• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

NEO0MJ

Did I just get really lucky with my ripostes or is M
aria
a really simple boss? The only thing I am quite sure of is that I am not very good at the game ...

The boss gets destroyed by ripostes and is way too susceptible to stun, which makes it very easy to overpower her. A real shame.

Kaibutsu

I guess for most people, they're playing the DLC on NG+? Is there a recommended level to start it? I saved right before any of the ending phases for the regular game, wondering if I should just venture into NG+ now, or just reload and finish the DLC on the old save. I think I'm level 85 now? I want to properly start NG+ a bit leveled up, but I swear this go around I spent more money on Blood vials than anything else (a couple levels were spent!)

Honestly maybe it's because I'm not the world's greatest Bloodborne player and maybe it was because I hadn't touched Bloodborne since May but the DLC kicked my butt on ng+ when I was around level 155 or so. By the time I finished the dlc (and finished the last of the chalice dungeon stuff including the platinum) i was level 180

Mutombo

I helped about ten guys with laurence just now, and out of those ten maybe two times we got close to killing. I died beforehand in those times, so it might not have succeeded.

Tried soloing, and did fairly well. But his second face is just so fucking annoying. Being patient is the key I guess, get one attack in and leave immediately. But even getting that one attack in is so hard sometimes.

I helped one guy who dealt massive damage. Not sure if he used bolt paper, or had the best gems, but that went pretty fast.

addyb

I'm in dire need of help with orphan of Kos. I just can't do it on my own and it's frustrating. I'll ring my bell with a password of gafhunt if any kind expert soul wants to help me :)

Tried soloing, and did fairly well. But his second face is just so fucking annoying. Being patient is the key I guess, get one attack in and leave immediately. But even getting that one attack in is so hard sometimes.

That's Ludwig, not Laurence.

What NG+ cycle are you on?

Ferr986

Wish there was an item to make enemies aggro invaders. Kinda annoying all of those invaders that don't have the guts to go fight you, and stadn behind an enemy trying to bait you

konjak

Wish there was an item to make enemies aggro invaders. Kinda annoying all of those invaders that don't have the guts to go fight you, and stadn behind an enemy trying to bait you

That would be fun. Yet another small-but-fun feature Dark Souls 2 added that BB skipped! I hope that, and Soul Vessels + option to go to NG, are in DS3. L3 to jump already is.

Ferr986

OK, ringing!

That would be fun. Yet another small-but-fun feature Dark Souls 2 added that BB skipped! I hope that, and Soul Vessels + option to go to NG, are in DS3. L3 to jump already is.

Yep, that item and the NG+ jump are no brainers. There should be in every Souls. I think enemies aggro invaders would make invasions more fun on both sides. Really, is just a waste of time for both if the invader is just hiding behind an enemy. The invaded will surely not fall for it, and the invasor will not get his kill.

addyb

It should work now. I wasn't getting the message about it searching for a resonant bell with matching password. It's saying it now.

Just got up to Ludwig. This DLC has been amazing so far. Absolutely loved the focus on hunter fights throughout the section as they produce some of the best fight dynamics in action rpg's as a whole. Particularly, loved the fight with the beats dude who is very aggressive.

Shat myself when I saw the blood river filled with bloodsuckling beasts but praise the moon that the they were not the same variants from Cainhurst. Best enemy though was those massive axe wielding beasts. The aoe effects it has on its moveset is so cool, I wasn't even mad when I got one-shotted.

The cave at the end of the blood river though......I have no words. Looted, killed the hunter and booked it.

I'm also noticing lots more invasions which were really fun. Also do you guys recommend joining The League?

Tingle

Is it an unwritten rule not to use vials when pvp?

If you join a PvP session randomly, most people use vials. I have had a few sessions where the host didn't, so I played along with them.

There isn't really a good way of telling, and as an invader, you are generally in a disadvantage due to having less health and frequently getting ganked.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I heal if;
- they heal first;
- I feel like continuing the fight after taking a lot of damage;
- I'm the host (or a cooperator helping a host) and questing and just want to survive.

If I'm engaging in a duel (we both bowed and go 1v1) and they don't heal first, I probably won't heal. But that's just me, I don't care or get offended if they do heal.

I heal if;
- they heal first;
- I feel like continuing the fight after taking a lot of damage;
- I'm the host (or a cooperator helping a host) and questing and just want to survive.

If I'm engaging in a duel (we both bowed and go 1v1) and they don't heal first, I probably won't heal. But that's just me, I don't care or get offended if they do heal.

Pretty much this.

Get'sMad

Was helping some rando beat OoK w/ another cooperator and after the battle ended
the other cooperator was chilling in the water before we disappeared back to our own world and he got like eaten by some alligator looking thing that popped out of the water? What was that?

Tingle

Was helping some rando beat OoK w/ another cooperator and after the battle ended
the other cooperator was chilling in the water before we disappeared back to our own world and he got like eaten by some alligator looking thing that popped out of the water? What was that?

Its a new spell that was added in the DLC update. You get it as a reward for doing the Co-op covenant. Its pretty bad though.

I haven't done a lot of PVP in Bloodborne (I mostly play on an obscenely high BL character), but it's been my experience that whether or not someone is "allowed" to heal usually isn't being determined by etiquette.

gogosox82

Not that I'm aware of. There really aren't any rules. Unless your doing a duel/fightclub and you set rules up for no healing then you really should expect that people will heal in a fight, especially a close fight or your invading randoms.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks. I was wondering because I invaded some people and they weren't healing themselves.

In a 1 vs 1 situation, it's generally considered bad manners in the community if you heal during PvP, especially if your opponent don't.

I only heal if my opponent heals first, or if it's one vs. more than one opponents.

xglaurungx88

Neo Member
I generally don't heal until my opponent does. As soon as they down a blood vial then everything is fair game.

On another note, finally beat
Orphan of Kos
after about 80 attempts on NG++++. Gave up on soloing him and decided to call in support. Managed not one, but two co-ops appearing. I was level 201 so just getting one person what a miracle. Still almost got trashed even with the help, haha.

Now just have
Laurence
left to deal with.

tesqui

I must be the only person who had severe problems with Maria. It took me maybe 20 tries to beat her. I hear that she's easy with ripostes, but I never really got the hang of that mechanic.

Top Bottom