• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Of course you do, but that's not always optimal in certain situations. But sure, you could play with only the transformed state in mind.

As far as viscerals go, try it for yourself. It's only gem based though, NOT weapon based. You get a slight increase with arcane scaling for instance (probably some amount more if you use really high end arcane gems), also with papers I believe, but what really pushes it through the roof is the physical attack gems. So for me, not having those effectively knocks off over 2k dmg from my viscerals. This aside from the level and Skill scaling of course.

So that combined with me not wanting to waste health on every little mob that I can easily take out with the one handed mode, not to mention also allowing me to use my Evelyn, is something I really don't think is worth the relatively meagre increase in damage I'd get from using pure bloodtinge stuff. Versatility is pretty key to me.

Visceral damage is counted from your level, your Skill, and your physical attack--so putting high level physical attack gems is really beneficial if you are planning to use lots of viscerals. Oh, and if you buff your weapon with Bolt or Fire paper for instance, your Visceral will do more damage too.

I am not quite sure about this but I think the R2 charge of the Kirkhammer Hammer mode is uninterruptible once the Hunter launches it successfully. I am also quite convinced that in terms of stagger potential, Kirkhammer is higher than Ludwig since I personally have seen multiple occasions where the Hammer manage to stun enemies that Ludwig cannot with its normal big sword swings... although yes... Ludwig boasts a better damage potential than the Kirkhammer--faster, too.

As for the bolded, goooood :) Such an under-appreciated weapon, Raiterpallasch is :) I greatly favor it over BoM as well.
I didn't know about gems and the papers enhancing viscerals. Learning something new about this game all the time.

I understand what you mean about versatility. It's just very satisfying to draw the chikage and sheath it after slicing up enemies. You feel pretty badass using it efficiently knowing it's a risk since it drains your health.

You get one +18% from the bridge in Mensis that has those Winter Lanterns and +15% is near the pigs in Mensis. I remember the other +18% being near the Micholash fight but not sure. I play this game on autopilot so I hardly remember where items are but I still manage to pick everything worthwile anyway.

Ah OK. Will have to check that out when I inevitably play through the game again.

Nullabe

Holy fuck at the kos boss fight. What the fucking fuck From!������

He is insane. His lightening attack is maybe one of the more un-escapable shit they ever made with the fire attack from sky by Ancient Dragon of DS2.

The 2nd phase is madness. He killed me more time than Ludwig.

Nameless

Holy fuck at the kos boss fight. What the fucking fuck From!😡😡😡

EW6qVGy.gif

myco666

He is insane. His lightening attack is maybe one of the more un-escapable shit they ever made with the fire attack from sky by Ancient Dragon of DS2.

The 2nd phase is madness. He killed me more time than Ludwig.

I have one really good tip for that attack so that it will be really easy to dodge.
Fight at middle of the lake/sea. The lighting always hits Kos and that is where all the lighting starts rolling. So fighting near Kos is really bad idea.

silva1991

I have one really good tip for that attack so that it will be really easy to dodge.
Fight at middle of the lake/sea. The lighting always hits Kos and that is where all the lighting starts rolling. So fighting near Kos is really bad idea.

Yeah, fighting in the middle of the lake is the best idea. the lightening literally comes from the dead mother.

as soon as he summons the lightning you just run away and you will easily find a gap between lightning waves.

Rofl, thats me during my 70 or so tries trying to beat this mofo. For me officially the hardest soulsborne boss ever. No boss did even come close to this.
He is not even hard just a cheap asshole with a shit ton of health and cheap 180 moves that one shot I hate him so much glad it's over I lost my sanity on it

Nullabe

Rofl, thats me during my 70 or so tries beating this mofo. For me officially the hardest soulsborne boss ever. No boss did even come close to this.

Oh oh oh nope. The Watch dog man. The mofo Watchdog. Do you remember ? Half-HP, double damage, one shots attacks, no errors ? Yeah.

idonteven

anyone wanna help with l
udwig
on my new char ? i am a really really low lvl and its not gonna work alone

edit:nvm done it

Darak

Finally was able to beat Kos after hours and hours of attempts. Worst boss ever made in any Souls game. I didn't learn patterns or got gud, I was simply blessed by the RNG god.

I tried the optional boss, a lazy reskin, and got one-shot by the first attack he made, bullshit hitbox included. I'm not going to bother with that one.

He is not even hard just a cheap asshole with a shit ton of health and cheap 180 moves that one shot I hate him so much glad it's over I lost my sanity on it

Oh oh oh nope. The Watch dog man. The mofo Watchdog. Do you remember ? Half-HP, double damage, one shots attacks, no errors ? Yeah.

Lol I agree, I just meant there has not been a single boss that comes even close to taking me 70 attempts to beat him. I dont know why it was so hard with Laurence, I had him to like 2-5% multiple times and of course got greedy. So glad its over...

myco666

Finally was able to beat Kos after hours and hours of attempts. Worst boss ever made in any Souls game. I didn't learn patterns or got gud, I was simply blessed by the RNG god.

I tried the optional boss, a lazy reskin, and got one-shot by the first attack he made, bullshit hitbox included. I'm not going to bother with that one.

Worst boss? Seriously? Also optional boss is a reskin but he has two totally new phases.

Manu

Yup, Orphan is one of the best fights in the series.

Granted, he killed me dozens of times and made me hate life, but still.

Darak

Worst boss? Seriously? Also optional boss is a reskin but he has two totally new phases.

In my opinion, he is. That was a very bad way to finish the DLC.

It's unfortunate because I think the middle part of the DLC is excellent and Maria is one of the best bosses in the series, now that was an amazing fight. But I definitively don't think the DLC is at the same level of quality, compared to the main game.

myco666

In my opinion, he is. That was a very bad way to finish the DLC.

It's unfortunate because I think the middle part of the DLC is excellent and Maria is one of the best bosses in the series, now that was an amazing fight. But I definitively don't think the DLC is at the same level of quality, compared to the main game.

But why though? I thought that boss was easily the best one in the DLC. LM has more flair in the fight due to all the blood and fire but OoK is just much more fun and intense.

edit.

is there someplace in the stats that shows which NG+ playthrough you're currently in?...for example NG++ or NG+5 etc

Count how many Micholash Cages you have. You get one per playthrough.

I always heard people saying how hard this boss was. This weekend I decided to finally get the platinum. When I faced him I got him on my third go. Three of the bosses in the DLC are waaaaaaaaay more challenging than that thing. You put on fire resist gear, wait for it to do a bite attack, dodge in, hit twice dodge out and repeat. Or wait for lava vomit and go to town him. It was actually a pretty boring fight.

ludwig
is the most challenging by far. He has two entirely different phases to learn and takes a ton of hits to kill. I hated it at first but I think it's a fantastic boss fight now.

OoK
was an awesome dodge fight that had some anoying moves in his final phase to get your head around. I thought it was a great boss

laurence
can go fuck him self simply because he is in a small room with horrible camera issues and so many fire effects the frame rate tanks at times.

laxu

What do you think is the best version of the Whirligig Saw? I have normal, uncanny and lost. My normal is already a +6 but I can get the others to that as well but would prefer saving my shards so I can get that weapon to +9 eventually. Just want to pick the best gem setup for this weapon...

laxu

L
iving
F
ailures
might be my favorite boss name of anything ever.

It describes them perfectly. Crappy looking 3D model, uninteresting move set and pretty easy to defeat. Totally unmemorable if it wasn't for the meteor attack.

Gammacide

Rofl, thats me during my 70 or so tries trying to beat this mofo. For me officially the hardest soulsborne boss ever. No boss did even come close to this.
Yeah, stuck on this guy now. Not even enjoying the fight a little. Defiled Watchdog took SOOOOO many tries, but it always felt fair and challenging. Laurence is cheap and awful. Got him to like 3-5% a few times but couldn't down him. One of my least favorite bosses. Second phase is just bullshit. OoK second phase is exciting and never seems cheap either. Just want my trophy and rune then never touching this guy again.

finalflame

It describes them perfectly. Crappy looking 3D model, uninteresting move set and pretty easy to defeat. Totally unmemorable if it wasn't for the meteor attack.

DAT meteor attack though. Was one of my more surprising/awe-full moments in a Souls game.

wiibomb

in retrospective, that fight is one of the best fitting fights in the entire game, they are a real failure, honestly, that fight is already excellent climatic having in mind the area one just passed, since everything is filled with such things

Besides, all their attacks are exactly like the kin, but really mediocre, with the exception of the meteor attack (still mediocre), and even then that can be traced back to Rom, it gives a pretty clear picture about what was supposed to be happening on that place

So the (Astral Clock Tower boss/lore spoilers)
Living Failures
and all the folks with
huge, squishy heads,
they're all
failed attempts at creating Celestial Emissaries
?

jonjonaug

Yo ! What's up breh
hqdefault.jpg
Celestial was hilarious because I killed it before it could transform. It did it's transform animation and immediately died.

I've been going through this game over the last week, been having a blast. All I have left to do for the Plat trophy is clear out Defiled and GPI chalices and get all the endings, plus the DLC which I intend to start tonight.

Darak

But why though? I thought that boss was easily the best one in the DLC. LM has more flair in the fight due to all the blood and fire but OoK is just much more fun and intense.

OoK has a massive number of hitbox and camera issues and launches combos that will kill you even with a full life bar, whose telegraphs manage to be both confusing and really short. In a game without cancels, that doesn't mix well. Sorry, but it felt like bad design to me. I understand how others could find it engaging, but I stand by my opinion.

myco666

OoK has a massive number of hitbox and camera issues and launches combos that will kill you even with a full life bar, whose telegraphs manage to be both confusing and really short. In a game without cancels, that doesn't mix well. Sorry, but it felt like bad design to me. I understand how others could find it engaging, but I stand by my opinion.

Never really had any problems with camera in that fight or with hitboxes. I think the projectiles should have smaller AoE but thats about it. Those combos that will kill you usually end up in a move that is really easy to dodge if you keep your cool and learn the timing. I thought all the telegraphs were long enough to get what will happen next. Never felt like I actually had to guess what he throws at me next. Shame that you didn't like the fight.

Top Bottom