• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Game4life

Banned
The Research Hall is CREEPING ME OUT. Actually just had to stop playing for the night as the noises were making me too paranoid. Amazing atmosphere, though, on par with Upper Cathedral Ward and Hypogean Gaol (first visit).

If the rest of the DLC keeps up this level of quality, Bloodborne will probably edge out DS1 as my favourite in the series overall.

It is a superbly designed level. Absolute masterly stuff from Miyazaki. Loved exploring the place.

I'm going into this DLC blind but i've heard that it is extremely hard so I started a game over the weekend on New Game Plus so that I could increase the diffuculty a bit more. My character is pretty powered up (now at level 100), i'm 1-2 shotting most normal mobs and I beat Blood Starved Beast last night and he seemed to take more hits than usual before going down, so it looks like I might have my work cut out for me in The Old Hunters DLC. Can anyone confirm if this was a good or bad choice? The more difficult the better. Should I start a new game from the begining or is New Game Plus the best way to increase the difficulty of The Old Hunter's DLC?

dan2026

I'm going into this DLC blind but i've heard that it is extremely hard so I started a game over the weekend on New Game Plus so that I could increase the diffuculty a bit more. My character is pretty powered up (now at level 100), i'm 1-2 shotting most normal mobs and I beat Blood Starved Beast last night and he seemed to take more hits than usual before going down, so it looks like I might have my work cut out for me in The Old Hunters DLC. Can anyone confirm is this was a good or bad choice? The more difficult the better. Should I start a new game from the begining or is New Game Plus the best way to increase the difficulty of The Old Hunter's DLC?

I am level 104 on NG+. The DLC is kicking my ass sideways

Afrocious

I'm going into this DLC blind but i've heard that it is extremely hard so I started a game over the weekend on New Game Plus so that I could increase the diffuculty a bit more. My character is pretty powered up (now at level 100), i'm 1-2 shotting most normal mobs and I beat Blood Starved Beast last night and he seemed to take more hits than usual before going down, so it looks like I might have my work cut out for me in The Old Hunters DLC. Can anyone confirm if this was a good or bad choice? The more difficult the better. Should I start a new game from the begining or is New Game Plus the best way to increase the difficulty of The Old Hunter's DLC?

Go NG++ if you want to have fun with HP bars

ScribbleD

You will get a solid challenge out of the DLC. The difficulty level overall is quite high compared to the base game, and even other Souls games. More importantly than playing on NG or NG+, though, just try to avoid over-leveling the content if you want to make the most of the difficulty. It's harder to out level the fights in NG+, but just be weary of it. Enjoy!

LegoArmo

Just beat the first boss, always solo the first time through. I'm level 85 (40 vit, 40 str) which might be on the high end, but it's definitely a decent challenge.

Loved the first area, can't wait to see the rest!

Wait, he was supposed to drop something?!

Finalow

Beast transformation + Beast Claw is my new favorite thing. Coop with other players while roaring and jump slashing is super badass.
I'd like to try that but I would need to grind more chalice dungeons with this character in order to get the weapon.

uugh

deoee

Just beat the first boss, always solo the first time through. I'm level 85 (40 vit, 40 str) which might be on the high end, but it's definitely a decent challenge.

Loved the first area, can't wait to see the rest!

Wait, he was supposed to drop something?!

His head lays next to the lamp.
The rest you have to figure out yourself!

neoism

You have to reload the entire area, I believe.

i did i talked tothe head and its just laughing at me...-_- he is the only boss i killed so far the dude in the first area just had the eye pendant on him???

i swear please tell me this sword isnt missable...
����
lol wow im dumb i killed him and he droped it lol

i did i talked tothe head and its just laughing at me...-_- he is the only boss i killed so far the dude in the first area just had the eye pendant on him???

i swear please tell me this sword isnt missable...
����

I don't think it is. I just came back later and I saw an item. Didn't even know there was a head!

Anybody else think
Living Failures
was harder than
Maria
?
Maria
is definitely way more fun to fight, but I just wish it was a lot more challenging.

Vitor711

So, I've been forced to uninstall BB and redownload the DLC 3 times now. Every time I quit the game (and I do the in-game menu quit, not just a system power-down), it seems to corrupt the save. I keep getting a "Unable to Locate the Old Hunters, DLC must be downloaded again to continue" message. Anyone else having this issue? I've restored licenses and rebuilt the database and nothing works.

Having to redownload the DLC wouldn't be a problem if PSN didn't delete the downloaded file once you're done with it... Also, at 9GBs, it takes me 4 hours to download something that would be a 20 minute wait on my PC through Steam.

I've barely made it past the first boss as a result and was looking to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Draper

Man, I feel like he hits harder than I'm used to! This is NG right?

This is like, NG++(?) I believe for the base game.

Is there a way to tell?

In either case, I put up one hell of a fight on my own there. Got him to a quarter remaining, but then he did his super power thingy :(

Is there a way to tell?

In either case, I put up one hell of a fight on my own there. Got him to a quarter remaining, but then he did his super power thingy :(

Still need help at Ludwig? If so what's the pass

ScribbleD

Anybody else think
Living Failures
was harder than
Maria
?
Maria
is definitely way more fun to fight, but I just wish it was a lot more challenging.

I feel like she is this game's equivalent to Artorias. Insanely cool duel full of flashy moves with another hunter, but not terribly challenging. She's not quite a push-over, but I feel like she serves that type of purpose.

Speaking of which, can someone explain what everyone's issue with
Laurence
is? All of his phase 1 moves are identical to Cleric Beast's, except in this case you have a wider room and fewer camera problems. Is phase 2 really causing all this grief?

Is there a way to tell?

Oh lol, that would explain it. For the super just get close and circle around as he's charging. Easy to avoid.

Edit: lol 1-shot.

DukeBobby

Anybody else think
Living Failures
was harder than
Maria
?
Maria

I did.

I died four times to
Living Failures
but only once to
Maria
. Both of them are definitely the easiest bosses in the DLC, though.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like I will stick to NG+ as I just don't have time to do another run through and start on NG++ (also i'm dying to see the new DLC content). I though I had the whole weekend to play but managed to only put aside 3 hours of playtime where I had to deal with about 5 crashes to the Ps4 dashboard and 1 hard crash where the Ps4 turned off and when I managed to get it back on the Bloodborne save file had been corrupted!! This has never happened to me before and I was mortified, I remembered I had copied a save file to usb stick the last time I had played (which was over 3 months ago) so I managed to dig that out but had to beat the true last boss again
moon presence
before starting again on NG+ where I compeltely destroyed everything on my way to Blood Starved Beast who managed to down me twice (I had heaps of trouble with this guy and Amelia on my first playthrough so twice wasn't too bad imo lol).

So yea 3 hours, I managed to get a lot done (picked up every single item, killed every enemy etc), I was gonna take the day off work I was so hungus to play some more but it's end of the month so had some shit to do here. Anyways, looking forward to playing tonight and hopefully I get some signs of where the actual DLC begins as I currently have no idea but because i'm always very throrough I don't think I have seen anything that lets me access the DLC just yet.

Top Bottom