• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

ramyeon

How far do you need to be to buy the Rocks? Can't see them and I'm at the end of my first play through with this character - have the Rock you get through normal gameplay.

Edit: If you have to be in NG+ that's going to be annoying.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU CAN BUY BLOOD ROCKS? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I JUST WASTED 60 INSIGHT YESTERDAY TO BUY 2 CHUNKS SINCE I THOUGHT EH, I DIDN'T NEED IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE ANYWAYS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How far do you need to be to buy the Rocks? Can't see them and I'm at the end of my first play through with this character - have the Rock you get through normal gameplay.

Edit: If you have to be in NG+ that's going to be annoying.

Anyone has any idea?

It would be *hilarious* if the requirement for doing this is defeating the last boss of Pthumerian Dungeon... lol (please no)

20 Insight for Blood Stone Chunks is still excessive imo

Well it's quite easy to farm Great One's Wisdom in Chalice Dungeon and one of those gets you 3 Insights. So you only need 10 of them (its 30 btw); it's not hard, just really, really tedious.

Edit: Wooh, just learned they lower the requirements for Blood Chunks to 20. After I just bought 2 of them for 60 >________________________________>

addyb

Sorry to bring up an old question but how do you get the bagman to spawn outside cathedral ward (to get whisked away)

I'm on ng+ and have just beaten Amelia and I want to go the alternative route to the hunter in old yharnam as i didn't do this on the first playthrough. Some have said he only spawns after BSB but if thats the case how do you get to BSB without going through old yharnam and making the tower hunter hostile?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sorry to bring up an old question but how do you get the bagman to spawn outside cathedral ward (to get whisked away)

I'm on ng+ and have just beaten Amelia and I want to go the alternative route to the hunter in old yharnam as i didn't do this on the first playthrough. Some have said he only spawns after BSB but if thats the case how do you get to BSB without going through old yharnam and making the tower hunter hostile?

Yup, they only spawn after you defeat BSB.

As for Djura, don't worry, even if at first he shot at you during your visit to Old Yharnam from the front, later on if you approach him from BSB lamp or Paarl lamp, he will conveniently forgets he ever shot you and he will be friendly regardless and will give you a gesture and his badge if you answer that you won't hunt the beasts there.

Of course, you still need to kill him if you want his clothing set.

SkylineRKR

Not sure but I think you can also go to Paarl from Yahar Gul proper. But it doesn't matter if he shot you first. As long as you approach him later with no monsters slain. You can befriend him, then kill him.

Maria is easy with a fast weapon, and a pain in the ass with a slow weapon. I struggled against her with the Kirkhammer myself.

Man the Living Failures are not pushovers at NG+3. Killed them with 0 vials left lol.

I one shot her with the KH (normal form). Can stunlock first phase with normal strikes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsv4Pzv31Gk

Didn't know shit about phase 2, still got some counters in.

Derpot

You have to go through Old Yharnam to beat BSB, there is no other way.
Djura will be hostile at first, but when you beat Paarl in Yahar'gul and open the door to Old Yharnam, if you go see him by borrowing this path, he will be friendly. Just don't kill any beasts before his eyes lol.

(I don't know if I'm clear enough)

(EDIT: heh beaten x) )

As for Djura, don't worry, even if at first he shot at you during your visit to Old Yharnam from the front, later on if you approach him from BSB lamp or Paarl lamp, he will conveniently forgets he ever shot you and he will be friendly regardless and will give you a gesture and his badge if you answer that you won't hunt the beasts there.

Oh it works from BSB lamp too? You're not forced to beat Paarl? Gonna try that.

EDIT: Oh shit no, it doesn't work, he's still hostile lol

neoism

The newest update (v 1.09) has been released.

Major content for update 1.09:

Changes to weapons
The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.

Changes to Insight Shop
 ・In order to trade for the Blood stone Chuck, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.
 ・Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
 ※ A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the above.

Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.

Please look forward to the implementation of the newest update.
Thank you for playing Bloodborne. Keep up the hunt.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

:O welp time for another playthrough.....

addyb

Thanks guys. Lol I was scratching my head thinking how the hell do I get to BSB without going through old yarnie.

So can I kill enemies en route to BSB in front of him?

Don't climb his tower go and do BSB, get bagman killed, beat paarl and then go back way to him and done :)

knitoe

I am sure I got the bag guy to appear before killing BSB. On one of my start over, I was able to get bagged, killed Paarl and talk to the hunter without killing BSB. As to when the bag guy appears, I am not sure. Maybe, after killing ROM.

Derpot

Thanks guys. Lol I was scratching my head thinking how the hell do I get to BSB without going through old yarnie.

So can I kill enemies en route to BSB in front of him?

Don't climb his tower go and do BSB, get bagman killed, beat paarl and then go back way to him and done :)

Yep, that's it!

Fuck, he attacked me, but I didn't kill him. I'm going to try to beat Paarl and come back, I hope we can still be friends ;-;

He telegraphs that move for ages so you really shouldn't be getting hit by it unless you're dodging to the right. You should try playing unlocked with the hot dog as it is easier to deal with its attack that way imom

The tricked charged R2 used to take like 120 or something stamina. It's ridiculous.

Its more the fact im usually at his back legs and he lunges forward somehow hitting me. Feels like a broken hitbox.

Hes dead now. Just needed to bitch online to beat him.

SkylineRKR

I am sure I got the bag guy to appear before killing BSB. On one of my start over, I was able to get bagged, killed Paarl and talk to the hunter without killing BSB. As to when the bag guy appears, I am not sure. Maybe, after killing ROM.

They are all dead after ROM.

They only appear after BSB. In my current run, I haven't visited OY yet, and there aren't any bag men in my game. I am at Forbidden Woods atm.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

No, after beating ROM they all disappear (and the Gaol lamp is broken) since.... well, after beating ROM, a new management takes over Ya'hargul, after all, hahaha.

Yep, that's it!

Fuck, he attacked me, but I didn't kill him. I'm going to try to beat Paarl and come back, I hope we can still be friends ;-;

Heh, I always pretended to be friends with him just so that I can backstab the guy, get his clothing set, and--since I always did it after equipping the Vileblood Rune--as an easy way to get Blood Dreg to get the deep respect gesture from Annalise :p

knitoe

They are all dead after ROM.

They only appear after BSB. In my current run, I haven't visited OY yet, and there aren't any bag men in my game. I am at Forbidden Woods atm.

Then, it's not Rom, but something else that triggers them to appear and I am almost 100% sure it's not going through the front / tower way. Like I said, I read up about going through the back way and getting the hunter friendly. Thus, I somehow got the bag guy to appear, got bagged, went through the jail cells, killed Paarl and went back to talk to the hunter without approaching BSB.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Then, it's not Rom, but something else that triggers them to appear and I am almost 100% sure it's not going through the front / tower way. Like I said, I read up about going the half way and getting the hunter friendly. Thus, I somehow got the bag guy to appear, got bagged, went through then jail cells, killed Paarl and went back to talk to the hunter without killing the BSB.

AFAIK it's impossible to get Djura to be friendly to you--so I have no idea how you can do it from a "half-way" point--unless you approach him from behind after loading an area. Since if you approach from the front he will be flagged by the game as always hostile to you since it is impossible to avoid his line of sight from the front.

I have never seen a case like your story... hmm. If that is not a mix up on your part, then I am very sure it's a glitch/bug. I mean the community has basically turned this game upside down and I haven't even heard even once it's possible like in your case.

Derpot

Okay, I just beat Paarl and came back to him, and he wasn't hostile anymore even if I attacked him 5 minutes ago lol. I guess the poor man is very old.

Heh, I always pretended to be friends with him just so that I can backstab the guy, get his clothing set, and--since I always did it after equipping the Vileblood Rune--as an easy way to get Blood Dreg to get the deep respect gesture from Annalise :p

*gasp* You monster!
I always befriend him and never try to kill him after, I mean, I'd feel too bad x)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Okay, I just beat Paarl and came back to him, and he wasn't hostile anymore even if I attacked him 5 minutes ago lol. I guess the poor man is very old.

*gasp* You monster!
I always befriend him and never try to kill him after, I mean, I'd feel too bad x)

Sorry, he just don't get to be my friend after barraging me with gatling gun fire XD

In NG+ I rarely killed him though since I see no point since I already have all his goodies :p

NEO0MJ

I just rush him with the Kirk Hammer and knock him down. It never fails.

SkylineRKR

Anyone has any idea?

It would be *hilarious* if the requirement for doing this is defeating the last boss of Pthumerian Dungeon... lol (please no)

Well it's quite easy to farm Great One's Wisdom in Chalice Dungeon and one of those gets you 3 Insights. So you only need 10 of them (its 30 btw); it's not hard, just really, really tedious.

Edit: Wooh, just learned they lower the requirements for Blood Chunks to 20. After I just bought 2 of them for 60 >________________________________>

Didn't know you could buy Rocks. But for Chunks, I mostly just farm merciless watchers 5pwujscd, which is the shortest layer I ever found and they occassionally drop 2 chunks next to high tier gems (sucker guarding the lever drops them too). I think you need to have beaten Isz for it, which is easy except for Ebrietas (who seems to be easy now with Bowblade, lol).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just rush him with the Kirk Hammer and knock him down. It never fails.

Yeah but I need to get that gesture. AFTER I get everything I want from him, THEN I kill him, hahaha.

Didn't you see the warning!?

Pffft, he is known as a foolish man anyways :p

And the other, cooler old guy has said that it's the perfect place for a hunter, so no paper in a gate can forbid my Hunter to enter (and really, at least lock the gate or something: the only effort he gives to prevent anyone killing stuff there is just a piece of paper on a door? *shakes head*)

Derpot

I hate the path that I have to go through to fight Logarius. It's tedious and makes me waste one blood vial, urgh.

Pffft, he is known as a foolish man anyways :p

And the other, cooler old guy has said that it's the perfect place for a hunter, so no paper in a gate can forbid my Hunter to enter (and really, at least lock the gate or something: the only effort he gives to prevent anyone killing stuff there is just a piece of paper on a door? *shakes head*)

HE'S OLD OK HE WENT THROUGH A LOT.

(But you have a point here tho lol)

I like the written warning. He's in a world where people are hiding their monster friends in moonshadows under lakes and locked behind astral clocktowers, and he's the guy who's like, "Man, that bullshit never works anyway. I'm just going to ask nice, and hopefully whoever finds the note won't be too far gone to read it."

NEO0MJ

I hate the path that I have to go through to fight Logarius. It's tedious and makes me waste one blood vial, urgh.

Yeah, it's one of the more annoying paths to take. Losing a blood vial every time is annoying, and I don't want to waste bullets ringing the healing bell as you need them for this fight.

I wnder what weapons this affects, and how exactly?

We know the flame hammer doesn't use as much stamina anymore.

Derpot

Beat Logarius at lvl 30 on solo! I'm proud of myself \o/

Yeah, it's one of the more annoying paths to take. Losing a blood vial every time is annoying, and I don't want to waste bullets ringing the healing bell as you need them for this fight.

Yeah, bullets are necessary to do visceral attacks and destroy his magic sword during the second phase (jeez, he spamed that "flying swords" attack too many times during my fight).

NEO0MJ

Oh, so it was for the better, at least for that weapon. Hopefully the change won't affect negatively any of the skill-based weapons.

I think I read somewhere that the bowblade's trick mode charge attack costs twice as much stamina due to Miyazaki being disappointed with people reverting to a Dark Souls style gameplan.

So far FromSoft mostly did buffs instead of nerfs, which in my opinion is the correct course to take for Bloodborne. It is mostly a PvE game, so taking away powerful tools doesn't feel good.
Actually the only nerf I can think of right now is the Cannon, since they didn't want players to nuke bosses with four shots. This seems reasonable to me. And if you insist on nuking you can still equip some Oeden runes.

Melchiah

I think I read somewhere that the bowblade's trick mode charge attack costs twice as much stamina due to Miyazaki being disappointed with people reverting to a Dark Souls style gameplan.

Damn. So they effectively removed the easy mode for the latecomers.

neoism

You get can 6 insight by speed running the depth 1 chalice dungeon. Repeat as needed.

lol yeah but i was talking about farm drops! doing CD for them is even more boring then farming...at least you get echos at the same time but the drop is rare for that enemy 2-5%....

SkylineRKR

Yeah so I just befriended Djura by skipping OY, go through Yahar Gul, slay Paarl and rush through the church onto the ladder of the bell tower.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I made a huge mistake with my chikage build. I shoukd have just focused on either Bloodtinge or Skill, not both. I can still beat the game comfortably and whatever, its just plain old NG, but it sucks not being optimized.

Thats great news about Blood Rocks.

IMO he's harder at NG than NG+. Or, well, first time I fought him was at NG++ and he wasn't a big deal. But fighting him early into NG on another character and... ouch.

There are missables, but there are trophies for each of the 3 endings anyway so you need to play the game 3 times to get them all. Of course, that is unless you use the USB save trick like a low-life cheater. ;)

Sorry, I meant for the DLC.

myco666

Don't you dare nerf the best STR weapon in the game From!

I assume you mean Whirligig Saw? That shit is insane and definitely needs some nerfs. Nothing major but still needs some. Or other weapons need some buffing.

If true then good. Charged shots were really OP against bunch of bosses.

Seeing a lot of Djura talk and just have to throw in my two cents...

I'm on NG+ with my first character and, playing blind, pushed him off the roof on that one. Now that I've started a fresh game for the DLC, I decided to fight him fair and square because I felt like a bitch for pushing him off the first time around.

Turns out Djura is a massive asshole, who knew! That's all I've got...

Top Bottom