• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I already have done all CDs so getting to those depths is not an issue. Any suggestions on how to do this farming?

How and where do you do this blood gem grinding?

GamingOblivion said:
Best gems for the Rakuyo are the +27.2% Phys. Blood Gems. Get three of them.

To get these gems, you need to completely beat the Chalice Dungeons. To do so, follow this picture guide:

http://i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg

Once you've followed the guide and gotten a RFC Dungeon, use this Chalice glyph:

pwmf22gu

And speeedrun through the level and kill the Layer 1 boss. You will have to grind for that gem but keep in mind that once you find it, it will have a 2nd random "curse" that will be a downside. The best downside is a "Stamina Cost +3%". If the gem that drops isn't the one you want, exit out of the Chalice and use the glyph again. It won't use any resources and you can do it indefinitely, as long as you are online. These gems will make your rakuyo fucking insane and with my build, I can three shot most players in PvP and tear up most Bosses.

If that isn't the Blood Gem you're looking for, take a look at The Bloodborne Sheets for the Blood Gem you want (plus a load of other info!).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#

Scroll on the first page until you reach the Blood gems.

Curufinwe

I never tried the Beast's Embrace rune till just now after reading about it in the guide.

It really looks great to finally be a proper beast in Bloodborne.

laxu

Question. I haven't played this in awhile and hopped on to try Old Hunters and apparently I forgot I started a NG+ so I was all the way back at the beginning. Should I do the DLC with NG+ or should I just start fresh?
Depending what kind of stats you built in NG. If you have high vitality and reasonably good other stats and at least a +9 weapon then DLC should be fine. I went straight to DLC from NG+ start and got until the first boss but then needed to level up quite a bit to best him.

If you start a new game you'll have to play quite far in the main game to be high enough level to take on the DLC so it might be better to just suck it up and do it on NG+.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Is Mergo's Wet Nurse glitched? First two times i fought her were fun and tough and i kept dying with her about two hits away from dying herself :(((

third time she only did one attack and kept repeating it and it's the easiest attack to cheese (she moves forward in a straight line while slowly repeating attacks)

cheezcake

Is Mergo's Wet Nurse glitched? First two times i fought her were fun and tough and i kept dying with her about two hits away from dying herself :(((

third time she only did one attack and kept repeating it and it's the easiest attack to cheese (she moves forward in a straight line while slowly repeating attacks)

Hmm I thought this issue was patched, a hard restart of your PS4 should fix it, or just go to the PS4 dash and close Bloodborne using the "Close Application" prompt and start it up again I think works too

lunlunqq

If that isn't the Blood Gem you're looking for, take a look at The Bloodborne Sheets for the Blood Gem you want (plus a load of other info!).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/htmlview?sle=true#

Scroll on the first page until you reach the Blood gems.

I just made a video mini-guide of going through that farm run fast and easy. Please forgive my going AFK for a 20 secs here and there. My wife were talking to about something... :(

https://youtu.be/j9YZx200uu0

SkylineRKR

Decked with Eye Runes, I typically get 2 Chunks per boss kill in a chalice. Find a chalice glyph with a short and easy run to the lever, and an easy layer 1 boss.

5pwujscd is ridiculously easy for this (Cursed Isz), and drops Triangle runes. Run into the main room, into the left door, up the stairs past the chest (free ritual blood 5) is the lever guarded by a brain sucker. Beware the arrow trap next to that entrance though, lol.

Werewolves are okay ish now. I think I get about 1 chunk per 3 tries or so.

Merry Bloodxmas to everyone :

usVPga5.png

Hunt begins.

laxu

As someone who just got bloodbourne, should I buy the DLC before or after my first playthrough?

Buy it right away if you like the game already. Even if you are too low level to play it you can still try to collect the items by avoiding enemies. That will give you some cool weapons to play with. Otherwise it's best to play quite far in the main game and then come back to the DLC.

Ovek

7Member7
Yay after trying for two fucking days I finally beat Laurence, good God he is some garbage tier shit lord.

2AdEPT

You said "you piece of shit" from the bottom of your heart :p

Pthumerian Descendan is always an asshole in that dungeon.

Yup...had him down to 13% on my first try going yolo, then tried all the other crappy techniques for a bout 15 tries...admittedly got a bit
"perturbed."

JoBo4

Neo Member
what level were you guys at before you beat ludgwig? i'm at 110 i believe and i can basically get only halfway lol. This guy is ridiculous

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Use the blade on the wounded first guy?

You'll create beautiful chaos either way. It'll help you out for sure.

But the more important thing is parrying. The first shark especially is super easy to parry because the timing is really generous.

what level were you guys at before you beat ludgwig? i'm at 110 i believe and i can basically get only halfway lol. This guy is ridiculous

100. I used the npc summon near the door (you need the League rune symbol equipped to see him)

2AdEPT

I was 85 on NG, but it took me 30 tries to learn his attacks. THis video explains some of the things I had to learn in order to get through the bastage. SInce there are guys doing this at SL4 NG+infinatum unfortunatley leveling isnt necessary. The church set with choir pants was the highest magic resist gear I had and it really helped with phase 2.

so I'm trying to make the level with the glyph code but can't, showing that I don't have the requirements. I made cursed loran and was able to search cursed isz btw...
THis happened to me as well...turns out I never bothered to get the living string (ever) and never found the brain tha drops it before which is part of the material needed...you also need 4 red jelly which i used doign root dungeons instead. I ended up needing one more chalice the great ihyll one, Farmed all day yesterday, now I hope I can do it. Ensure you have sll the dungeons ...someone posted a chart a few pages back.

Sub_Level

Getting my shit pushed in by Maria :/ Must have died to her 40 times in the last hour or so. Had far less trouble with the notorious Ludwig. Any tips? I'm only on NG - around level 80 with about 35 BT and Chikage/Evelyn

Well I'll be damned, I recently did a fight against Maria at level 79 with the Chikage. I was using the Skill form mostly, though. Remember when she puts the Rakuyo above her for a charge attack, the timing is much faster than when she readies it at her hip.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHyAKHejtA

Also to make her first phase easier, parrying is really easy. You can pretty much just spam your pistol and you'll get her a few times. But do not try to use the pistol after she puts the swords in her and goes into phase 2. At that point its just dodging and getting in close.

Sub_Level

gah martyr logarius gives me the hardest time

Call me captain obvious, but he's not easy. Both phases are annoying in their own way. But for what its worth, parrying is much easier i phase 2 since he does 500% more melee attacks. Some people in this thread recommend shooting the swords he plants as soon as you can target them. If you're not able to get a shot off, run behind a pillar. Then run opposite the side of where he chases you straight to the sword to slice it. The swords can't track you when you're running directly towards it, ironically. For phase one, don't be greedy because he does that bullshit where he summons magic in front of your face in like 2 nanoseconds. You can dodge THROUGH his small magic balls for a quick hit or two.

I was 85 on NG, but it took me 30 tries to learn his attacks. THis video explains some of the things I had to learn in order to get through the bastage. SInce there are guys doing this at SL4 NG+infinatum unfortunatley leveling isnt necessary. The church set with choir pants was the highest magic resist gear I had and it really helped with phase 2.

THis happened to me as well...turns out I never bothered to get the living string (ever) and never found the brain tha drops it before which is part of the material needed...you also need 4 red jelly which i used doign root dungeons instead. I ended up needing one more chalice the great ihyll one, Farmed all day yesterday, now I hope I can do it. Ensure you have sll the dungeons ...someone posted a chart a few pages back.

yeah I have yet to make the defiled chalice in pthumeru list...

2AdEPT

Well I'll be damned, I recently did a fight against Maria at level 79 with the Chikage. I was using the Skill form mostly, though. Remember when she puts the Rakuyo above her for a charge attack, the timing is much faster than when she readies it at her hip.

Also to make her first phase easier, parrying is really easy. You can pretty much just spam your pistol and you'll get her a few times. But do not try to use the pistol after she puts the swords in her and goes into phase 2. At that point its just dodging and getting in close.

NIce vid......Yup me also..parries are the way out if you dont want to learn all attacks.......I was a little OP by his time (I think over a 100.) ...and admittedly I was lucky on the third phase dodges...I never made it past the 2nd phase much enough to learn them....was a perfect storm run at the time after lots of dyiin! Best tip I can give is to wail on her with the powered up chikage when she does her first trasnformation animation (and after watching above video the 2nd transformation as well).....just make sure to back and get out without getting too greedy.

If it's NG, 110 is more than enough to beat him. Main thing is learning his attacks and when you are able to go in.

For reference, both my brother and I can take him down at like level 30-40 in NG.

Sub_Level

NIce vid......Yup me also..parries are the way out if you dont want to learn all attacks.......I was a little OP by his time (I think over a 100.) ...and admittedly I was lucky on the third phase dodges...I never made it past the 2nd phase much enough to learn them....was a perfect storm run at the time after lots of dyiin! Best tip I can give is to wail on her with the powered up chikage when she does her first trasnformation animation (and after watching above video the 2nd transformation as well).....just make sure to back and get out without getting too greedy.

Your vid is perfect showcase of why its worth investing in Endurance past 15. Couple times there you were able to get 4-5 hits in.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I finally beat Defiled Watch Dog. Fought Amygdala and died with it having 1 pixel of hp left. If one of my arrows or Burial Blade swings had hit, I'd have killed it. Motherfucker.

Rakuyo and Simon's Bowblade have quickly become my new favorite weapons.

Just started the game today, I've just past the blood starved beast in old yharnam and I'm thinking of picking up the DLC today mostly for more weapon variety. (I only have the saw cleaver and kirkhammer) recommend to do on first play through? Or wait till second?

Just started the game today, I've just past the blood starved beast in old yharnam and I'm thinking of picking up the DLC today mostly for more weapon variety. (I only have the saw cleaver and kirkhammer) recommend to do on first play through? Or wait till second?
Second play through as in NG+?

I'd recommend you do it right before you beat the game your first time around. It'll be very tough without a leveled character.

Szadek

You should do it neat the end of the first playthrough.
You can get some of the weapons early by making a suicide run, but that's probably all you can do on low level.

So what am i supposed to do exactly?

I just made the great ihyll chalice and still can't meet the requirements of the code...

Basoes

On NG at 108 getting the Rakuyo was pretty easy haven't fought Laurence or Orphan but the hardest boss so far was Maria, but she was also the funniest out of the dlc

got the Rakuyo to +10 now I need to farm some gems, which sucks since I'm only at the 2nd chalice dungeon

DSmalls84

Ebrietas was kind of a pain in the ass lol. I think I got complacent after how easy Amygdala and Celestial Emissary were. Time to start the DLC!

Oh my, did you expect a proper ending in a Souls game? how sweet soul you are.

and you're okay with that?

As if that gives it anymore of an excuse, it makes me look at the fans even more suspect. And then they want to be highly critical of other games lol

man i should become a dev, and re-use assets for DLC, create some shit, and tell everyone some outlandish convoluted story behind all the madness.

Would save me so much effort, money, resources, and I'd make players feel smart. Never have to craft a journey, just re-creating a formula that people don't mind playing over and over again.

inb4 dark souls 3 is GOTY contender too.

Curufinwe

As if that gives it anymore of an excuse, it makes me look at the fans even more suspect. And then they want to be highly critical of other games lol

man i should become a dev, and re-use assets for DLC, create some shit, and tell everyone some outlandish convoluted story behind all the madness.

Would save me so much effort, money, resources, and I'd make players feel smart. Never have to craft a journey, just re-creating a formula that people don't mind playing over and over again.

It took 359 days but we have 2015's worst GAF post right here.

usp84

Please ''become'' a dev then and make a game that is better than demon's souls, dark souls and bloodborne.

PLEASE i beg you.

Seriously its ok not to like how they tell a story but making a crap post like this is another thing

Which would primarily get the vote on the simple premise that I spoke ill of BloodBorne lol How dare I...

I'm sorry, you're right, the ending was great. And i'm just not "getting it".

If you played this game for the ending, then you should just stop playing these games by the sounds of it.

I don't think anyone is propping this game up to be some narrative masterpiece. These games have always been about pure gameplay experiences.

Please ''become'' a dev then and make a game that is better than demon's souls, dark souls and bloodborne.

PLEASE i beg you.

Seriously its ok not to like how they tell a story but making a crap post like this is another thing

well once i make one of those, I can change the skin, and add a dodge mechanic in the last one and i'll be adored.

It's a crap post because you don't like it.

and I think it's quite a fine post. I might even say fantastic.

You know you can cheese the heck out of this fight if you have the Augur of Ebrietas. Connect with it, knock down, run up to her and get some free hits and repeat til dead.

https://youtu.be/kuH--vzC2Qg

Dahbomb

the ending to this was terrible. Tired of From being excused for their laziness, yet other games get heat...

Damn son looks like you got a chip on your shoulder.

Sounds like some Souls fans dissed on your favorite game now you are dissing on Souls games.

well once i make one of those, I can change the skin, and add a dodge mechanic in the last one and i'll be adored.
Well dodge mechanic was always in the Souls game so all you would be doing is changing the skin.

Can't wait to play your Souls game with a different skin. I bet it will sell 2-3 million and get 90+ on MC. Just like this game:

Lords-of-the-Fallen-Cover-Art-revealed-5-822x1024.jpg

If you played this game for the ending, then you should just stop playing these games by the sounds of it.

I don't think anyone is propping this game up to be some narrative masterpiece. These games have always been about pure gameplay experiences.

well yes, I do like to feel the games i'm playing are fully realized. It tends to be a common desire.

and a narrative masterpiece is not required to put effort into a conclusion.

But regarding the narrative masterpiece, these same people seemingly understand that Bloodborne has a "focus", yet they go ahead and critique other games for something that is not their primary focus, say...the witcher 3 and combat. So you see, it works both ways. make sure and do your civil duty and tell that to everyone that critiques other games for something that isn't their focus.

yet I doubt that will happen. alas you'll only strike against me, because I spoke ill of the old blood.

Top Bottom