimmsy but great for me (when I eventually get a chance to do the DLC myself).

How many other weapons are there?

Primeau31

i'm ringing again. i read somewhere that you can summon npc after summoning real players as well. didn't work with me though.

And password is GAFHUNT for ludwig now, right??

I mentioned this before but you need to silence the beckoning bell after your first coop member joins with you, this will allow you to beckon the NPC

Top Bottom