• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

I thought the shortcuts were a little lazy in the third area tbh. They are super obvious, whereas in the other two areas the levels seem crazy intimidating and intricate, and it feels like a reward and surprise when you stumble upon them. The ones in the hamlet are like "here are two doors that don't open from this side right next to the lantern". And you access the shortcuts really quickly since the area itself is probably the smallest/easiest to blow through out of the three.

Ah gotcha. I must not have noticed him on the floor then.

Lot of people seem to miss him when they arrive there. There is actually even the dialog vignetting when you get to that house hinting that someone is there.

Those FH shortcuts weren't that great I agree. There were too many in so short amount of time and they are too obviously placed. Great area otherwise.

Grimløck;187188018 said:
damn. i only do 30 dmg to ludwig

Haha! What level and what weapon?

Game4life

Banned
I thought the shortcuts were a little lazy in the third area tbh. They are super obvious, whereas in the other two areas the levels seem crazy intimidating and intricate, and it feels like a reward and surprise when you stumble upon them. The ones in the hamlet are like "here are two doors that don't open from this side right next to the lantern". And you access the shortcuts really quickly since the area itself is probably the smallest/easiest to blow through out of the three.

Ah gotcha. I must not have noticed him on the floor then.

Hmm fair enough. I get what you were saying. Maybe the atmosphere fooled me into loving it more than the actual level design itself lol.

I knew he was a bit disappointed/burned out of the game :(.

so I guess we won't get the big lore video.

I don't think he's disappointed with it at all, he said the game is great and Old Hunters is on par with Artorias, he's just too burnt out on it. I mean he just finished working on the guide for it so he's probably played the DLC and the main game to death.

But yeah, I'm bummed he probably won't do a story video for it as well.

Many people have probably tried it before but I did some experiments with Uncanny versions and the small difference is worthless. Since I do not have any better gems than the cursed ones it didnt make any difference. So it is disapointing that I cannot make any DLC weapon better than Ludwigs Holy Blade. Even the Moonblade is pretty weak in comparison. Been experimenting with Moonlight blade and Amygdala only to be left disapointed.

Auctopus

There's always Vaati

Vaati = "I can confirm that cleric beast is Ludwig"

I know it's been said to death but that really sums up his whole "lore" videos. Great production, "borrowed" content (although he's started crediting a bit now) but a lot of the lore he pulls out of nowhere cause he's in love with the sound of his voice.

HORRORSHØW

storafötter;187188906 said:
Many people have probably tried it before but I did some experiments with Uncanny versions and the small difference is worthless. Since I do not have any better gems than the cursed ones it didnt make any difference. So it is disapointing that I cannot make any DLC weapon better than Ludwigs Holy Blade. Even the Moonblade is pretty weak in comparison. Been experimenting with Moonlight blade and Amygdala only to be left disapointed.
i did some tests last night with +10 regular moonlight and +10 lost moonlight. the regular version won out in both 1h and 2h modes in damage. only the charge (arcane) attacks with the lost moonlight was the damage higher (by about 200). i used physical gems for regular moonlight and nourishing gems with the lost version.

Yeah I just don't like Vaati's delivery at all. It's way too portentous and theatrical for the content, and he speaks way too slowly. ENB is a lot more casual, delivers way more incisive commentary, and overall is just much better at expressing himself.

I don't really like YouTube gaming personalities at all, but ENB is pretty cool.

The Flash

Banned

I know it's been said to death but that really sums up his whole "lore" videos. Great production, "borrowed" content (although he's started crediting a bit now) but a lot of the lore he pulls out of nowhere cause he's in love with the sound of his voice.

Meh. Suit yourself.

Grimløck;187189701 said:
i did some tests last night with +10 regular moonlight and +10 lost moonlight. the regular version won out in both 1h and 2h modes in damage. only the charge (arcane) attacks with the lost moonlight was the damage higher (by about 200). i used physical gems for regular moonlight and nourishing gems with the lost version.

Interesting to hear that you go some better combinations. But yeah it seems like the regular versions are usually better. I noticed mainly attack was improved on uncanny, but that means nerfing my Ludwig Holy Blade. Which still makes it less powerful than Ludwig. I should do some chalice dungeons so I can get some more rare drops.

Anyone who needs help? I want to try the Kos weapon for fun. Meager 224 Arcane ATK!

silva1991

I don't think he's disappointed with it at all, he said the game is great and Old Hunters is on par with Artorias, he's just too burnt out on it. I mean he just finished working on the guide for it so he's probably played the DLC and the main game to death.

But yeah, I'm bummed he probably won't do a story video for it as well.

I guess he just wasn't passionate about it like he was about DaS1 alongside of being burnt out.he didn't even make a lore videos of DaS2 iirc.

man, the first souls lore videos I ever watched were his in 2013 when I played them for the first time.

Shin-chan

Sorry the 3 day old quote but thanks man! (just caught up on the thread)

Also, the research place is so so creepy. The DLC is simply amazing so far, i can't wait to see whats left

Off topic, but I'm a big fan of your videos. I discovered your channel through your Nier Lets Play and went and bought Drakengard 3 after (as PS3 Nier is very hard to find in the UK - I have no imported a copy).

Enjoying the blind playthrough of the DLC here as well - I know you're conscious of fucking up every now and then but that's part of the fun of these games and it's good to see.

Arjen

I still like Vaati, sure he borrows a lot of theories from others, but I don't care, he's one of the few who does a great job explaining the lore in well made videos.

Shin-chan

I guess he just wasn't passionate about it like he was about DaS1 alongside of being burnt out.he didn't even make a lore videos of DaS2 iirc.

man, the first souls lore videos I ever watched were his in 2013 when I played them for the first time.

I don't think it's a lack of passion, but he's literally spent the last couple of months or however long playing the content inside out. Not only that but the book he helped write will have a comprehensive lore guide to it as well. I can see why he wants to give it a break.

He was never that involved in the process with Dark Souls, plus the mystery of the series and the depth of the stories was still new and he was one of a small group of people making videos on it. Now there are dozens.

myco666

Grimløck;187188768 said:
level 10 with the saw cleaver

i just want the moonlight sword early...lol

Wow. You seem to really want it. How low upgrades you have on that thing if it does so low damage?

takriel

Pretty much this.

myco666

Grimløck;187191513 said:
uh. no upgrades. i just rushed here. i was hoping someone could coop it for me but i just get one shot. feels bad man

You really should upgrade that weapon and bump atleast Vit. Doesn't the summoned person get levels scaled down because of your insanely low levels?

HORRORSHØW

You really should upgrade that weapon and bump atleast Vit. Doesn't the summoned person get levels scaled down because of your insanely low levels?
i have no idea, but yeah, i leveled up a bit and pumped my vit up. don't want to get one shotted at least

myco666

This is still one of the dumbest things I've heard about the lore. The Doll has eyes on the inside is really dumb also.

since when does oos 1 hit ? :_:

defeated him like 10 times and it never happend to me before

You get health reduction when summoned. You can't play as recklessy as you would on your own game.

DedValve

Banned
That fight ended quick ;_;

Hate that its so hard to dodge luddys charge move and if your in the middle of attacking your already dead. Lvl 30 vitality and still i get one shotted.

Edit: ringing again.

MechaX

I think
Orphan
malfunctioned on me. I was at the sea-wall of the stage, but the dude could not hit me for shit with any attack. I stole my win, because fuck that dude. It also seemed like being completely suicidal and rush-down-esque worked way, way better than defensive tactics.

Now I have only
Laurence
left, but I'm probably going to hold off on that until I can resub to PSN+. So far, I would say that the DLC was pretty good. Plus, it gave me some more weapons to use than just spamming the Holy Blade.

ISee

Seriously where did the 2nd
huge shark giant
came from. I am done for tonight, need a break. Do not like the current area at all, big downstep from
the Research Hall
imo. Also I am wondering. Are the
fish monsters
kin? Or are they more like beasts (Yharnam got werewolf like beasts and they got
fish like beasts
.)

So far down L
udwig
, L
aurance
, L
iving Failure
and L
ady Maria
. By the way, just a coincidence that every boss starts with a L?

Top Bottom