• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Hikami

So I'm trying to buy it from the web store but just keep getting this..
431e8adc10.png
What the hell? Guess I'll just try again on my PS4 and hope it works.

edit: Or not, can't even pre-order it from my PS4, ugh.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I think I'm gonna play Battlefront for another hour tonight, and then play The Old Hunters exclusively all night tomorrow. I have Wed off, so I can stay up late playing.

I haven't played the game since I beat it at launch, is the Burial Blade actually any good? I remember I put my one blood rock into it to get it to rank 10 in a horrible daze, lol.

On a side note, I'm really happy with the 1.07 patch. Chalice dungeons have gone from being okay to being quite fun for doing co-op. It's really easy to get someone to join you now. I've had multiple people join me and I've joined parties multiple times now. Also it helps that the bell stays on even after you slaughter the boss. So when you advance to the next level (as long as you don't leave the dungeon) it will automatically search for a new co op partner.

Totally. Especially with using the short chalice, it use to take forever, now it only takes like a few minutes to find someone, it's great.

Edit: Especially when I have to wait for the expansion to release. One minute. Fuuuuuuuuuuck

MattyG

Banned
About how long are people saying this is? I was gonna hold off for a bit because I'm still playing Fallout 4 and Battlefront, but if it isn't massive I may grab it. $20 isn't too bad, and I need a slower skill based game after playing those two the last couple weeks.

zma1013

Why would an expansion fix something that isn't really a problem.

Eh, it's a problem in all their games at times. It rears its ugly head mainly when locking on to large enemies or bosses when you are close to them which is why it's better to fight large enemies and bosses without lock on a lot of the time. I think something as simple as having the camera automatically pull outwards as you get close to a large locked on enemy would do wonders so you could actually see what's going on around you rather than getting a screen-filling upskirt shot of the monster obscuring your view of everything.

Game4life

Banned
Hmm, still can't buy it in the store, this is not good.

Sony is hopelessly incompetent. They are actively trying to prevent people from buying the DLC. They hide it somewhere and now are preventing me from buying it. Jesus Christ in 2015 this shit is still happening.

CrovaxPSO

Seem to be having an issue downloading the actual DLC file. I pre-ordered it a couple days ago and got the theme, but can't seem to download the actual DLC now. The pre-order is in my add-ons and says playable in 00:00:00 but I can't do anything. Attempting to download to my PS4 from the web store just gives me an error.

Persona7

Banned
Seem to be having an issue downloading the actual DLC file. I pre-ordered it a couple days ago and got the theme, but can't seem to download the actual DLC now. The pre-order is in my add-ons and says playable in 00:00:00 but I can't do anything. Attempting to download to my PS4 from the web store just gives me an error.

If you downloaded the latest bloodborne patch you already have the DLC.

What point do you have to be to in the vanilla game to start this?

You have to beat Vicar Amelia and then activate the prompt behind the lamp that triggers a cutscene.

CrovaxPSO

If you downloaded the latest bloodborne patch you already have the DLC.

Yeah, I knew that but thought I had to download some 13 MB file or something to actually unlock it. I loaded into my game and I do have it though, I thought the title screen would have changed is all. My mistake.

MilkBeard

I was expecting the extra download but I got back, went in the game and the item was automatically in the Hunter's Dream. Cool. Time to start!

jmaine_ph

FUUUUUU! I'm at the beginning of my NG++ and have only beat the Cleric Beast. I have to run through and get at Vicar fast!

gogosox82

Eh, it's a problem in all their games at times. It rears its ugly head mainly when locking on to large enemies or bosses when you are close to them which is why it's better to fight large enemies and bosses without lock on a lot of the time. I think something as simple as having the camera automatically pull outwards as you get close to a large locked on enemy would do wonders so you could actually see what's going on around you rather than getting a screen-filling upskirt shot of the monster obscuring your view of everything.

The games are popular as they are partly because of the way the games feel. When you hit someone with a charged r2 from the kirkhammer, it has a really satisfying feel to it. From the animation of swinging it, to the reaction from from the enemies getting staggered or flattened. Part of that is how the camera is placed. I don't think you can change something as vital as the camera placement and think the game will play exactly the same. I'd rather it play like this and deal with a sometimes wonky camera, then have decently place camera but lose that feel that these games have.

BeeDog

What the fuck?

I preordered the DLC some time ago (Swe/EU-PSN), but now I can't seem to download it since the DLC has a price tag on the store. What is this shit?

Holy shit

Waiting for the DLC, I just got to Micolash in like 45 minutes

How simply incredible is the game design in this? It might be my third favorite game ever behind Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid.

zma1013

The games are popular as they are partly because of the way the games feel. When you hit someone with a charged r2 from the kirkhammer, it has a really satisfying feel to it. From the animation of swinging it, to the reaction from from the enemies getting staggered or flattened. Part of that is how the camera is placed. I don't think you can change something as vital as the camera placement and think the game will play exactly the same. I'd rather it play like this and deal with a sometimes wonky camera, then have decently place camera but lose that feel that these games have.

I don't think a functioning lock-on camera when fighting large monsters up close would change that at all.

Top Bottom