• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Fhtagn

guys quick question.

So I am trying to farm Blood chunks and i have decided to go the glyph route.

Problem is i forgot how to create cursed isz chalice dungeon. I have the great isz chalice but not the cursed one. So how do i go about creating a cursed one?

When you make the chalice ritual, you add extra modifiers in that menu. You need the Isz root.

guys quick question.

So I am trying to farm Blood chunks and i have decided to go the glyph route.

Problem is i forgot how to create cursed isz chalice dungeon. I have the great isz chalice but not the cursed one. So how do i go about creating a cursed one?

To create a cursed Iz you need to use the curse rite material when creating an Iz Root chalice.

To create a cursed Iz you need to use the curse rite material when creating an Iz Root chalice.

I just don't see the option for creating the chalice. I have all the cursed materials.
All I'm seeing in the Isz column is the great Isz chalice.

Do i need to make the great isz chalice, complete it, which unlock the root chalice etc..?

I just don't see the option for creating the chalice. I have all the cursed materials.
All I'm seeing in the Isz column is the great Isz chalice.

Do i need to make the great isz chalice, complete it, which unlock the root chalice etc..?

Yes you need the Iz Root Chalice. For that you need to beat the Great Iz Chalice

which fights did everyone solo and didn't solo in the DLC for me I solo'd
Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

I only Co-oped
Living Failures
and that's just cause I was doing co-op at the time and not because I couldn't beat them on my own.

neoism

so i posted in the trade thead but ill try here once just for a long shot.. im soo dumb.. i really to wanted to play this and go to cvs and get a 20 dolla gift card get home cook breakfast.. and fucking realize its a
20 dolla steam gift card...-_-

if anyone was get anything on steam would they be willing to trade
my 20 dolla card for a 20 dolla psn card so i can play this...

:( and i just cant believe my shitty luck..:/ im sooo dumb...

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

Did em all solo except for
Laurence
. Not a fan of damage sponges, and the run to get to him after dying was fucking tedious.

Tried about 8 or so times solo, not even getting him down to 50% health, before I called it.

Edzi

Ludwig
Living Failures
Lady Maria
had to get back up for
Orphan of Kos
and still stuck on
Laurence

On NG+++, and I soloed everyone except Ludwig and Laurence. For them, I used Valtr to help take care of the first forms, and then he died immediately after their transformations and I took care of the rest myself. I don't normally summon coop on my first run, but NG+++ Ludwig and Laurence were just getting to be a little too annoying.

On NG+++, and I soloed everyone except Ludwig and Laurence. For them, I used Valtr to help take care of the first forms, and then he died immediately after their transformations and I took care of the rest myself. I don't normally summon coop on my first run, but NG+++ Ludwig and Laurence were just getting to be a little too annoying.

I'm on NG++++ and even with co-op I can't get Laurence done either I die too fast or my partners he is cheap.

I've done them all solo except
Ludwig
, and that was because I was at a ridiculously low level (42, used Valtr) trying to snag a Rakuyo as fast as possible.

Edzi

I'm on NG++++ and even with co-op I can't get Laurence done either I die too fast or my partners he is cheap.

With Valtr, you can get past the first form pretty easily since he'll act as a tank and draw his attention. He'll die immediately during the second form, but all you have to do then is hang back until he uses the lava breath and then move in on his right side for a single charged R2, then get ready to dodge away. Don't attack him at any other time. It's slow and it takes a while, but I found it to be the best way to take him down.

Oh, also equip some HP runes so he can't one shot you. I had all 3 Clockwise Metamorphosis runes equipped which gave me a little over 2000 hp. Without those, a bunch of the DLC bosses kept one shotting me.

With Valtr, you can get past the first form pretty easily since he'll act as a tank and draw his attention. He'll die immediately during the second form, but all you have to do then is hang back until he uses the lava breath and then move in on his right side for a single charged R2, then get ready to dodge away. Don't attack him at any other time. It's slow and it takes a while, but I found it to be the best way to take him down.

Oh, also equip some HP runes so he can't one shot you. I had all 3 Clockwise Metamorphosis runes equipped which gave me a little over 2000 hp. Without those, a bunch of the DLC bosses kept one shotting me.

for me Valtr sucks he mostly dies in the first phase sometimes survives till next lol

Afrocious

The thing about
Laurence
is that you can't be greedy in that fight. He has way too much health and does too much damage, but he's predictable. Hit him when he's recovering, especially after he does that two handed slam.

Game4life

Banned
Living Failures is easily the worst boss in the entire game.

Yup. The most useless boss. Throwaway music too.

Ehh its fun in coop as you both run around taking on individual guys. Ludwig was far less enjoyable

Ludwig was challenging, had a great second phase and some of the best design and music for any boss in a souls game. Living failure is aptly named and is a failure in each one of these categories imo.

FH is amazing. Level and art design. Reminds me a bit of DeS VoD.

Outside of the amazing art design, atmosphere, and presentational aspects, I was actually pretty disappointed with the level. I didn't think the level design was particularly exceptional, and I especially didn't like the encounter design. It was mostly just spam hordes, and some bs stuff like giants with casters and ranged dudes nearby. The gameplay design kind of reminded me of Dark Souls 2 tbh. The boss fight and the aforementioned presentation of it helped redeem it though.

I much prefer the first DLC area for encounter design, and the second DLC area for level design.

Auctopus

Outside of the amazing art design, atmosphere, and presentational aspects, I was actually pretty disappointed with the level. I didn't think the level design was particularly exceptional, and I especially didn't like the encounter design. It was mostly just spam hordes, and some bs stuff like giants with casters and ranged dudes nearby. The gameplay design kind of reminded me of Dark Souls 2 tbh. The boss fight and the aforementioned presentation of it helped redeem it though.

I much prefer the first DLC area for encounter design, and the second DLC area for level design.

I've just got to the lower half of the swampy area with the caves and am now enjoying it a lot less. Like the whole DLC, it's a little up an down.

Yeah I agree. First two areas were better. Third areas boss is awesome though. But I think
ludwig
is a great boss (even if the amount of damage he can take feels out of place).

Overall though the second area was one of my favs in the entire game.

Fhtagn

FH is amazing. Level and art design. Reminds me a bit of DeS VoD.

Yes, same here. While underneath a building on stilts, I realized "oh shit, this is a VoD homage, but different enough to not be obvious."

It feels much smaller though because it's really four small areas smoothly connected to each other rather than one gigantic bisected lake with a single obvious path and a, err, town(?) at the end of it.

This DLC in particular has me very excited about Dark Souls 3; they have obviously got their level design and boss design philosophy nailed down to a science.

My one gripe is that I could do with a few less "this will obviously be where the short cut is later" tells and "this large room must be a boss fight" that undermines the entire tension of the "no fog door until you've found the boss" concept.

HORRORSHØW

can someone help me with ludwig real quick?

got here at level 10 on my ng. i just want the moonlight sword.

ringing in front with GAFHUNT password

okay, so I just got a blood gem that gives Physical ATK up 22.3% but it also increases stamina costs 2.9%

However, after testing it out, i can't see a difference at all with the stamina costs of attacks

Is this gem really as good as it seems?

I also have another one that is Phys ATK up 20.6% but WPN durability down -60.8. That doesn't seem to drop max durability on the weapon, so what is it actually doing? And is it worth the cost for that ATK up?

Side note, finally got Rakuyo and I'm actually kind of disappointed :( I'm going to build up Church Pick as well because that just seems way cooler...

HORRORSHØW

okay, so I just got a blood gem that gives Physical ATK up 22.3% but it also increases stamina costs 2.9%

However, after testing it out, i can't see a difference at all with the stamina costs of attacks

the stamina increase gems are generally the best cursed games.

the other random curses are way worse.

the best you can get is 27.2% phys and like 3% stamina increase i think

Ferr986

I also have another one that is Phys ATK up 20.6% but WPN durability down -60.8. That doesn't seem to drop max durability on the weapon, so what is it actually doing? And is it worth the cost for that ATK up?

Side note, finally got Rakuyo and I'm actually kind of disappointed :( I'm going to build up Church Pick as well because that just seems way cooler...

Stamina costs are barely noticeable so they're the best cursed gems.

The durability down doesnt take out durability but makes it decrease faster. It's noticeable, especially with some weapons like Chikage or Burial Blade. They can barely last one Depth 5 Chalice floor.

myco666

Yeah, I'll be doing that, and returning to the DLC before killing MWN at Mensis, and after getting the gems in the Winter Lantern bridge. I might try it even before that to see how it goes. Just to be sure, there's nothing in the main game that affects the DLC, including entering the
burning dream
phase?

I haven't had such a long pause before the release of DLC, as I cleared the Defiled chalice in August, and proceeded towards a third playthrough after that. Although, when I returned to the game, I noticed that I often accidentally pressed square instead of X, and ended up using items for nothing. Dunno why. =)

If you kill
Gehrman
before entering the DLC you will miss some unique dialog from Doll. Nothing else as far as I know.

Holy shit that Bowblade is stupidly good. Took down the optional boss really easily by just back dashing and doing charged shots. 500-900 damage per hit. Kinda boring playstyle to be honest but it is really effective atleast on some bosses. Bet it would destroy Ebrietas in seconds.

Can you spoil?

I beat him once and nothing happened. Didn't think he had any further relevance.

After you beat him in 2 or 3 locations (forget what number) in the Hamlet, the harrowed hunter should show up by the lighthouse lantern on the floor (if you talked to him in his locations in the other areas). He will give you a key to the underground cell beneath the church where the hunter has locked himself away. You fight him again there and then get the rest of his outfit and his weapon.

But it's weird how he comes back every time even after you beat him.

Yeah, that's another thing I don't like about that level.

Game4life

Banned

I thought the shortcuts in the third area were more satisfying than the second. When I saw three shortcuts arising out of the same area I was amazed. I loved how everything connected and also visually it was stunning. I will agree on the encounter design though. Second area had the best blend of encounter and level design.

myco666

After you beat him in 2 or 3 locations (forget what number) in the Hamlet, the harrowed hunter should show up by the lighthouse lantern on the floor (if you talked to him in his locations in the other areas). He will give you a key to the underground cell beneath the church where the hunter has locked himself away. You fight him again there and then get the rest of his outfit and his weapon.

Yeah, that's another thing I don't like about that level.

No need to kill the 'invader' at all in order to get Harrowed Hunter show up in Lighthouse Hut. He should be there immediately as long as you talked to him everytime prior to that.

I thought the shortcuts in the third area were more satisfying than the second. When I saw three shortcuts arising out of the same area I was amazed. I loved how everything connected and also visually it was stunning. I will agree on the encounter design though. Second area had the best blend of encounter and level design.

I thought the shortcuts were a little lazy in the third area tbh. They are super obvious, whereas in the other two areas the levels seem crazy intimidating and intricate, and it feels like a reward and surprise when you stumble upon them. The ones in the hamlet are like "here are two doors that don't open from this side right next to the lantern". And you access the shortcuts really quickly since the area itself is probably the smallest/easiest to blow through out of the three.

No need to kill the 'invader' at all in order to get Harrowed Hunter show up in Lighthouse Hut. He should be there immediately as long as you talked to him everytime prior to that.

Ah gotcha. I must not have noticed him on the floor then.

Top Bottom