• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Btw, with my Moonlight Sword build, right not at 25STR/25ARC/12SKL, I get way more transformed R1 damage leveling up SKL than ARC, despite the scalings.

This weapon is such an investment of levels to take out the most of it ._.

Yea had to push my level to 120 to get the most out of it.

Youre getting more damage by leveling up skill because youve reached the soft cap in Str already and will start to get diminished returns.

The way the MLGS works is in 1 hand mode its mostly Pure Physical damage. In 2 hand mode regular attacks are a split between Physical and Arcane scaling. The R2s however scale completely off of Arcane.

I guess it is NG+, I was saying NG this whole time but NG refers to first playthrough, ya? Fuck.

Side note, what new weapons do you guys recommend for a) Skill users and b) overall best new weapon?

I can't afford to level up all of them to experiment but they are useless on NG+ without leveling up.

The Beasthunter Saif has a sick moveset, also the
Rakuyo
which you find late in the DLC.

I hate the latter though because the hitboxes are a bit absurd in PVP.

Vire

anyone have a cheap method of getting the rakuyo?
Bring shaman blades with you, sneak up behind the first shark fucker and stab it in the back. (You have to be real close). Then whittle it down to half health by being aggressive and don't stop swinging. Once you get to half health, the second one will drop down, run up to the first one and stab again with a shaman blade since the effect wears off. They will now attack each other for a bit, as its wearing off, lunge in and do a sweeping attack that hits both to finish them off.

That's how I did it at least.

drotahorror

Got all the trophies. Didn't think I could do it honestly. Got about 15 levels and went back to L and the 2 fools in the well. Haven't fought either in over a day. 1 shot L and 2 shot the well.

For the well I just parried the thing like 3x and and wailed on him as he walked over to the other, then shaman bone blade finally went off (first time I had actually got it to work vs them, and actually the only time i had used the item) and they literally killed each other at the same time.

Basically always when they're just about to finish the strike. Was pretty much impossible to parry the anchor giants without getting hit as well.

But one thing that helped me killing the two shark/frog giants in the well (fi
shing
h
amlet
) is by finding out you can parry them even when they leap towards you, that sliding charge you're speaking of. That crazy leap where they almost crawl pretty fast into your direction. Somewhere more than halfway of that leap lies a parry window.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Just have the well and optional boss to go and then I'm done with the DLC :'(

myco666

I guess it is NG+, I was saying NG this whole time but NG refers to first playthrough, ya? Fuck.

Side note, what new weapons do you guys recommend for a) Skill users and b) overall best new weapon?

I can't afford to level up all of them to experiment but they are useless on NG+ without leveling up.

Church Pick would be my pick for Skill build. Best moveset IMO. Close second is Saif. You can also test them without upgrading. Just go to area with easy enemies and try out the moveset.

Bring shaman blades with you, sneak up behind the first shark fucker and stab it in the back. (You have to be real close). Then whittle it down to half health by being aggressive and don't stop swinging. Once you get to half health, the second one will drop down, run up to the first one and stab again with a shaman blade since the effect wears off. They will now attack each other for a bit, as its wearing off, lunge in and do a sweeping attack that hits both to finish them off.

That's how I did it at least.

This. There will be a moment when you get the first anchor fucker down to half health and he will start to walk away from you to where his friend is hiding on the ceiling. Time it so that as soon as the second one falls down, you are right next to the anchor fucker to use the Shaman Blade.

They will have a great time using their bullshit moveset on each other and you can wail away at them. Take advantage and try to get both of their health down equally so that when the effect wears off, you can kill one with a hit or two and the last one will have low health as well.

Simple.

k,searching (by the first lamp). Although i'm only in layer 1 starting lamp. Hope i don't have to fight till layer 3.

Hmm I think you need to be on the same layer. I've tried with a friend 2 days ago, and we couldn't play together if we weren't on the same floor...

Melchiah

You should get to Mensis pretty easily and you can farm there even faster if you even need to considering the amount of Echoes you get from ToR and M. As for the recommended level you should atleast try it with lvl65 before being 'annoyed' about it. You might consider the area to be easy/decently balanced around that level. Lot of people have played this game last time when they beat it in March/April so no wonder they have hard time coming back when the enemies and bosses are way harder in the DLC than in the main game.

I agree though that they could have informed little bit more about what they recommend you to have when entering the DLC.

Yeah, I'll be doing that, and returning to the DLC before killing MWN at Mensis, and after getting the gems in the Winter Lantern bridge. I might try it even before that to see how it goes. Just to be sure, there's nothing in the main game that affects the DLC, including entering the
burning dream
phase?

I haven't had such a long pause before the release of DLC, as I cleared the Defiled chalice in August, and proceeded towards a third playthrough after that. Although, when I returned to the game, I noticed that I often accidentally pressed square instead of X, and ended up using items for nothing. Dunno why. =)

This DLC is great!! I had 150 hours in original game and I'm probably gonna put many more hours because this DLC. I've made some many friends now on psn through GAF. Gaffers unite been so much fun meeting and chatting in party with guys I've only read on this forum.

Fhtagn

Ludwig's the best boss in the game

I wouldn't go that far but top tier for me alongside Ebrietas, Martyr,
Gherman
, OoK, BSB (at low level), Maria...

Living Failures is basically
Celestial emissaries crossed with the Four Kings
and it was easy as heck on my run but I still enjoyed it.

I wouldn't go that far but top tier for me alongside Ebrietas, Martyr,
Gherman
, OoK, BSB (at low level), Maria...

Living Failures is basically
Celestial emissaries crossed with the Four Kings
and it was easy as heck on my run but I still enjoyed it.

Yeah, I enjoyed the Living Failure fight. Not for the mechanics of the fight itself, which are obviously very basic, but the story, setting, music, and
the cosmos attack
made it pretty cool. Plus it's an easy fluff boss right before the actual boss of the area, which is amazing.

which fights did everyone solo and didn't solo in the DLC for me I solo'd
Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

kurahadol

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

Only boss I had to get help on was
Laurence
because that son of a bitch was just straight up unfun

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

Solo'd all of them thus far. Only have the optional boss left and attempted him twice so far. He doesn't seem nearly as hard as the others (besides the second boss obvi).

Fhtagn

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

I soloed everything, but I did a bunch of co-op against the first boss to learn the patterns first and I had to resort to watching a video of someone beating the optional boss so that I could figure out the second phase pattern after about 4 hours across a couple days of failing to beat it on my own.

I was pretty high level in NG+ though. I'm going to try soloing them all again in NG at Lvl 70 or so.

IMO, Rakuyo is the king for Skill builds. It's fast, powerful, extremely diverse moveset, and can be buffed by Fire/Bolt Papers or Empty Phantasm Shell.

Overall, I'm hearing Whirligig Saw might be king of the ring due to insane damage output with Beast Blood Pellets.

Neoweee

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

Solo'ed everything on a fresh character.

I've never summoned help for my first kill against any boss in the entire series, and I'm sure not going to start now.

guys quick question.

So I am trying to farm Blood chunks and i have decided to go the glyph route.

Problem is i forgot how to create cursed isz chalice dungeon. I have the great isz chalice but not the cursed one. So how do i go about creating a cursed one?

Top Bottom