• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

TitusTroy

any chance From Software releases another DLC or is there no chance?...I guess Dark Souls 3 is their main priority now but I can hope

Grady

Im am like level 134 and this first boss is wrecking me. ...badly. i only once got him to half health and was like fuck me when he transformed with a whole new moveset. Doesnt help that online was down last night. Maybe better luck tonight.

Maxim726X

Im am like level 134 and this first boss is wrecking me. ...badly. i only once got him to half health and was like fuck me when he transformed with a whole new moveset. Doesnt help that online was down last night. Maybe better luck tonight.

So... At level 97 the DLC won't be too easy?

So... At level 97 the DLC won't be too easy?

Depends on your set up. You levels starts suffering diminishing returns once you have 50 vit, 40 end 50 str or skill and a +10 weapon. After that weapon gems and runes make a bigger difference.

After about the 130-150 area levelling up kinda just expands your options (can add arcane in the mix or something) rather than gives you a huge damage / defence boost.

So yeah in NG+ 97 is prob a little low but still doable if you have good gems and runes. But in all honesty it won't take long to lvl up to the 130ish mark. In NG at that level it depends on your own personal skill level whether it's to hard or easy.

TitusTroy

is the Loch shield a viable shield to use for the entire game in the same way as the Dark Souls games or is the dodge/step-back/weapon-parry move the only way to play Bloodborne?

myco666

I am ng plus with 40 strength and 55 vitality. I found the main game extremely easy to. With servers up and the npc summons, it should be no problem as a 3.vs 1.

That should be enough for the DLC on NG+. It is just supposed to be hard especially when compared to main game.

edit.

Depends on your set up. You levels starts suffering diminishing returns once you have 50 vit, 40 end 50 str or skill and a +10 weapon. After that weapon gems and runes make a bigger difference.

After about the 130-150 area levelling up kinda just expands your options (can add arcane in the mix or something) rather than gives you a huge damage / defence boost.

So yeah in NG+ 97 is prob a little low but still doable if you have good gems and runes. But in all honesty it won't take long to lvl up to the 130ish mark. In NG at that level it depends on your own personal skill level whether it's to hard or easy.

If you enter the DLC at 97 on NG+ you will be lvl100+ in no time with the amount of echoes you get from the first area. As long as you have over 30 Vit you should be mostly fine. I would recommend 40Vit atleast on NG+ though so that the first boss doesn't kill you too fast.

Drencrom

Does that church hunter that you find with
that weird plip plop blob creature after finding that secret passage in the second elevator drop anything
? I got pushed and he fell down with me but I can't find any drop from him above or below.

cheesekao

that weird plip plop blob creature after finding that secret passage in the second elevator drop anything
? I got pushed and he fell down with me but I can't find any drop from him above or below.
Nothing of note. Just kill the blob for its brain fluid and run away if you aren't capable of killing him.

laxu

When some of you say you have several different builds, do you mean you have multiple characters just leveled up differently from the start of the game? Sounds like that would take a long time to get all the gems and other items.

Hydrargyrus

I'm at 55 STR and SKL, and 18 ARC. I'm using a +10 Ludwig sword and I'm about to buy the DLC. The moonlight sword really attracts me, but I don't know if it could match the Ludwig even afeter leveling arcane a bit.

What do you think?

laxu

I swear that fucker is the real boss of the level. Has way too much HP for a regular enemy.

laxu

I'm at 55 STR and SKL, and 18 ARC. I'm using a +10 Ludwig sword and I'm about to buy the DLC. The moonlight sword really attracts me, but I don't know if it could match the Ludwig even afeter leveling arcane a bit.

What do you think?

If you're used to the Ludwig sword then you probably won't like the moonlight since it doesn't have the fast one handed mode of the Ludwig. Its normal mode is more like a bit faster version of the Ludwig big sword form sans the damage.

Hydrargyrus

If you're used to the Ludwig sword then you probably won't like the moonlight since it doesn't have the fast one handed mode of the Ludwig. Its normal mode is more like a bit faster version of the Ludwig big sword form sans the damage.

I'm always play it 2 handed. I really dislike the guns, so I play this way all the time
Is the damage difference too big from the Ludwig?

myco666

When some of you say you have several different builds, do you mean you have multiple characters just leveled up differently from the start of the game? Sounds like that would take a long time to get all the gems and other items.

I think I have 7 characters with different builds at lvl90 with +10 and +9 weapon and best gems main game gives you automatically (+18%, +18%, +15%). It takes around 8 hours to get to that point so not really that long. I never bothered with Chalices aside from my first character that has everything done so no top tier gems for me.

Darak

Is there no NPC summon option at all for the last DLC non-optional boss? I'm stuck there, and it's a huge player skill block for me. It's a shame because I try hard to beat everything solo, but this guy is too much :(

I'd try online summons, but my Internet is shit. The times I've tried to play the game online it would break all the time.

TitusTroy

Is there no NPC summon option at all for the last DLC non-optional boss? I'm stuck there, and it's a huge player skill block for me. It's a shame because I try hard to beat everything solo, but this guy is too much :(

I'd try online summons, but my Internet is shit. The times I've tried to play the game online it would break all the time.

try wearing the Charred Hunter set for some extra fire resistance and make sure to equip some runes/blood gems which will help you

I think I have 7 characters with different builds at lvl90 with +10 and +9 weapon and best gems main game gives you automatically (+18%, +18%, +15%). It takes around 8 hours to get to that point so not really that long. I never bothered with Chalices aside from my first character that has everything done so no top tier gems for me.

Where do you get those gems in the main game? My main is on NG+++ and until I did chalice dungeons best I got was two 16.5% and a 9% triangle one for my kirkhammer. The dude I took to the DLC in NG only had 2 x 12.5% and a 6%.

CONFIRMED

loch shield doesn't work on Ebrieteas magic attack.

Meh. Best thing to do against her is just jam yourself up her arse and swipe away. If she spins you free just dodge back in there. Only ever faught her twice and just naturally did that both times and she hardly hurt me.

myco666

Where do you get those gems in the main game? My main is on NG+++ and until I did chalice dungeons best I got was two 16.5% and a 9% triangle one for my kirkhammer. The dude I took to the DLC in NG only had 2 x 12.5% and a 6%.

You get one +18% from the bridge in Mensis that has those Winter Lanterns and +15% is near the pigs in Mensis. I remember the other +18% being near the Micholash fight but not sure. I play this game on autopilot so I hardly remember where items are but I still manage to pick everything worthwile anyway.

Darak

try wearing the Charred Hunter set for some extra fire resistance and make sure to equip some runes/blood gems which will help you

I'm stuck at
Orphan of Kos
, which doesn't look like he does anything with fire. Wasn't the fire boss optional?

I'll try again after I grind a few more vials, but it has been more than 100 tries by now. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who doesn't have a reliable Internet connection will never be able to finish this DLC. They went a little too far with the difficulty fetish, the main game is nothing like this.

TitusTroy

Non optional boss. He isnt talking about Laurence.

I'm stuck at
Orphan of Kos
, which doesn't look like he does anything with fire. Wasn't the fire boss optional?

I'll try again after I grind a few more vials, but it has been more than 100 tries by now. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who doesn't have a reliable Internet connection will never be able to finish this DLC. They went a little too far with the difficulty fetish, the main game is nothing like this.

my bad...in that case for the last boss...what I did was load up on runes which raised my blood vial count to 27 and also raised my health by 10%...you need as much health as possible...don't get greedy with hits...take 1-2 hits and back off and wait for him to do his crazy moves...I find his Stage 2 is actually easier because he leaves himself open to attacks more and his moves can be telegraphed easier...you can also easily parry him but if you miss with the parry it leaves you open to attacks

Darak

my bad...in that case for the last boss...what I did was load up on runes which raised my blood vial count to 27 and also raised my health by 10%...you need as much health as possible...don't get greedy with hits...take 1-2 hits and back off and wait for him to do his crazy moves...I find his Stage 2 is actually easier because he leaves himself open to attacks more and his moves can be telegraphed easier

Thanks, I'll try that.

At this point I'm consistently bringing him to the second phase but I'm always destroyed there, he becomes extremely aggressive and likes to mess around with my camera :(

So I got the Digital + DLC Edition recently. After some troubles I killed the Cleric Beast and was really close to killing Father Giascone the first time I fought it (which was before Cleric Beast for some reason).

So I simply want to ask, when and how do you unlock the DLC. I'd rather not google spoilers, so if you could keep the answer spoiler free, that'd be great.

cheesekao

So I got the Digital + DLC Edition recently. After some troubles I killed the Cleric Beast and was really close to killing Father Giascone the first time I fought it (which was before Cleric Beast for some reason).

So I simply want to ask, when and how do you unlock the DLC. I'd rather not google spoilers, so if you could keep the answer spoiler free, that'd be great.
Once you kill a cute, furry reindeer and touch a skull.

myco666

You need to get to a certain point in the story and after that you get item in the Hunters Dream that unlocks the DLC area.

TitusTroy

Thanks, I'll try that.

At this point I'm consistently bringing him to the second phase but I'm always destroyed there, he becomes extremely aggressive and likes to mess around with my camera :(

if you can make it to his 2nd phase then you can beat him...just be careful of his lightning AOE attack but as I found out you can interrupt that attack by hitting him multiple times when he's about to activate it...when he does his 3-4 shot slam move just get behind him and you can get in multiple clean shots...he leaves himself open way more in the 2nd phase

Did anyone else get a cannot download message for the new update? Retrying doesn't work and although there's an option to go into system storage management, i'm not sure what i'm looking for in there.

I've just tried restarting the PS4 and deleting and downloading the update again and that hasn't worked.

What do?

Ferr986

I would be okay with it as well. My first build was all over the place and I would have liked to jank points from useless stats I bumped. Now it is almost lvl200 though with lot of stats at 50 so I don't need the respeccing anymore.

I actually haven't done Chalices at all aside from one character that went through them all. I guess I should go get some better gems for other characters but I really don't want to go through Chalices again since you need to go through all the piss easy ones thoroughly so that you don't need to farm materials.

I did Chalice runs with 3 characters, including my new one, even though I'm not liking this character right now (that's why I would gladly use a respec here).

I enjoy the Depth 5 runs but I had enough of the lower ones lol The worst part is grinding materials.

Bendoruu

Neo Member
Thanks, I'll try that.

I heard about a strategy yesterday for Kos and its 2nd phase. Basically you have to run in the water until you reach an invisible wall. If you stay against it, most of Kos aerial attacks will glitch a bit and will be easier to dodge.

It's not a cheese per say but it seems to make the fight a bit easier. I'll try it this afternoon.

myco666

I did Chalice runs with 3 characters, including my new one, even though I'm not liking this character right now (that's why I would gladly use a respec here).

I enjoy the Depth 5 runs but I had enough of the lower ones lol The worst part is grinding materials.

Harder Chalices are great yeah. I would really like if they lowered the requirements on materials needed so that you could run through them faster on subsequent playthroughs.

Jombie

I went through with a new skill character, my Maria cosplay, to get the Raykuyo. I didn't feel like soloing Ludwig for the third time (fairly low leveled) so I summoned a player - die; summon NPC - die. Said 'fuck it' and solo'd him first try, using 3 vials. It's why I never summon help, I always end up looking like an ass. My character looks nice though : \

Top Bottom