• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Nice! What level were you when you started the DLC?

Did the whole thing at 142. Main thing was I had 50 vit which minimises one-shots. I pumped Skill and Strength pretty high although I could've done with one and Arcane too because the chalice dungeons were giving me an absurd amount of echoes.

If you're only pushing one offensive stat it should be doable around 120-ish.

takriel

Damn... so I got my digital edition of the game from the US store. Bought the DLC in the German store. Now they don't seem to work together? The fuck is this shit.

Luckily I got a German disc-based version of the game, so I should be good right?

Fbh

Getting this on the weekend (after I get paid). So excited.

I do have to find my NG+ save somewhere though. I've heard this is pretty hard and my current save on the consle is jus at the start of NG++

Damn... so I got my digital edition of the game from the US store. Bought the DLC in the German store. Now they don't seem to work together? The fuck is this shit.

Luckily I got a German disc-based version of the game, so I should be good right?

DLC is region locked, german disc and dlc work together.

HORRORSHØW

This DLC is making me feel like a total noob. The regular hunter enemies are completely trashing me to the point I just run past them all now. I killed the big axe dude with firebombs, and I wasted a full 20 vials (and still died!) against the dude with the claws where Gilberts house is. Then I eye spy the disgusting bloated bloodsucking enemies from Cainhurst (oh joy!) - I also walked towards the altar in Amelia's boss room and saw something twitch and shit myself and ran out lol!

At SL71 with a +8 weapon I do NOT feel prepared for this area at all!

the hunters are really easy to riposte! well, the boom hammer and whip dudes, anyway.

the beast claw guy is easy to dodge when he jumps in the air and dashes towards you. just sidestep or roll to the side and hit him a few times then repeat.

hows everyone feeling about the bosses?

i felt like a few were much cheaper than in DS2 and DS1, but havent played the dlc for bloodbourne yet.

Oh my god that first boss...

It was epic, I was sooo sad to die on his second phase tho (because the music would stop :/).
Anyway, it took me at least 6 try to finally beat him. I hope the next bosses will be more... gentler ?

Now, with a strength/skill build, do you think the moonlight sword is a better choice than the Ludwig's holy blade ? I have like 20/25 in arcane

HORRORSHØW

hows everyone feeling about the bosses?

i felt like a few were much cheaper than in DS2 and DS1, but havent played the dlc for bloodbourne yet.
shit is hard for me. 130 on ng+ with my +10 kirkhammer.

i have a level 240 bloodtinge build on ng+ that i can probably power through, though. i also have a level 11 waste of skin right after amelia in ng in case i want to roll arcane for the holy sword

Arjen

3rd boss

Maria, what an amazing fight! Intro was so freaking awesome

This DLC is absolutly amazing so far,

So i've unlocked the shortcut
where you meet the friendly hunter
... proceeding forward in the blood sewer/creek(?) I end up descending into an
arena with two of the giant dudes with axes, though one has a cannon instead
. Am I close to the first boss? Is there another lamp or shortcut to open in this area?

Edit: This appears to answer my question.
Yes.

After the giant dude with the cannon, go right instead of left. Should take you to a chapel with a lamp.

myco666

So i've unlocked the shortcut
where you meet the friendly hunter
... proceeding forward in the blood sewer/creek(?) I end up descending into an
arena with two of the giant dudes with axes, though one has a cannon instead
. Am I close to the first boss? Is there another lamp or shortcut to open in this area?

There is a lamp in that area where those enemies are and boss is also really close to that place.

zma1013

So I'm wondering how you are supposed to fight this regular enemy
The big guys with the magic bell axe, they have an AOE after they attack that makes my dodging useless it seems.

lunlunqq

I swear the hardest boss in the early game are the witches of hemwick. I always kill the C Beast, Father G, and BSB on my first try without much trouble. But I always die at the witches... I've died twice already with this new character I created just for the DLC. I just want to be done with them so I can go kill the Vicar and get into the DLC area... But I just can't... arrrrrr~~~~~

I swear the hardest boss in the early game are the witches of hemwick. I always kill the C Beast, Father G, and BSB on my first try without much trouble. But I always die at the witches... I've died twice already with this new character I created just for the DLC. I just want to be done with them so I can go kill the Vicar and get into the DLC area... But I just can't... arrrrrr~~~~~

Wait what? WOH is by far the easiest boss in the game :d. I don't even think I ever have spent more than a few healing items on it. FG and BSB are way harder.

The big guys with the magic bell axe, they have an AOE after they attack that makes my dodging useless it seems.

Rush to his back, hit once or twice.
Second time, I just turned around him

cheesekao

Attack it when it tries to power up. Unless your weapon is crap tier, you can knock him out of the animation.

Ogawa-san

I died more times to the big dudes with anchors than to
Maria
. Of course they had to put
Rakuyo
behind two of them together.

I'm at 50vit and with the 15% HP rune, ~1700HP total, if they grab me 70% of that will be gone. I'm resisting the urge to stop playing and go watch streams instead to try and find people strolling in there at 30vit or so...

Anyone gotten hold of
gratias fist?
yet? I just need ro know if i can parry with it.

Also fuck the bowblade being a bloodtinge weapon. I spent 55 hours making a new arcsne/skill character för that build. Life wasted :(

cheesekao

Maria
Rakuyo

I'm at 50vit and with the 15% HP rune, ~1700HP total, if they grab me 70% of that will be gone. I'm resisting the urge to stop playing and go watch streams instead to try and find people strolling in there at 30vit or so...
Shaman. Bone. Blade. M8.

Cool. Those two big dude wreaked me when I came across them last night... so I went to bed. Tonight they die.

Pro Tip :) There's an alley near them, if you run down, if you killed the hunter Outside of Valtr spot in the forest you can summon him/her, you can summon Valtr right before the boss and also you can summon Henriette I think down the stairs from the lamp - so you have three peeps helping you take them down and then onto the boss.

myco666

I see so around 3/5 hours not bad I only beat one boss so far but taking it real slow

Yeah pretty much. I got to last boss around 3hour mark but got stuck onto that for awhile. Also I still have bunch of weapons and stuff I haven't found.

Maria
Rakuyo

What NG are you on?

So this new enemy i just encountered...has some of the most ridiculous attacks of any enemy in the entire souls series. Seriously can u even reliably dodge the fucker that
slides across the damn floor and starts swinging wildly?!

Top Bottom