• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Oh even weirder
the doll uses the clip.....so Gherman or someone made the doll in Maria's image, possibly with real hair as well

Probably
Gherman since he was a master crafstman and the DLC mentions he has some kind of obsession, likely with Maria

Ferr986

Oh even weirder
the doll uses the clip.....so Gherman or someone made the doll in Maria's image, possibly with real hair as well

Doll was indeed made by Maria's image. Gerhman was her hunter teacher and he made de doll after she killed herself.

Think Im gonna do a new game. Laurence at NG+ is insane.

You shouldnt give up, I can give you a hand again. Let the boss rush me. He is quite simple, you just have to be patient and not get greedy when you get an opening. Make sure you equip all the suitable runes and outfits thats resistant towards fire and only deal one blow at a time when there is an opening.

fantomena

storafötter;187167126 said:
You shouldnt give up, I can give you a hand again. Let the boss rush me. He is quite simple, you just have to be patient and not get greedy when you get an opening. Make sure you equip all the suitable runes and outfits thats resistant towards fire and only deal one blow at a time when there is an opening.

Iæll send you a PM when we can do him. Gotta do some work first.

myco666

Well, going via the farming route, raising 5 levels would have meant at least 10 visits to Lecture Building. Going through the first Pthumeru Chalice only gave me enough echoes for two levels, and I haven't got the needed items for the rest of the chalices. I managed to raise few levels by killing Rom, and going through the Upper Cathedral Ward to kill CE. It's still not high enough, considering many have said that 65 is too low for them, which makes me think it'll be too low for me as well.

From/Sony should have just informed people weeks ago, that the (less experienced) players would need x amount level to play the expansion. If I had known this beforehand, I could have done that, and go all the way to Mensis long before the DLC was released. The same goes for not informing people, that progression in the main game wouldn't have affected the events in the expansion, which was the reason I left my character before the blood moon phase. All in all, it was just handled very poorly, and it's soured the experience for me.

You should get to Mensis pretty easily and you can farm there even faster if you even need to considering the amount of Echoes you get from ToR and M. As for the recommended level you should atleast try it with lvl65 before being 'annoyed' about it. You might consider the area to be easy/decently balanced around that level. Lot of people have played this game last time when they beat it in March/April so no wonder they have hard time coming back when the enemies and bosses are way harder in the DLC than in the main game.

I agree though that they could have informed little bit more about what they recommend you to have when entering the DLC.

I'm almost through the enitre expansion (only one boss remaining) and I must say that the expansion is pretty fucking hard. Harder than anything else in the main game (except for the dungeons).

The rest of the game feels so easy after you experience getting smashed 20 times in a row by the same damn cthulu or f
ish/frog
giant.

Ferr986

Btw, with my Moonlight Sword build, right not at 25STR/25ARC/12SKL, I get way more transformed R1 damage leveling up SKL than ARC, despite the scalings.

This weapon is such an investment of levels to take out the most of it ._.

sn00zer

One thing I like about the DLC is that it shows
How monstrous the churches are and how fucked up everything was before it all fell apart. Just a bunch of people clearly messing with things they didnt understand and could not/ would not be able to control. Really kind of show that the world of Bloodborne deserved the destruction it was given.

epmode

Apologies if this has been asked but would I still be able to go through the DLC content if I finish the main game first? I'm not talking about doing the DLC in New Game Plus.

Or should I do everything in the main game but hold off on the last boss until the DLC is finished?

epmode

As long as you havnt gone into NG+ the item you need will just be in the hunters dream.

So just killing the last boss preserves the save. I was worried that the save would automatically be converted to NG+ or something. Thanks!

edit: I MISUNDERSTOOD. DON'T ACTUALLY KILL THE LAST BOSS UNTIL READY FOR NG+

sn00zer

Apologies if this has been asked but would I still be able to go through the DLC content if I finish the main game first? I'm not talking about doing the DLC in New Game Plus.

Or should I do everything in the main game but hold off on the last boss until the DLC is finished?

do this.....really to beat the first boss of the DLC I got all the way up to defeating
Mergo

sn00zer

So just killing the last boss preserves the save. I was worried that the save would automatically be converted to NG+ or something. Thanks!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT DOES NOT PRESERVE THE SAVE DO NOT KILL THE LAST BOSS IN THE BASE GAME. TH WORLD WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONVERT TO NG+ IF YOU KILL
GHERMAN

Exactly. Don't finish the last boss if you wan to experience the DLC in the same playthrough.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT DOES NOT PRESERVE THE SAVE DO NOT KILL THE LAST BOSS IN THE BASE GAME. TH WORLD WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONVERT TO NG+ IF YOU KILL
GHERMAN

Or not. Or M
oon
P
resence
. (Depends on your choice)

Markoman

Wow, I have just beaten the first boss on my first try. My hands are still trembling, because this Mofo hunter i met minutes ago was already giving me a nervous breakdown.

The boss, dayum! Maybe the most epic fight (or phase 2 to be more precisely) in the whole series. Dad music!!!!

I'm beating a dead horse here, but no other game gives me those kinds of thrills.
My personal top 5 of climaxes:
1. orgasm
2. becoming a father
3. beating a boss in dark souls
4. finishing final exams
5. getting a promotion

;P

Yessss finally killed OoK. It didn't go into its second phase until it had like 1/6 of its health left. Thank god since the first phase isn't hard at all, but it's second phase might be the hardest in the whole game.

Game4life

Banned
Wow, I have just beaten the first boss on my first try. My hands are still trembling, because this Mofo hunter i met minutes ago was already giving me a nervous breakdown.

The boss, dayum! Maybe the most epic fight (or phase 2 to be more precisely) in the whole series. Dad music!!!!

I'm beating a dead horse here, but no other game gives me those kinds of thrills.
1. orgasm
2. becoming a father
4. finishing final exams
5. getting a promotion

;P

I see what you did there...

I think I dun goofed playing this on NG rather than starting a new character.

Up to the first boss, everything was manageable if not challenging (which is good) except for those massive dudes with sickles.

But boy oh boy is the first boss hard. I think the problem is NG bosses have too much health. Sure I do more damage but its not the same balance as first playthrough.

Even summoning Harriett I get pummeled. Best I've done so far is 30% damage. And its costing me insight to resummon.

Do bosses have more health summoning an NPC? Current SL is 88.

sn00zer

I love you, GAF. You saved the day.

If
The Hunters Dream is on fire....do not ...I repeat DO NOT go to the area with flowers until you have completed the DLC. Gherman asks you a question and if you answer it "wrong" you will be kicked to NG+ immediately without even fighting him

Auctopus

Up to the first boss, everything was manageable if not challenging (which is good) except for those massive dudes with sickles.

But boy oh boy is the first boss hard. I think the problem is NG bosses have too much health. Sure I do more damage but its not the same balance as first playthrough.

Even summoning Harriett I get pummeled. Best I've done so far is 30% damage. And its costing me insight to resummon.

The difficulty spikes in the DLC are crazy.

Yessss finally killed OoK. It didn't go into its second phase until it had like 1/6 of its health left. Thank god since the first phase isn't hard at all, but it's second phase might be the hardest in the whole game.

Congrats, I know you were struggling with that yesterday.

1. orgasm
2. becoming a father
4. finishing final exams
5. getting a promotion

;P

You should definitely have sex while defeating a boss :v

Donos

Don't go into the DLC in NG+ if you are not at least around lvl 100-120 and have good gems and maxxed weapons
and are ready for a world of pain
. It's a pretty good challange in NG+
Hold off before the last boss and go into DLC if you are not "gud" enough :). It's really easier in NG.

Yes, the more cooperateurs you summon the more health the boss will have.
Level 88 should actually suffice. I've beaten the first boss at around 60 or so, but I did summon help.

Btw, if you join the Leage covenant you can summon Valtr instead of Henriett. He's a bigger help in my opinion since he can even stagger the boss. I would summon people with hard hitting weapons for the first boss fight.

It's the same on any NG. The bosses in the DLC (well three of them) have way more health / armour than anything else in the entire game. It was the same for me on both a new char in NG and my main in NG+++. Compared to even the last boss in the last chalice dungeon.

Put it this way. My main on NG+++ at about lvl 151 took 3 goes to kill watchdog and 2 to kill the final chalice boss. I did those for the first time this weekend. It took me 6 hours to kill Ludwig lol.

J-Skee

I know this is the DLC thread, but I can't take it anymore. Is there anyway to co-op a standard Chalice Dungeon? I need serious help with the Layer Three boss in the Cursed Ptbumerian Defilement dungeon. I must've done 50 attempts by now without getting any closer.

Anyone have any tips for the parry window on the giant shark/anchor guys? Their hits are so delayed I'm never sure when to shoot.

Especially on the damn sliding charge, which I don't even know how to dodge.

Congrats, I know you were struggling with that yesterday.

Thanks, it was pretty brutal.

Anyone have any tips for the parry window on the giant shark/anchor guys? Their hits are so delayed I'm never sure when to shoot.

Basically always when they're just about to finish the strike. Was pretty much impossible to parry the anchor giants without getting hit as well.

But one thing that helped me killing the two shark/frog giants in the well (fi
shing
h
amlet
) is by finding out you can parry them even when they leap towards you, that sliding charge you're speaking of. That crazy leap where they almost crawl pretty fast into your direction. Somewhere more than halfway of that leap lies a parry window.

Donos

I know this is the DLC thread, but I can't take it anymore. Is there anyway to co-op a standard Chalice Dungeon? I need serious help with the Layer Three boss in the Cursed Ptbumerian Defilement dungeon. I must've done 50 attempts by now without getting any closer.

Good times... after you beat all the Chalice bosses, nothing in the main game can stop you. Don't know if i can help. I'm NG+ lvl 128. Afaik you can coop chalices.

Have forgotten all the moves from good ol Amy though since i platinumed BB 5 months ago..

I need your chalice glyph code.

J-Skee

Good times... after you beat all the Chalice bosses, nothing in the main game can stop you. Don't know if i can help. I'm NG+ lvl 128. Afaik you can coop chalices.

Have forgotten all the moves from good ol Amy though since i platinumed BB 5 months ago..

I need your chalice glyph code.

Thanks I really appreciate. Just quote this to see the glyph code. (Hope I did it right).

wiibomb

Don't go into the DLC in NG+ if you are not at least around lvl 100-120 and have good gems and maxxed weapons
and are ready for a world of pain
. It's a pretty good challange in NG+
Hold off before the last boss and go into DLC if you are not "gud" enough :). It's really easier in NG.

at lv 94 I'm suffering a world of pain in just NG.. I won't even bother with NG+

this might be the hardest thing I have ever played in my life

myco666

Oh, you're NG+? Well, then it's time to level up. The DLC is already fucking hard on the first playthrough. Can't imagine how insane it is at NG+.

Actually it wasn't that bad on NG++ with lvl140-150. Thought it was pretty perfect balance of not too hard but not a cakewalk either.

Oh, you're NG+? Well, then it's time to level up. The DLC is already fucking hard on the first playthrough. Can't imagine how insane it is at NG+.

I guess it is NG+, I was saying NG this whole time but NG refers to first playthrough, ya? Fuck.

Side note, what new weapons do you guys recommend for a) Skill users and b) overall best new weapon?

I can't afford to level up all of them to experiment but they are useless on NG+ without leveling up.

Top Bottom