• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

KeRaSh

If you're looking for the boss of that area:
go with the first elevator, exit left in the room with the wheelchair guys. You should have outside a Church Servant, kill him and take the stairs on his right. Those will lead to a big door.

EDIT:
Also, yes. But it doesn't lead to a boss fight.

Sweet. Thanks for the tip!
I'm having a lot of fun just grinding enemies for my Moonlight Blade build. The DLC just confirmed that this is my GOTY. Might get back into the regular NG+ to overwhelm enemies with my higher level.

Jellie

What move did you in?

He went in the air so I thought he would charge but he summoned a bunch of red projectiles which I dashed into. Had no vials when he had a third HP left so dying after dodging loads of his attacks sucks but beat it second try anyway.

NEO0MJ

He went in the air so I thought he would charge but he summoned a bunch of red projectiles which I dashed into. Had no vials when he had a third HP left so dying after dodging loads of his attacks sucks but beat it second try anyway.

Not bad still, considerin you got it on your second try. It has become a bit of a wall for me.

What is a suggested level to begin the DLC in NG+? I think I'm gonna have to farm for a little bit to be able to tackle it. :(

I feel that you should be at least 100, more if your build is heavily spread.

Final boss of dlc NG+6 ans sl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIr78pQnJHU

impressive

I'm surprised how much damage the player is doing. I mean there are no raw weapons in this game to help you when you're low leveled.

Jellie

Not bad still, considerin you got it on your second try. It has become a bit of a wall for me.

I feel that you should be at least 100, more if your build is heavily spread.

I'm surprised how much damage the player is doing. I mean there are no raw weapons in this game to help you when you're low leveled.

I was using rayuko which was decent but found switching to the whirligig helped a lot. Stunned him and got a lot of health back with it. Just didn't lock on roll towards and hit then roll and hit again and again though apparently he's cheesable.

laxu

I use Mergo's Loft middle exclusively for farming and once you've done the run a couple of times I'd say chance of dying was negligible. I let the pigs and the big group of SoY kill each other and pick off whoever is left. With all 3 Moon runes equipped I think this has to be the fastest/most profitable farming route?
The reason why Lecture Building first floor beats Mergo's Loft Middle is that it's:
  • Need to clear one room vs whole level
  • Easier enemies
  • Right around the corner from the lamp

So even if one run doesn't net you as much you can do maybe 3+ runs in the same time it takes you to clear Mergo's Loft Middle once. A lot more boring to be honest but easy money.

NEO0MJ

I'm like 102 and I feel like I'm getting bodied. Having issues with the first enemies even. :/

The new hunter enemies are very strong. What's your current stat spread?

I guess you didn't have all three Moon runes equipped?

Nope. I usually don't equip them unless I'm intentionally grinding.

I was using rayuko which was decent but found switching to the whirligig helped a lot. Stunned him and got a lot of health back with it. Just didn't lock on roll towards and hit then roll and hit again and again though apparently he's cheesable.

I guess you were purely Skill/strength to switch between the Rakuyo and and the Whirligig Saw.

Azzanadra

Did anyone find
Laurence
harder than the final boss? I have heard people complaining about the former, but I beat him after a couple of tries, while I still cannot beat the final boss after 2 days of trying. Whats the secret?
I can get to the first form easily enough, but the second form wrecks me.

Did anyone find
Laurence
harder than the final boss? I have heard people complaining about the former, but I beat him after a couple of tries, while I still cannot beat the final boss after 2 days of trying. Whats the secret?

Harder? No. Less fun? Absolutely.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Did anyone find
Laurence

I definitely found Orphan harder than him but yeah he did take me a few tries as well. Playing on NG to be fair. Some tips:

1. Summon Valtr. You can see his messengers at the foot of the stairs if you have the League rune equipped. He doesn't actually do much damage but he is a great distraction during the first half of the fight. (he will likely die in the second half). If you can't summon him, well, the good news is that I believe bosses have less health with no co-op. So there's that.

2. Use Bolt Paper if your weapon supports it. And beast pellets.

3. First phase you should be cutting away at his legs and butt while he chases the other guy. Stay behind or under him. Retreat when you need to heal.

4. When he goes into phase 2, there is seriously a 10 second window where he just sits there. Do a charge attack or 2.

5. When he spews at you, that is your sign to move in close and whack him from the side.

6. When he goes after you, roll away and don't stop. He crawls forward like 6 or 7 times.

7. The absolute best time to attack him in phase 2 is when he swipes at you with his right claw. Easy to dodge and easy to quickly punish. He seems to do it when you're in front of him or a little to the side of his head. He can actually be locked in this pattern if you are lucky.

After finally conquering Ludwig all by myself* last week, I found myself without any time to play any Borne. Just got back on it earlier today.

Can anyone tell me what in the fuck i'm doing wrong with the
two hunters
shortly after Ludwig? They're grinding my gears, but not in the classic Soulsborne 'just one more try' kinda way, more in the 'fuck this' and turning the system off kind of way...

*thanks NPC and random summoned helper

Sub_Level

After finally conquering Ludwig all by myself* last week, I found myself without any time to play any Borne.

Can anyone tell me what in the fuck i'm doing wrong with the
two hunters
shortly after Ludwig? They're grinding my gears, but not in the classic Soulsborne 'just one more try' kinda way, more in the 'fuck this' and turning the system off kind of way...

*thanks NPC and random summoned helper

The white robe one should not even hit you. Use the beds to block her magic attacks. Take care of the physical guy first. Don't recall having much trouble with that but may have gotten lucky.

The white robe one should not even hit you. Use the beds to block her magic attacks. Take care of the physical guy first. Don't recall having much trouble with that but may have gotten lucky.

I lure the guy with the holy blade down the stairs (the ranged attacker doesn't follow), but if he gets one hit in i'm screwed. I'll give it another go tomorrow evening if I can squeeze the time in.

Molemitts

I've been fighting M
aria
for ages now and it's a really fun fight, but I keep running out of Blood Vials and it completely ruins it for me. So, I'm thinking I should just summon. Are there any NPC summons nearby?

Azzanadra

I definitely found Orphan harder than him but yeah he did take me a few tries as well. Playing on NG to be fair. Some tips:

1. Summon Valtr. You can see his messengers at the foot of the stairs if you have the League rune equipped. He doesn't actually do much damage but he is a great distraction during the first half of the fight. (he will likely die in the second half). If you can't summon him, well, the good news is that I believe bosses have less health with no co-op. So there's that.

2. Use Bolt Paper if your weapon supports it. And beast pellets.

3. First phase you should be cutting away at his legs and butt while he chases the other guy. Stay behind or under him. Retreat when you need to heal.

4. When he goes into phase 2, there is seriously a 10 second window where he just sits there. Do a charge attack or 2.

5. When he spews at you, that is your sign to move in close and whack him from the side.

6. When he goes after you, roll away and don't stop. He crawls forward like 6 or 7 times.

7. The absolute best time to attack him in phase 2 is when he swipes at you with his right claw. Easy to dodge and easy to quickly punish. He seems to do it when you're in front of him or a little to the side of his head. He can actually be locked in this pattern if you are lucky.

Oh sorry, maybe my message was worded strangely, but it is the Orphan I am struggling with, while Laurence was the one that only took a few tries.

Jabba

Banned
Oh god that is the worst. What the hell do I do with coldblood that gives me 150 echoes in NG+ and beyond? Can you even buy one pebble with that?

Yeah BB is pretty balanced and it is most likely the lower amount of weapons and spells. Gems throw some variants into the mix like we saw with Rifle Spear but nothing major aside that. Or atleast I don't remember. Maybe Cannon in PVE? It is still pretty 'broken' in PVP if you know the best way to use it.

But yeah I agree that you shouldn't really care about having balance in Souls or Bloodborne especially at launch when there is always something broken. At launch PVP basically boils down to who finds the most broken shit fastest.

edit.

Using overleveled builds. Thats what I did the first time haha. Is there something that is causing problems for you in general?

The overall problem is my skill level of course. But I had trouble dodging and just plain staying out of range. He was like flies on shit basically. He killed Henrietta pretty quick a few times. He also hits you when he really shouldn't, rare but he does.

I finally killed him just now though, with Henrietta npc. Once she gets going, she staggers the shit outta him with Kirkland Hammer. That was my problem though. (Definately a skill problem.) I never really contributed to the fight enough to get myself and Henrietta going. My advice, to others having trouble like me. If you use a summon, split his attention so the boss is indecisive.

SkylineRKR

I'm level 159 and the NG+ DLC still isn't a walk over. I'd say its appropriate difficulty, feels even. I did grind a lot of chalice gems though and have over 800 att on my Kirkhammer. I beat the first boss when I was about 135. But I didn't even try it at 103 (which was exactly my level when I started playing this game again). I chose to beat Chalices up to Yharnam instead before tackling DLC.

Vitality is key in this game, mine isn't extremely high (40). I use the best clockwise rune and spend the echoes on other stats.

myco666

The overall problem is my skill level of course. But I had trouble dodging and just plain staying out of range. He was like flies on shit basically. He killed Henrietta pretty quick a few times. He also hits you when he really shouldn't, rare but he does.

I finally killed him just now though, with Henrietta npc. Once she gets going, she staggers the shit outta him with Kirkland Hammer. That was my problem though. (Definately a skill problem.) I never really contributed to the fight enough to get myself and Henrietta going. My advice, to others having trouble like me. If you use a summon, split his attention so the boss is indecisive.

Yeah that is pretty much the coop strategy for everything. Only hit bosses when their attention is on the other player and just dodge when it is going after you. No need to put yourself in danger when in coop.

ScionX

Neo Member
Anyone want to give me a hand with
Orphan of Kos
NG+? I stopped having fun fighting him a while ago and just want it to be over with.

Well, I finally beat
Laurence
. I found him to be harder than
Orphan of Kos
. The first phase was easy, but the second phase was much harder. I was at 0 vials and less than half health, so I decided to stop being cautious and got right up in his face. After wailing on him, I got the kill, but he took me with him. Luckily, it still counted. Now all I have left to do is finish the chalice dungeons and I will finally start NG+.

Deadman

Fought L
udwig
for about an 90 mins and then gave up. When i came back a couple of hours later I killed him first time. Funny how that happens sometimes.

After the fight
I said yes to his question and he just gave me the sword, now his head is just sat there not doing anything. Is there any reason to kill it?

After the fight
I said yes to his question and he just gave me the sword, now his head is just sat there not doing anything. Is there any reason to kill it?

There's no good mechanical reason.

There's the fact he's a gross, horse-faced, raging jackass, though.

CHC

What is a suggested level to begin the DLC in NG+? I think I'm gonna have to farm for a little bit to be able to tackle it. :(

I started around 110 and my ass was HANDED to me on a silver platter. You might be better than me however, but anything below 100 and I would consider keeping a spare controller on hand.

Old Hunters was, without any close competition, the hardest piece of Souls content I have ever experienced.

I was curious how the DLC would relate to the lore of the main game because as things stood it didn't seem like much of it, even though characters or references would appear in it, actually enhanced anything from the main game's lore.

Then I got to the Fishing Hamlet.

Then I got to the caves in the Fishing Hamlet.

Then I got to the boss of the Fishing Hamlet.

Now I'm like "Ooooooooh."

I was curious how the DLC would relate to the lore of the main game because as things stood it didn't seem like much of it, even though characters or references would appear in it, actually enhanced anything from the main game's lore.

Then I got to the Fishing Hamlet.

Then I got to the caves in the Fishing Hamlet.

Then I got to the boss of the Fishing Hamlet.

Now I'm like "Ooooooooh."

Now we know:
people who say "Kosm" are wrong.
Come at me, Micolash Cage.

Sub_Level

Oh sorry, maybe my message was worded strangely, but it is the Orphan I am struggling with, while Laurence was the one that only took a few tries.

Oh sorry haha I thought it wasn't the final boss because you mentioned the other one first.

Yeah here are some tips for the second form (you should eventually get the first form down almost perfectly)

- For the lightning, either run to the cave or run to the farthest point in the water. It will disappear before it hits the cave. For the water, you will have a chance to dodge, but it can still hit you there.

- When he throws balls at you then jumps over you to throw balls from behind, run to where he was initially. This will ensure you're safely out of range.

- When he goes berserk and starts hitting the ground, roll away first but at the end of that combo he jumps for a jump attack. If you dodge it this is the perfect opportunity to do a couple charge attacks.

- Don't chase after him. If you notice he goes all over the damn place. You will just be frustrated.

- Use bolt paper and beast pellets, of course. Make sure you got at least 14 vials for phase 2. You really want your first phase to go well.

As someone who rarely pays attention to the music in a game for the most part, but liked a couple songs from Bloodborne, the DLC music IMMEDIATELY grabbed my attention and shook my world. The
Ludwig
fight music was fantastic, even switching it up into Form 2 but I am in legit awe of the
Orphan of Kos
music and how it switches into Form 2 because it is just...unbelievable.
Laurence
was top fucking tier too.

Like, it may be the best Souls song that has ever been written.

I am a LITTLE disappointed in
Kos
though.
For a Great One it was kinda simple and smallish. I was hoping the battle with Orphan would take place like on it's giant undulating form. That looking at it would immediately shoot your Insight to 99.
Oh well. Not a big deal.

Boss Man

Bloodborne is $20 right now on Amazon again FYI

Appears to be temporarily out of stock but you can still buy it at that price. It jumped back up to $40 everywhere after black friday.

dan2026

So Amygdala in the chalice dungeon just sits there not moving and I cant attack him.
Is this a bug? How do I fix this? Reloading doesn't work.

I posted about it in the OT and everyone ignored me :(

Jabba

Banned
Fought L
udwig
for about an 90 mins and then gave up. When i came back a couple of hours later I killed him first time. Funny how that happens sometimes.

After the fight

I never even got asked a question afterwards.

So Amygdala in the chalice dungeon just sits there not moving and I cant attack him.
Is this a bug? How do I fix this? Reloading doesn't work.

I posted about it in the OT and everyone ignored me :(
Cuddle with her :3

No idea ever heard of this before.
I never even got asked a question afterwards.
I know wearing a church attire and answering yes allows you to get the sword. Either way, a few smacks with your trick weapon will do the trick ;)

Having trouble unlocking the DLC. I got the item in the hub area no problem, then went and got grabbed by the amygdyla. Thing is, it always kills me with Frenzy.

I'm level 75 on NG, not sure why it would do that...

dan2026

Me sitting next to her. This kind of sucks. I dont know what to do.

Bloodborne_20151213192528.png

Jabba

Banned
Me sitting next to her. This kind of sucks. I dont know what to do.

Any way to bring enough ranged weapons, all the molotavs, poison knives, regular knives etc to kill her?

If your build can use arcane attacks, maybe you can hit the boss with those also.

Top Bottom