• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

RiggyRob

Episode 4 of Pimmsy's jaunt through Yarnham, Pimmsy vs. Darkbeast Paarl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms895PHrfo

After watching her playthrough, I can really see how useful the Threaded Cane's whip mode is, it's got massive range and it's so quick too. I was thinking of trying out the Beast Cutter on my own character, but I don't think the extra strength would be as useful as the Cane's speed.

By the way, who is Defector Antal, or do you find that out by going through the DLC areas?

Facism

that feel when you coop with people and they're not NG+. Bosses are softer than Arsenal taking a plane to play Norwich away.

So gaf, Im in the
Research Hall
and at the top with all the long wooden structures. So there is
the one head-blob thing with a female voice that says something about the sea churning. One note said there is a special item, so am I suppose to kill her? And what about all of the other blob-heads that speak to me?

SilentRob

Alright, I think I give up.
Laurence
in NG++ is just not possible for me. Tried it about 70 times now, with NPCs, with other players, alone - I regularly get him to the last phase now but he just takes too little damage and the fire kills me at some point. Frustrating as hell.

myco666

I haven't played the DLC since the launch date. Why? Because I had levelled up my character up to 60 for it over a month before the release, and it took them until the release date to inform the players that it's going to take at least 65, which isn't enough for many based on what I've read on this thread. So, I would have had a plenty of time to ready my character for the DLC, but as it is I now have to play the main game, which I've already played through two times, to get to play the DLC I bought.

Granted, I have a 216 level NG+ veteran as well, but I'm not going to play the DLC with that character for the first time, as it's probably too overlevelled for the first playthrough. My point is, that their way of informing the fans is lacking, and definitely could use improvement.

From 60 to 65 isn't that big of a jump. You can get those five levels really fast. I still haven't tried at those levels so can't really say if it is good level to play the DLC or not. What I can say though is that 80-90 is way too much for the beginning area. You pretty much melt the health bar of the first boss. The DLC difficulty balance is really weird when compared to base game.

now she wont turn into a blob :(

It has to pass a certain time for her to ask for a second. The second fluid is on the ceiling so you probably havent gotten it yet? Then for the last third Brain Fluid, it triggers when you meet the boss in the area.

Does anyone need any help? I am open for any bosses.

In the meantime ill try to best those evil sharks.

Laurence just can't catch a break when he's down crawling.

First half of his health is easy though.

I actually find him easier when he is crawling than his first two phases.

fantomena

Laurence just can't catch a break when he's down crawling.

First half of his health is easy though.

Edit: password is gafla if you want to join me taking down Laurence

In the space of a few minutes,
Lady Maria
eclipsed everything else and became my favourite Souls character. The first phase of the fight is
a badass Hunter duel,
the second phase
is a badass Hunter duel with a blood samurai, and the third phase is a badass Hunter duel with a fucking fiery blood samurai. She also looks like the Doll. Remind me to never piss of the Doll.

sn00zer

So I assume
Maria
is the person hunter's get their
hunter's bones from, considering she never uses the bones she just teleports

Arkeband

Banned
In the space of a few minutes,
Lady Maria
eclipsed everything else and became my favourite Souls character. The first phase of the fight is
a badass Hunter duel,
the second phase
is a badass Hunter duel with a blood samurai, and the third phase is a badass Hunter duel with a fucking fiery blood samurai. She also looks like the Doll. Remind me to never piss of the Doll.

There's a very specific reason she looks like that.

ISee

There are 3, you get the last one by
killing her
she'll drop it and
revive herself
where you can give it to her. She'll give you a
rune and something else

The
hunter in the cell doesnt seem to do anything, you can just kill him he'll drop his set called the Yamamura set.

a cool. thx

Donos

Oh loved the reveal that
Ludwig's Holy Blade is
jut a representation of the actual Moonlit Blade

I understand it that way, that the Moonlight Greatsword is Ludwigs Holy blade. The sheath is exactly the size of the Moonlight sword Ludwig uses in phase two while the sword, the MC hunter uses is way smaller than the sheath.

Melchiah

From 60 to 65 isn't that big of a jump. You can get those five levels really fast. I still haven't tried at those levels so can't really say if it is good level to play the DLC or not. What I can say though is that 80-90 is way too much for the beginning area. You pretty much melt the health bar of the first boss. The DLC difficulty balance is really weird when compared to base game.

Well, going via the farming route, raising 5 levels would have meant at least 10 visits to Lecture Building. Going through the first Pthumeru Chalice only gave me enough echoes for two levels, and I haven't got the needed items for the rest of the chalices. I managed to raise few levels by killing Rom, and going through the Upper Cathedral Ward to kill CE. It's still not high enough, considering many have said that 65 is too low for them, which makes me think it'll be too low for me as well.

From/Sony should have just informed people weeks ago, that the (less experienced) players would need x amount level to play the expansion. If I had known this beforehand, I could have done that, and go all the way to Mensis long before the DLC was released. The same goes for not informing people, that progression in the main game wouldn't have affected the events in the expansion, which was the reason I left my character before the blood moon phase. All in all, it was just handled very poorly, and it's soured the experience for me.

Top Bottom