• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can someone verify that if I saved my game to a flash drive right before the final boss; I can now re-load my save from my flash drive and onto my PS4. From there, since I'm at the end of the game, I can do everything I need to trigger the DLC and partake with my high level character in standard NG?

Thank you!

Rakuyo
is A SKL/C ARC at +10. It's quite a ways into the DLC though.

Is that the only one?

Life kind of sucks for skill players although they got arguably the two coolest weapons from the main game. I tried
Rakuyo
and it doesn't do any of the
crazy blood stuff like Maria does. It's pretty much a longer, slower BoM

myco666

Build question: does the DLC have good weapons for an arcane build? I've wanted to make a new arcane character for a while and that could give me the motivation for it.

Well
MLGS
seems to be best Arcane weapon in the game. Easily better than anything main game has to offer.

Fhtagn

So, based on PvE but not bosses, as I haven't fought a boss yet, I am definitely overleveled at lvl 160 on NG+.

Thinking about switching over to my underleveled NG character because I'm breezing through the
hunter
fights a bit too easily, it's making me play sloppy and loose and that's not what makes these games fun.

also, very clever bit of design interacting with the marketing, only read this if you've played the first hour or two:
I found what I assumed would be the Fire Cleric Beast, and it's laying there on an altar, passive, offering something to pick up. I was SURE it would suddenly rise and attack me the entire time I was in that room... and yet, it didn't, a chilling bit of expectation subversion. I assume if I hit it it might kill me, but I didn't.

Rozart

Hah funny you say that, I did too. At first I thought it was gonna be Octopus head guys, I was like OH SHEEEET, but nah, haha

Hah. I would have ragequit so fast if there were hordes of arcane magic octopus guys rushing towards me down the stairs at the same time.

Seriously though, this area's atmosphere is seriously top-notch. Going to bed now coz I need a break and this place is getting just a lil too intense for me. (Those clinking bottles, man. I'm getting some tinkling bells flashbacks now.)

Arjen

Has anyone found the new
shield
? I'm wondering if it is usable with the transformed
Beast Cutter
considering that weapon does not have a transformed charge attack, and instead allows you to use a side arm. I could see combat with the
Beast Cutter + Shield
being pretty fun.

I found it but haven't tried it yet.

th4tguy

So I have a save just before the final boss, was working my way through the chalice dungeons for plat but gave up at Loran Darkbeast in defiled chalice dungeon. Am I able to access dlc content without starting ng+?

So, based on PvE but not bosses, as I haven't fought a boss yet, I am definitely overleveled at lvl 160 on NG+.

Thinking about switching over to my underleveled NG character because I'm breezing through the
hunter
fights a bit too easily, it's making me play sloppy and loose and that's not what makes these games fun.

You should probably fight some of the bosses to be sure. Are you talking about the
normal hunters or the one off ones that give a bunch of echoes? The former are basic enemies. The latter are pretty typical challenge-wise. The mini-gun guy was a bit of a pain and there's one later on that's pretty tough.

Also its a bit different when your gear is already set up and you don't really feel the need to level anymore the first time you hit new content. Losing souls is a big source of trepidation. I gave absolutely no fucks walking around in this DLC

Neoweee

The DLC is rough at Level 40.

It isn't that the enemies hit hard, but they have a boatload of HP and are relatively resistant to cheese. However, I get the strong feeling like my lack of remotely decent gems and upgrades is more meaningful than my stats themselves.

I actually left to complete Forbidden Woods, which gives like 5x the echoes for the amount of effort. If you're starting an NG character for the DLC, I do strongly recommend doing the Goal and Byrgenwerth, as the gear you find and levels you earn are totally worth it. Forbidden Woods takes, like, 30 minutes but will shoot you from 40 -> 50+.

Arjen

So I have a save just before the final boss, was working my way through the chalice dungeons for plat but gave up at Loran Darkbeast in defiled chalice dungeon. Am I able to access dlc content without starting ng+?

Yes. I did the same.

Fhtagn

You should probably fight some of the bosses to be sure. Are you talking about the
normal hunters or the one off ones that give a bunch of echoes? The former are basic enemies. The latter are pretty typical challenge-wise. The mini-gun guy was a bit of a pain and there's one later on that's pretty tough.

Also its a bit different when your gear is already set up and you don't really feel the need to level anymore the first time you hit new content. Losing souls is a big source of trepidation. I gave absolutely no fucks walking around in this DLC

Yeah even the mini boss one I found wasn't giving me "the fear" so I dunno what to do. I'm probably very close to finding the first boss so I'll give it a try before going to a different character.

Heartfyre

Yep. Just pick up the item at the bottom of the stairs in the Hunter's Dream, and you're golden. I started with the same NG character I got the Platinum trophy with.

Sullichin

Found the (weapon)
Amygdalan Arm
and immediately upgraded it as much as I could (only +8, not gonna cut it in NG+). What an awesome fucking weapon.

radiant_ch

Can someone verify that if I saved my game to a flash drive right before the final boss; I can now re-load my save from my flash drive and onto my PS4. From there, since I'm at the end of the game, I can do everything I need to trigger the DLC and partake with my high level character in standard NG?

Thank you!

I did exactly this and yes: It works :)

All you have to do now is to take the item from the messenger at the stairs beside the puppet, warp to Cathedral Ward and trigger the event.

Fhtagn

Loran Darkbeast is such a fucker.

Has anyone found the new
shield
? I'm wondering if it is usable with the transformed
Beast Cutter
considering that weapon does not have a transformed charge attack, and instead allows you to use a side arm. I could see combat with the
Beast Cutter + Shield
being pretty fun.
It's a very fore shadowed item in the
research Hall
area

Finalow

bought the DLC and downloading 1.07. is it weird that after I bought the DLC I didn't get any option to install/download it? Maybe after I'm done with the patch, uh.

bought the DLC and downloading 1.07. is it weird that after I bought the DLC I didn't get any option to install/download it? Maybe after I'm done with the patch, uh.

From what I understand and have been told, update 1.07 basically is the dlc, so once the update is done installing you can just jump right in!

I feel like they should have set the unlocking condition to start the DLC to after you defeat Shadows of Yharnam or Rom. I'm getting my ass whooped with level 55.

I can't imagine being level ~30 after Amelia and trying this xD

Hanmik

the DLC is only an activation key.. the levels etc. are all part of the patch.

Neoweee

I feel like they should have set the unlocking condition to start the DLC to after you defeat Shadows of Yharnam or Rom. I'm getting my ass whooped with level 55.

I can't imagine being level ~30 after Amelia and trying this xD

I prefer it this way. I wish enemies gave more Echoes to make progressing through the DLC earlier more viable, but you can still just run through and collect a few great items (mostly thinking of one weapon and some gloves that were clear upgrades).

The first set of Hunters just aren't worth fighting. Enemies have so much HP relative to where your upgrades and gems are for the mid-game. I really get the impression that having decked out gems/upgrades is more important than the jump from Level 50->80.

Afrocious

I'm at work but I have a question.
Im at the river of blood. Where do I go from there? To the right is this OP hunter with a Gatling gun and to the left are a billion enemies.

Makeda

*sigh* Finally have the chance to sit down and play this DLC at midnight and I realise that I still need to download the 1.07 patch first :(

Looks like I got about an hours worth of progress bar watching to do - FML :(

lunlunqq

Damn, that's unreal.

I'm with the others who say WOH are basically free XP. I've never even been grabbed by them. They just sit there while their summons do the work.

When are you fighting them? They should be your fifth boss, I think, after Amelia/BSB.

I do them after BSB, but before Amelia.

I mustve entirely missed this- just got to the part with the
shark enemies that divebomb you
is it before or after that

It is pretty much at the start of the dlc.
go right, when you get near the top of the big staircase, through the little cave down to the 6 or so stationary machine guns, through the bomb building down to the blood river and go as far right as you can go until you go into a dark cave. Explore all of the cave

if you have the shortcut unlocked from the first dlc lamp, just go through it and all the way to the other end of the blood river

Man, there's no one to help me with bosses in NG+ it seems. Level 110 and I've been waiting 15 minutes for someone to help me beat Vicar, lol.

Facism

Question about a npc:

dude banging his head against the wall. Opened his cell but can't interact with him. Anyone know how to trigger him or what his purpose is?

tonypark

So I'm wondering how you are supposed to fight this regular enemy
The big guys with the magic bell axe, they have an AOE after they attack that makes my dodging useless it seems.

I tryed up close and personal and it worked wonders.
Much better then keeping some distance and getting wrecked.

Hanmik

Question about a npc:

dude banging his head against the wall. Opened his cell but can't interact with him. Anyone know how to trigger him or what his purpose is?

I just killed him and picked up some loot.. have no idea if he can do something else.. he just annoyed me.

Question about a npc:

I killed him, but I have an idea on a possible secret interaction with him, using a late game dlc weapon.

Top Bottom