• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

It's mainly been a VIT issue. The hardest parts of the DLC for me so far have been the patients and Ludwig. It only took a few patient to get me before I was dead and Ludwig just felt like a brick.

Other than that, it hasn't been too bad. In Vanilla, I'm at Nightmare of Mensis but as I said earlier in the thread, I'd say this DLC is some of the hardest Souls I've played. But the difficulty has been a roller coaster.

Interesting that the patients gave you more trouble than the hunters in area 1. I thought the research hall had the easiest PVE of the three areas (unless you get mobbed). I agree the DLC is the hardest stretch of Souls gaming I've done as well.

AHA-Lambda

Oh God, haven't got around to playing this yet, will do probably this week but the impressions from some are making it sounds almost too hard =/

Curufinwe

I ended up spending most of today grinding the Lecture room so I could upgrade all my weapons to +6, then I did some Chalice dungeons after finally getting the Arcane Haze Extractor.

Tomorrow I'll get back in to the DLC.

Oh God, haven't got around to playing this yet, will do probably this week but the impressions from some are making it sounds almost too hard =/

It's really hard but I don't think it's too hard. It's a suitable difficulty if you have played through the base game. A solid step up to provide a challenge for experienced players.

I'm really not very good at the game at all, but I beat the whole thing without summoning. If you can beat bosses like Ebrietas, Vicar Emilia, and Gherman you should roughly know what to expect from the bosses (which is where most of the difficulty comes from).

Auctopus

Interesting that the patients gave you more trouble than the hunters in area 1. I thought the research hall had the easiest PVE of the three areas (unless you get mobbed). I agree the DLC is the hardest stretch of Souls gaming I've done as well.

The hunters were also a pain but only the ones wielding Beast Cutters really.

What the best level for the DLC on NG+?

I think I am about lv104.

I did it 100% solo at 115 with 50VIT, 50SKL and 26BLT.

A few bosses will hand your ass to you on a bloodied silver platter multiple times.

The hunters at the very beginning of the DLC can wipe you out in 2 clean, strong hits.

It's a legit challenge, to be sure, but that's exactly what I wanted.

I'd say give it a go where you're at now and maybe consider pumping your VIT if shit gets too hectic (this is what I did; VIT was initially at 46).

I asked this in the other thread, but it's p much dead with this one:

As a STR build, is it worth upping my Arcane to 15 to use the Phantasm Shell buff?

I asked this in the other thread, but it's p much dead with this one:

As a STR build, is it worth upping my Arcane to 15 to use the Phantasm Shell buff?

Mmmm no, maybe, are you already 50 in Vit, Stamina and Str? then yes, the DLC bosses are quite resistance to Arcane, the enemies are vulnerable to Fire and Lightning.

what's Vermin items for ?

The vermines are for the League sidequest on the lost woods, you need to collect 5 at least to end the questline

it's not necessary but hey arcane is fun
I know I want to try it!

Mmmm no, maybe, are you already 50 in Vit, Stamina and Str? then yes, the DLC bosses are quite resistance to Arcane, the enemies are vulnerable to Fire and Lightning.
VIT/END/STR are all at 40 right now. I was hoping maybe the phantasm buf would help me against the DLC bosses, bummer. I hate having to use finite resources when I know a boss is going to take many tries.

dan2026

I did it 100% solo at 115 with 50VIT, 50SKL and 26BLT.

A few bosses will hand your ass to you on a bloodied silver platter multiple times.

The hunters at the very beginning of the DLC can wipe you out in 2 clean, strong hits.

It's a legit challenge, to be sure, but that's exactly what I wanted.

I'd say give it a go where you're at now and maybe consider pumping your VIT if shit gets too hectic (this is what I did; VIT was initially at 46).

I've got to Ludwig and I cannot beat that guy.
Too fast, too aggressive, does way too much damage.

deoee

Anyone up for OoK?

I got him down to about 1/4 of his hp and then the stupid lightning attack killed me.
I'm NG+ SL 122 and in front of him right now.
Password will be
Kosm

You can message me if you want or add me on PSN: deoee0

Fantastic run. Really well done!
lol thx. hardest and most satisfying to beat boss i have ever done. it seems impossible at first but once you perfect phase one dodging you feel full on beast mode.

i then went and did the dreaded chalice dungeon bosses watchdog and the queen and basically walked them after doing this. Crazy how much harder this guy is but its great.

I have no idea how you survive in front of him. I can't dodge ANY of his attacks if I stay in front.

just keep at it. its just about learning the timing into muscle memory.

Anbec7

Finally beat the first boss! Thanks for the tips I stuck to him like glue praying to not get hit sometimes.. oddly enough after observing his second phase, I found it easier...

I've got to Ludwig and I cannot beat that guy.
Too fast, too aggressive, does way too much damage.

Well, we all say that in the beginning, don't we? :)

You really need to learn his move set. I mean, you will, just by pure unconscious symbiosis due to the amount of time you're bound to spend with him. It's totally doable.

I highly, highly recommend the Burial Blade for him. Two hand it and go at him with the L2 move set. Man, it's such a good boss weapon. The reach is invaluable.

The Research Hall is CREEPING ME OUT. Actually just had to stop playing for the night as the noises were making me too paranoid. Amazing atmosphere, though, on par with Upper Cathedral Ward and Hypogean Gaol (first visit).

If the rest of the DLC keeps up this level of quality, Bloodborne will probably edge out DS1 as my favourite in the series overall.

Top Bottom