• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

MilkBeard

One thing I love about the DLC so far is that
the enemies seem to fight each other. There was this ghoul that attacked a dog. And the hunters routinely clear out other monsters before you fight them. So cool.

Blobbers

Hes Ez

just lazily beat him :V

Might just be my poverty character. Started today on her and was level 35 when I started the DLC with a +3 Saw Cleaver. The idea was to use the rest of the chunks one the first new weapon I find. The first one I found was the club-whip one so I got it to +6. The got annihilated by
Ludwig
so I grinded at the college to level 55. Now,
Ludwig
is much more manageable but alas,
she was by his side the whole time.

finalflame

Is the buring
Cleric Beast in the Grand Cathedral
cradled
in a statue's hands
... Not a boss?

Kinda wondering the same. I
picked up the item it was holding
and my
co-op partner seemed to be blocked by a fog gate
. But I couldn't get the
boss to activate, even tried hitting it.

Tendo

I pre ordered on my phone around 10 and in my ps4 it says installed but has the button shows the pre order timer. Am I good to go?

taybul

Welp looped around and found the shortcut back to the first lamp. Good as time as any to call it. No deaths so far, surprised to see
BSB
What's tough about these hunter enemies is it's hard to tell them apart from a regular enemy. I approached one slowly thinking it was a hunter and got ambushed.

epmode

So where's the first lantern in the DLC? I have to repair my weapon back at Hunter's Dream because I haven't played in months and oh god I'm terrible.

SRTtoZ

Fuck! I had no idea that Blood chunks were so expensive (30 insight!) so now I'm off to farm a bunch on that stupid Brainsucker chalice boss. O well, it will be worth it for my sexy
Furnace
weapon :) Its an A scale STR at +8 so I wonder if it scales to S at +10.

So where's the first lantern in the DLC? I have to repair my weapon because I haven't played in months and oh god I'm terrible.

Right when you get inside.

I pre ordered on my phone around 10 and in my ps4 it says installed but has the button shows the pre order timer. Am I good to go?

Yes.

So where's the first lantern in the DLC? I have to repair my weapon because I haven't played in months and oh god I'm terrible.
There is a
shortcut once you get pass the bloody river with those gaint blood licking ticks. There is a friendly hunter down a hallway with a door leading to the lantern

SRTtoZ

Haha, I ran right by it three times now. Thanks.

I did the same thing. I got all the way to the
Bloodsuckers and the guys with guns on the bridge and was like 'really no latern yet?', so I ran all the way back and was like, oops lol.

burgerdog

First boss down on first attempt. From, that was godlike. Holy fuck.

I would also love to find out how far in the bow. I did the first boss with my lv100 pvp dude but time to switch to my lv40 gal.

Question:
I killed Ludwig (amazing music, was that a reprise of Moonlight Butterfly during the second form?) His head is the only thing that remains, I talked to it and he was seeking something before turning full crazy. Is there an item to find or should I finish him?

mjp2417

Banned
NG+ people, what level are you at for the new stuff and how are you finding it so far? Trying to figure out if I should run through more of the main game (just beat Amelia) or jump right in. I'm at level 113 btw

Okay the area after first boss,
the tower
am I supposed to
kill all the non-hostile things?
or is there any benefit to it? I tried
wearing the enlarged head, but the ones I spoke to did not change. Plip plop plip plop. Splish splash splish splash.

MilkBeard

The trick with fatty is to beat him before he powers up. Afterward it's really hard to get close to him and dodge his hits.

Remind how the Beasts overwhelmed Yharam?! Because these
Hunter mobs are fricken tough/badass, it's like fighting a small NPC army. There plowing through the monster mobs if they dare to wander near them

Only played about 30minutes but I'm loving it.
Died once to whatever the he'll came out of the door of the
grand cathedral.

KaoteK

Ok gaf, I really, really need this dlc, my problem is getting hold of it.

Let me explain:

I have an Asian copy of the game (region 3) so because of the stupid region locking on dlc, I need to buy it from the Asian store. I live in Cambodia so I can't add my visa (Cambodia isn't officially supported by Sony.)

PayPal is a no go because I can't add funds from my Cambodian bank.

Does anyone know how I can get codes online for the Asian store?

It is the very definition of a first world problem (in a third world country)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Hikami

Ugh.. Do I have to create a new character for this? Can't seem to access the DLC. Already beaten Amelia on this character and there's no cutscenes when I go to the skull so I've already viewed them. No item shows up in the Hunter's Dream though.

Ugh.. Do I have to create a new character for this? Can't seem to access the DLC. Already beaten Amelia on this character and there's no cutscenes when I go to the skull so I've already viewed them. No item shows up in the Hunter's Dream though.

Same here. This is really upsetting. I have defeated Rom the Vacuous Fuckhead though.

NG+ people, what level are you at for the new stuff and how are you finding it so far? Trying to figure out if I should run through more of the main game (just beat Amelia) or jump right in. I'm at level 113 btw
Lvl 182 here; it was pretty simple in the first 20 minutes. But one enemy is giving me a challenge. I won't spoil it so you can see for yourself.

Makeda

Ok gaf, I really, really need this dlc, my problem is getting hold of it.

Let me explain:

I have an Asian copy of the game (region 3) so because of the stupid region locking on dlc, I need to buy it from the Asian store. I live in Cambodia so I can't add my visa (Cambodia isn't officially supported by Sony.)

PayPal is a no go because I can't add funds from my Cambodian bank.

Does anyone know how I can get codes online for the Asian store?

It is the very definition of a first world problem (in a third world country)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

You can try Play Asia - http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/playstation_network/14/711z3

I personally use their digital code method for the UK Nintendo Network a lot so you should be fine~

Top Bottom