• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

I don't know why they made Church Cannon, and G Gun so bad. Rosmarinus and Flamesprayer do way more damage then G gun and cannon does more then church cannon LOL. Maybe G gun needs to be at like 99 bloodtinge??

Church Cannon uses less bullets though. It having a arc on the shot sucks though and I don't believe it works against bosses very well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its not like a subpar build has any role playing value. So I see no reason why you should force players to roll up another character just to play PVP the way they want or even just to try a new weapon to spice up PvE. Respeccing and upgrade abundance were just two of the QoL improvements DkS2 made that BB did away with for no real reason.

Akara

Banned
Gatling Gun is a pvp weapon designed to chase back dash healing.

Ah so its like Rosmarinus, a PVP weapon, not bad. Church cannon I used on boss sucks poo. Maybe its cause I didn't use bone marrow but I only got 600 damage for 7 bullets yet my black sky eye does 400-800. SMH.

Now that I have a high STR pizzacutter character in new game plus and will get beast mode for her too, and got a high arc character the parasite +10, I really want to experience a skill/bloodtinge character to see other weapons. What are the two best new weapons for skill/blood so I can save my Rocks for those?

Bowblade is about it for Skill/bloodtinge. If you add strength to the mix, there's also the Bloodletter. But I think that's about it. Unless you're willing to go for a pure skill weapon like the Rakuyo.

twothreesix

Neo Member
The Gatling Gun is decent if, like me, you haven't invested a single point into bloodtinge. The low scaling doesn't matter because it has pretty high base damage, making it the highest damaging firearm I can even equip. It's been good for quickly finishing off enemies at a distance.

Carcetti

Bowblade is about it for Skill/bloodtinge. If you add strength to the mix, there's also the Bloodletter. But I think that's about it. Unless you're willing to go for a pure skill weapon like the Rakuyo.

All right, bowblade sounds good. Isn't that quite far in the DLC, though? I don't think I actually looted it so far even though I got most of the other weapons.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
All right, bowblade sounds good. Isn't that quite far in the DLC, though? I don't think I actually looted it so far even though I got most of the other weapons.

It's at the last area of the DLC, hahah... :(

Well, if you don't want to kill a certain person that is.

Also, Reiterpallasch's shots is actually more powerful than even fully upgraded Evelyn at 50 BT, provided no BMA is used so... yeah.

Mutombo

Now that I have a high STR pizzacutter character in new game plus and will get beast mode for her too, and got a high arc character the parasite +10, I really want to experience a skill/bloodtinge character to see other weapons. What are the two best new weapons for skill/blood so I can save my Rocks for those?

Come on guys, like al Souls games there is no best weapon, but everyone keeps asking. It's how you like to play and what moveset you prefer.

I'm a skill build, and just got the church pick to +10. Before that I rocked blades of mercy and burial blade.

I prefer the pick over the burial blade because of it's speed, and I prefer the one handed moveset more.

Just found the rakuyo as well, but can't really use it because only just upgraded it to +5. Moveset seems really nice but you won't really know until you start fighting.

I also have the beast claws waiting for that new moveset, but I need to kill a certain boss first.

Is no one using amygdala arm as a weapon though? It seems quite cool?

Akara

Banned
You can kill Simon to get it really early on at the shortcut to the first lamp

But that's mean :(

Amy Arm has crazy range in tricked form, I don't like untricked form unfortunately, but that trick formed makes me be like threaded cane wat.

HORRORSHØW

133 :\

I consider my self pretty damn good at Bloodborne but god damn it man the enemies hit hard! I just cant seem to judge these new enemies attack patterns. Especially the hunters with that long reach chain weapon, that you can't even dodge.

just cant find my groove like I did with the vanilla game.

i struggled pretty heavily at that level too on ng+ at first. things got easier the more i played, though.

all of the hunters are pretty easy to parry, especially the whip and hammer dudes. they have a long wind-up time during their attacks.

Ah so its like Rosmarinus, a PVP weapon, not bad. Church cannon I used on boss sucks poo. Maybe its cause I didn't use bone marrow but I only got 600 damage for 7 bullets yet my black sky eye does 400-800. SMH.

Honestly it isn't. You really think people can't dash away from you when you lurch slowly towards them with that gattling gun? It's better to just pursue and gun em in the face when they vial for a parry, if you can that is. But the gattling gun won't make any difference there.

myco666

Its not like a subpar build has any role playing value. So I see no reason why you should force players to roll up another character just to play PVP the way they want or even just to try a new weapon to spice up PvE. Respeccing and upgrade abundance were just two of the QoL improvements DkS2 made that BB did away with for no real reason.

Thing is I don't feel like I am forced to roll out a new character. I will gladly start over and build a character towards a specific weapon and see the build taking shape while learning to use the weapon. I already have 8 different builds that are all ready to go for PVP if I ever wanted. Also if you want to spice up PvE you should go to NG+ anyway since enemies in NG become a joke if you have +10 weapon with high stats. Then you get again bunch of materials to upgrade new weapons you want to try out.

Akara

Banned
Honestly it isn't. You really think people can't dash away from you when you lurch slowly towards them with that gattling gun? It's better to just pursue and gun em in the face when they vial for a parry, if you can that is. But the gattling gun won't make any difference there.

I usually chuck a numbing mist or throw poison knives, I think I'm the only one that does that in PVP.

Roussow

Okay, defeated OoK, need some help,
where am I to go exactly? I hit his shadow and got that cutscene -- it there more?

Donos

I consider my self pretty damn good at Bloodborne but god damn it man the enemies hit hard! I just cant seem to judge these new enemies attack patterns. Especially the hunters with that long reach chain weapon, that you can't even dodge.

Like with most enemies / bosses, dodge into them (forward left or forward right), so their chain attacks don't hit you. Mid distance is bad against them so stay close, hit them, retreat or finish them of quickly.

Had the same problem in the beginning

Carcetti

Come on guys, like al Souls games there is no best weapon, but everyone keeps asking. It's how you like to play and what moveset you prefer.

Well, I like str weapons and while I love the moveset (and the knockdown power) of the Kirkhammer, in the end it doesn't hold a candle to either Ludwig's or Pizzacutter when it comes to actually killing things. The axe loses some of that amazing early game power too. That potential isn't even revealed until you fully upgrade everything to +10 and play for hours, not to mention that having only 2 blood rocks is really limiting unless you grind chalice mats (which I haven't done).

You can kill Simon to get it really early on at the shortcut to the first lamp

It's at the last area of the DLC, hahah... :(

Well, if you don't want to kill a certain person that is.

Also, Reiterpallasch's shots is actually more powerful than even fully upgraded Evelyn at 50 BT, provided no BMA is used so... yeah.

Oh you can get it from THAT guy. His life expectancy just got really short.

Ferr986

Thing is I don't feel like I am forced to roll out a new character. I will gladly start over and build a character towards a specific weapon and see the build taking shape while learning to use the weapon. I already have 8 different builds that are all ready to go for PVP if I ever wanted. Also if you want to spice up PvE you should go to NG+ anyway since enemies in NG become a joke if you have +10 weapon with high stats. Then you get again bunch of materials to upgrade new weapons you want to try out.

I would be OK with a 1 time per character (not per NG) respec. Mainly because you have to do all of the chalice dungeons on every character (well, you don't , but let's be real, you have a huge disavantage if not).

Don't care much otherwise, I have like 6 character already, but a couple of them I would gladly respec them because I'm not 100% happy with them.

Knuf

Started playing Hunter's nightmare last night, and holy shit at dem recycled assets: when I firstly got there, I honestly thought I chose the wrong headstone and I was in Oedon Chapel instead, LOL.
Dat skybox tho.
Enjoying the new enemies a lot, even though those dogs are a real pain in the ass. I finally died in that river of blood losing >200k blood echoes: god, I love this game sooo much.

Akara

Banned
Church Cannon uses less bullets though. It having a arc on the shot sucks though and I don't believe it works against bosses very well.

Oh god it uses 10 bullets, and also it did only 1.1k damage + 9 church cannon to bloodletter beast in chalice with BONE ARROW MASH! Y YOU DO THIS FROM!

Hopefully its good in pvp cause wow that was bad lol.

NeoGiff

The new gear looks nice and all, but I still can't part ways with my Hunter Garb :(

9zEVOvj.jpg

mulac

Any word yet on when the guide is out? I have it on preorder through Amazon but wondering if I should just cancel...

Want it for the lore and artwork vs using in the DLC itself.

myco666

I would be OK with a 1 time per character (not per NG) respec. Mainly because you have to do all of the chalice dungeons on every character (well, you don't , but let's be real, you have a huge disavantage if not).

Don't care much otherwise, I have like 6 character already, but a couple of them I would gladly respec them because I'm not 100% happy with them.

I would be okay with it as well. My first build was all over the place and I would have liked to jank points from useless stats I bumped. Now it is almost lvl200 though with lot of stats at 50 so I don't need the respeccing anymore.

I actually haven't done Chalices at all aside from one character that went through them all. I guess I should go get some better gems for other characters but I really don't want to go through Chalices again since you need to go through all the piss easy ones thoroughly so that you don't need to farm materials.

Oh god it uses 10 bullets, and also it did only 1.1k damage + 9 church cannon to bloodletter beast in chalice with BONE ARROW MASH! Y YOU DO THIS FROM!

Hopefully its good in pvp cause wow that was bad lol.

That's less than 2 charged Bowblade shots. Costs 2 bullets, no ash needed :p

I guess I should go get some better gems for other characters but I really don't want to go through Chalices again since you need to go through all the piss easy ones thoroughly so that you don't need to farm materials.

How do the new materials through the insight vendor work? Do you need to have acquired them first? Or completed certain dungeons?

Do you still need to do all those chalice dungeons for materials now that they're all sold through the vendor?

myco666

How do the new materials through the insight vendor work? Do you need to have acquired them first? Or completed certain dungeons?

Do you still need to do all those chalice dungeons for materials now that they're all sold through the vendor?

As far as I know you unlock them to shops same way as before patches so you need to beat bunch of them and later ones unlock only after you beat the Ihyll Chalice.

You can farm chunks pretty easily though. I think this one 5pwujscd chalice dungeon you can get to the boss REALLY fast, like I think it was left and then up the stairs and follow it up for the lever. Like 2 minutes. Equip an eye rune and they should drop 1 to 2 chunks per fight. Watchers as boss btw, you can dispose of them real quick with viscerals.

Anyone know an easy way to get a lot of chunks ?

There ya go. Need to have the Isz root chalice though for that one.

I felt the same when I started the DLC, after I'd explored and looted the whole first area, I just started running past the chain hunter enemies, I couldn't be bothered dealing with them. Some of them you can take out easier whilst they are occupied with enemies, but if they're giving you a hard time I would suggest just running by them, after the first boss you don't have to deal with them any more.

Gbraga

I believe in you senpai.

I think after playing through my new game a bit, I'm gonna go strength. If Bloodtinge isn't "aw man, let's use a neat weapon and then have fun with guns" and is instead "just use the Chikage, there's no other viable strat" then I think I'd rather have some fun in weapon variety.

Wanted to go Arcane but if all I get is
Parasite of Kos
then meh. I think that's my only real big annoyance with Bloodborne is that other than a couple strength builds and skill builds, there ain't a hell of a lot of variety in build stats and types for my tastes. That's one thing I'll give DS2, if I can stomach the bile long enough to agree with that crazy dude in this thread.

You do?
VaBNcxc.png

I can already hear libera me from hell playing in my mind, let's do this!

Maybe.

I think I encountered a bug against
Ludwig
as when the cutscene finished it turned out the Npc had been hacking away all the time and he was dead. Rip.

Roussow

I appear to have a dot on me in the majority of situations, I can't work out why, even in the Hunters Dream, my health is just ticking down.

Top Bottom